Michael & David Kay #8 Farewell to the Disney Dream

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean it could. Imagine you're Dave. You're going to USC, you appear to have friends and you seem to be doing well. You graduate, everyone moves away. You move to wherever for a job, you can't seem to find your niche. You're weird AF so you can't find a partner. You can't turn to your family because it's toxic AF.

I really feel bad for him. He's an idiot....but I do feel bad for him
The one place where he seems to have friends is Houston. At least he gives that impression when he keeps going there. Why is he still living in Orlando? His job is remote so he can work from anywhere and he earns a decent living(assumedly) that it’s not like he needs to live with Mikey and mom. I don’t think he’s made a single friend in Orlando, other then his gf who broke his heart after dating for 83 hours. Probably time to move on from the garbage dump that is his older brother

Reactions: 3
The biggest issue I have with Dave’s travel “adventures” is the wasted potential. Like he has some pretty interesting content at his fingertips if only he put a little more effort into his videos and was more candid.

He has a seemingly flexible job that doesn’t care where in the world he works. What does he actually do? Do his boss/teammates care if he’s working outside of the country? Is his work team-based or as long as he’s meeting deliverable deadlines he’s free to work whenever? It would really be fascinating to know how he makes this work and what challenges he runs into.

And keeping to a strict budget and traveling frugally is another interesting angle if he could find it in him to be honest with his viewers. Put together a budget and allocate the funds in different buckets, $X for food, $Y for accommodations, etc. And show the viewer how you track outflows and what the grand total is at the end. Obviously that would require solid planning and tracking, and I know laziness is a Kay specialty. But it’s such wasted potential.

Reactions: 7
Complete waste of eight minutes this morning. Same video he's put out over and over and over recently. Absolutely nothing to it. Lazy.

MK must have a real job these days. He's not going to the parks, Disney, or otherwise (scary other parks). He's simply sitting in front of a green screen and repeating the same words until he gets to the eight-minute mark. I think I read something, somewhere that eight-minutes is a key number for monetizing on YouTube?

Oh... One take-away, MK thinks Disney watches his videos. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 5
Here is a funny comment for Mikey today.

3LEe_Z4lMqV7OvxyHar5ftci=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

ChrisWithACam
16 minutes ago
Are you aware of the @michaelkayin90seconds youtube channel? If it's not you, I strongly suggest you go after them because they're making you look bad.

One more. duck you Kelly.

8HhoPCwgdBbbEiH4GU4upIS3=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Thelma Johnson

Great video. I appreciate your honesty but I hope it doesn’t jeopardize your Disney media privileges. I so look forward to you covering special events before the public can see them.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Here is a funny comment for Mikey today.

View attachment 1242125
ChrisWithACam
16 minutes ago
Are you aware of the @michaelkayin90seconds youtube channel? If it's not you, I strongly suggest you go after them because they're making you look bad.

One more. duck you Kelly.

View attachment 1242157
Thelma Johnson

Great video. I appreciate your honesty but I hope it doesn’t jeopardize your Disney media privileges. I so look forward to you covering special events before the public can see them.
Lol! You're killing me!

Glad you showed up this morning. MK is killing this thread as fast as his YouTube channel! ⚰🤪

Someone's deleting comments as soon as they're posted. Haha. The number keeps going up and down. 🤣🤐

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The biggest issue I have with Dave’s travel “adventures” is the wasted potential. Like he has some pretty interesting content at his fingertips if only he put a little more effort into his videos and was more candid.

He has a seemingly flexible job that doesn’t care where in the world he works. What does he actually do? Do his boss/teammates care if he’s working outside of the country? Is his work team-based or as long as he’s meeting deliverable deadlines he’s free to work whenever? It would really be fascinating to know how he makes this work and what challenges he runs into.

And keeping to a strict budget and traveling frugally is another interesting angle if he could find it in him to be honest with his viewers. Put together a budget and allocate the funds in different buckets, $X for food, $Y for accommodations, etc. And show the viewer how you track outflows and what the grand total is at the end. Obviously that would require solid planning and tracking, and I know laziness is a Kay specialty. But it’s such wasted potential.
A lot of IT shops have fully embraced the full-remote aspect of it. Some just ask you're within the USA and not working remotely in a foreign country due to regulations, but other than that do not care in the slightest. A guy I know moved from VA->TX->Colorado->North Dakota->Unknown. Just traveling the country and working remote.

He got his work done so no one cared. I'd imagine for Dave he could be in a similar role. And depending on how his team is spread up (assuming he's on a team) being in different time-zones at different times could in theory allow for better coverage/integration efforts/etc

And +1 to travel on a budget. He could do a "travel on a budget" type thing and it would work well. But instead he just goes "We'll see...maybe....TBD"

Reactions: 1
Or if Dave is really working while traveling (I say this because both of these idiots are pathological liars) he could provide real business type travel information. This hotel has free wifi access, this hotel you can access a printer if need be, it has x amount of plugs in the room for electronics to be set up and charged. But no, just more bleeping wandering through shopping malls and switching from one crappy hotel to the next.

Reactions: 6
Or if Dave is really working while traveling (I say this because both of these idiots are pathological liars) he could provide real business type travel information. This hotel has free wifi access, this hotel you can access a printer if need be, it has x amount of plugs in the room for electronics to be set up and charged. But no, just more bleeping wandering through shopping malls and switching from one crappy hotel to the next.
Dave’s video today did generate some good comments.

