Michael & David Kay #8 Farewell to the Disney Dream

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In the latest DCL “food blog”. MKay is trying to channel AJ from Disney Food Blog. He is so lame. Keep throwing spaghetti at the wall, Michael. 🍝
Your “new and improved” format will never stick. It is never “new” and will never “improve”.

One other note, it drives me crazy when he talks about trying these foods “together” with his viewers, when all he really wants is to be served like he’s he’s King Henry the VIII, stuffing his face 24/7. Pathetic.
Exactly. It can never improve because he’s running the show and presenting that. That is one thing that can’t change.

Reactions: 1
Let’s see how long this one lasts. duck you kelly Wertz.

Y69ClBLmsc38HDHFNTEBthtb=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Classic Dave

Great work Dave. This takes my back to your Hawaii adventure where you walked all over the place and ate food in your hotel room.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Does he honestly think he’s sexy?
I have always said that Michael has self face blindness. I truly believe that when he looks in the mirror he sees Michael from 6 years ago... not the person he has turned into today.

Reactions: 4
Dave was on the 7 day cruise with Michael? They wore the same shirts? They ate smooth salmon? Was it stock footage? You can determine meal possibilities by referring to the menu? The first night michael said disney had lost its touch with lemon desserts, but the very next night michael said that lemon was something disney did really well? Various foods lacked flavor because he had covid while on board? The chocolate cake was "just cake" with an "after taste" of chocolate flavor? We stopped watching after 10 minutes, it was grueling.

Reactions: 5
I have always said that Michael has self face blindness. I truly believe that when he looks in the mirror he sees Michael from 6 years ago... not the person he has turned into today.
Yup. Here is what 4 years looks like. I don’t need to label them before and after.
1650299914926.jpeg

1650299952994.jpeg

One more just because.
1650300030673.jpeg

• Sick
Dave was on the 7 day cruise with Michael? They wore the same shirts? They ate smooth salmon? Was it stock footage? You can determine meal possibilities by referring to the menu? The first night michael said disney had lost its touch with lemon desserts, but the very next night michael said that lemon was something disney did really well? Various foods lacked flavor because he had covid while on board? The chocolate cake was "just cake" with an "after taste" of chocolate flavor? We stopped watching after 10 minutes, it was grueling.
I think he's doing this tit to drum up chatter about him and gain views from people like us who are like "what the duck is going on?"

Also because he is lazy and refuses to do any research or put hard work into anything.

Yup. Here is what 4 years looks like. I don’t need to label them before and after.
View attachment 1203399
View attachment 1203401
One more just because.
View attachment 1203404
Man his hair is screaming for hydration and treatment 🤢

Reactions: 6
I was feeling a little sorry for Dave. Getting a little soft in my old age. He won’t take the advice.

Classic Dave

Sincere advice if you want to grow your channel. Watch this YouTube You’ll notice the effort that goes into a successful channel. The creator talks about research. You need to do a lot of it. He then talks about a framework for what he wants to accomplish with the video and then most importantly a script. You don’t have to write it all out but an outline before you hit record will help you immensely. That will eliminate all of the “who knows, we’ll see, not sure and TBDs. These are distracting to viewers and will keep your views low. Don’t worry about subscribers right now, you’ve got enough. It’s the lack of views that are hurting you.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I was feeling a little sorry for Dave. Getting a little soft in my old age. He won’t take the advice.

Classic Dave

Sincere advice if you want to grow your channel. Watch this YouTube You’ll notice the effort that goes into a successful channel. The creator talks about research. You need to do a lot of it. He then talks about a framework for what he wants to accomplish with the video and then most importantly a script. You don’t have to write it all out but an outline before you hit record will help you immensely. That will eliminate all of the “who knows, we’ll see, not sure and TBDs. These are distracting to viewers and will keep your views low. Don’t worry about subscribers right now, you’ve got enough. It’s the lack of views that are hurting you.
Sadly DSNY is another whiny man baby like Michael. His argument with Mickey Views showed that

• Wow
As a straight female, this makes me question myself.
… I question myself every day having actually had relations with him… Constantly have to remind myself that 1) he wasn’t nearly as bad several years ago and was kind of normal 2) I also had such low standards/ self esteem (unlike today)

But to make it perfectly clear…I would not touch that man with a 20 ft pole today…

• Heart
Reactions: 15
View attachment 1203399
View attachment 1203401
One more just because.
View attachment 1203404
4 years!!! That is shocking! I drank myself blackout drunk and abused damn near every drug under the sun, save for crack, meth, and acid, for 17 years and I didn't look that bad when I hit rock bottom. I was right around his age, 34, when I turned it around. It's incredible how a piss poor diet can have the same effect on your appearance as hard drugs and booze. He looks HORRIBLE! That is not a happy man! I can guarantee that. He needs to get real with himself and fast! Unfortunately he's surrounded by people who are propping him up and digging his hole even deeper for him. This really is a fascinating look into toxic positivity.