TBD
1 hour ago
Who knows? We’ll see.

bQzAzknT6tvBALBF35PVoR8g=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

You've Said It All

Don’t forget about maybe, not sure, cool to see, beautiful views and amazing.

• Haha
This is hilarious, considering we’re talking about the same guy who didn’t even think about how to make his phone usable before traveling overseas.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Dave's video today currently 207 views. Not me! OMG

I'm live streaming this comment while I watch michael release himself today. Another day where michael is bitching about WDW, but not going again. Michael's channel is like me watching michael--I just witch and moan about the content. The difference is that I don't record my bitching and put it on the Internet as interesting content -- this witch fest excluded, of course.

Michael is mad that WDW is hanging up on him, but I think WDW is acting reasonably. Michael says that there are tons of other things to do in Orlando, but he has never done too much himself. He just says there are things to do. Michael is prattling about WDW's core audience and in 3-5 years WDW will get back to treating the core audience. Michael seems really bitter about moving to Orlando and ruining his life. That was the best part of the video. I bet he really misses the good old days when tens of thousands of people were dying from the plague and he had the park to himself.

Reactions: 9
I think it’s hilarious that mommy comments on Dave’s vlogs. A few of us here do too. So there’s like 2-3 real comments on it. Wow. 😂

Reactions: 4
Michael lists himself as a self employed YouTuber. His LinkedIn description of what he does is ridiculous. Of Michael’s last 28 videos only 4 have 10k + views. Dave has hit over 1000 views 10 out his last 28 videos and that includes Ireland which literally only us trolls watch.
1651702712515.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Michael lists himself as a self employed YouTuber. His LinkedIn description of what he does is ridiculous. Of Michael’s last 28 videos only 4 have 10k + views. Dave has hit over 1000 views 10 out his last 28 videos and that includes Ireland which literally only us trolls watch.
View attachment 1243469
Lol, hey Mikey there is a guy who put out a video on YouTube on how lobster in Japan is prepared. That video alone has 125 MILLION views. Take your 1500 videos and anemic 21 million total views and go back to DC and beg for your job back.

Lol at "Youtube Online Personally". I know he doesn't put any effort in his channel content and is a wannabe "entrepreneur", but he could at least pay attention to what he is writing.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Dave's video today currently 207 views. Not me! OMG

I'm live streaming this comment while I watch michael release himself today. Another day where michael is bitching about WDW, but not going again. Michael's channel is like me watching michael--I just witch and moan about the content. The difference is that I don't record my bitching and put it on the Internet as interesting content -- this witch fest excluded, of course.

Michael is mad that WDW is hanging up on him, but I think WDW is acting reasonably. Michael says that there are tons of other things to do in Orlando, but he has never done too much himself. He just says there are things to do. Michael is prattling about WDW's core audience and in 3-5 years WDW will get back to treating the core audience. Michael seems really bitter about moving to Orlando and ruining his life. That was the best part of the video. I bet he really misses the good old days when tens of thousands of people were dying from the plague and he had the park to himself.
I don’t know why Michael thinks he is Disney’s core audience. I think their main audience is the people who travel and stay there on a holiday. Locals that pop in for a couple of hours every so often don’t give Disney as much money as the holidaymakers that stay in their hotels and purchase all of their meals either in the parks or resorts.

Michael, what’s going to happen in 3 to 5 years? Why will they treat you better then?

Michael's channel is dead. ⚰

He MUST have another job... I hope.

He tried... Good effort.

And... I hope he is not milking Jane...

I don’t know why Michael thinks he is Disney’s core audience. I think their main audience is the people who travel and stay there on a holiday. Locals that pop in for a couple of hours every so often don’t give Disney as much money as the holidaymakers that stay in their hotels and purchase all of their meals either in the parks or resorts.

Michael, what’s going to happen in 3 to 5 years? Why will they treat you better then?
Is MK that "off" that he feels he has any kind of influence, or can influence change?

Wow...

By the way... Wake up, Kelly. How much moola you going to donate to these guys?

You have nothing better to do with your money??

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
View attachment 1243469
First of all Mikey, you are not a YouTube Online Personally. You might want to check your spelling on that one.
Secondly, you have not created over 1,500 "unique" videos...you keep repeating the same cruise and park drivel. Time for new content.
Third, your work does not showcase your ability to think creatively. There is not a creative bone in your body. What you consider "creative" comes off as a childish stunt.

It's time to call it quits. You gave it a try. It didn't work like you thought it would. Time to move on.

Reactions: 6
Michael's channel is dead. ⚰

He MUST have another job... I hope.

He tried... Good effort.

And... I hope he is not milking Jane...

Is MK that "off" that he feels he has any kind of influence, or can influence change?

Wow...

By the way... Wake up, Kelly. How much moola you going to donate to these guys?

You have nothing better to do with your money??
I'd let Jane milk me

Lol, hey Mikey there is a guy who put out a video on YouTube on how lobster in Japan is prepared. That video alone has 125 MILLION views. Take your 1500 videos and anemic 21 million total views and go back to DC and beg for your job back.
Do you have that link? I wanna watch!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
So Michael released a Patreon video today and shares his Halloween costume plans. And since he is such a huge fan of Greek mythology, he si going as Moon Knight. Yes he said Greek mythology.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.