… I question myself every day having actually had relations with him… Constantly have to remind myself that 1) he wasn’t nearly as bad several years ago and was kind of normal 2) I also had such low standards/ self esteem (unlike today)

But to make it perfectly clear…I would not touch that man with a 20 ft pole today…
20 feet should be a safe distance. At full staff Michael will still be 19 feet 8 inches away. 🤣

Reactions: 2
Sadly DSNY is another whiny man baby like Michael. His argument with Mickey Views showed that
Okay, spill the tea. I haven't heard anything about Brayden and Jack.
I do remember when Michael did a collab with Jack and it was AWFUL. I mean atrocious. Jack wasn't bad, but Michael was nodding and doing his fake laugh. Cringe doesn't even begin to describe it. Prior to that I was willing to overlook some of his oddities but this was so contrived. He didn't even have the timing right for his nodding and fake laugh on the split screen with Jack.

Reactions: 3
I don't think fat shaming is helpful.

However, generally the same scolds who accuse people of doing that will decry anything that isn't a full celebration of the person's size.

Fat shaming isn't helpful. Nor is normalization.
There is a far difference between fat glorification and fat normalization.

I can agree with you on fat glorification. There are things that Lizzo does that I consider to be rather over the top. When 400 lb women pose naked on the cover of magazines with the phrase "I am Woman" on top....I consider that to be too far.

But...to say that treating people like human beings....treating people with a certain amount of decency because they are a human being...is unhelpful....well to me, it's just sad.

God forbid a teenager be able to go prom dress shopping with her friends, instead of having to go to a speciality shop or have a custom dress made for her, right?

God forbid that when I go shopping, I am able to find the same cute clothes in my size than are in the regular sized section, right? It's terrible that the only clothes available to me aren't huge floral muumuus.

I think there is a very wide gap between fat glorification and fat normalization. And, what's sad is I see a lot of people say that basically.....if you aren't body shaming a fat person, then you are supporting their unhealthy lifestyle. Like it has to be one or the other.

I see that you used to be heavy and have lost weight. Congrats. I have also lost weight. I have ways to go. Maybe I'll get there, maybe I won't. I will say this. I know people who have lost significant amounts of weight (due to surgery, but that's neither here nor there). They are the meanest, most wicked people toward overweight people. They say the most awful things, and are so critical. Forget "But for the grace of God, there go I." They have no empathy. At all.

With my weight loss, one thing I have tried to do is not forget where I came from. Not forget the mental battles that all people face...especially overweight people. I try not to judge. I have my failings, for sure. But, I do try to put myself in their shoes. I will tell you this. I am 100% better off, mentally, now that I have been able to date people and not feel like my weight is a hindrance....to date and feel "normal." Even if my success rate is only 10%. It's much better than...not getting dates because every single guy tells me point blank that I'm not "his type." If I had no hope at all, I probably wouldn't even go to the gym. I would be in a pit of depression. Feeling normal gives me that hope.

So I would argue that normalization is absolutely a good thing, for the mental health of lots of overweight people like myself.

What does "Waves of Disney" even mean? Am I missing an obvious pun?

And that to me is the danger of the whole "fat acceptance" thing.

I used to be very, very heavy. I wasn't Pooh-shaped, I was obese. Being told I was disgusting didn't help me. But someone saying that I was beautiful no matter what I looked like and I should love my body was, in a way, even more insidious and destructive. Because not being able to do that made me hate myself more. At least the people who were insulting me weren't encouraging me down an unhealthy road.

So, no, I don't think we should be telling the Kaykateers how beautiful they are.
Except, someone can be beautiful and still be a bigger person. It's not mutually exclusive. And, I am not taking into account inner beauty, either. I am not even saying someone can be a beautiful person because of their spirit. But, just physically.....there are beautiful people with extra weight on them. And there are skinny people who are terribly ugly. And vice versa.

I don't think telling someone they are beautiful is "encouraging" them "down an unhealthy road." Essentially what you are saying is overweight people can NEVER be beautiful. That beauty and weight are intrinsically intertwined. That overweight equals ugly.

Here's the issue though. I have lost some really great guys before because of my insecurity issues. They would tell me how pretty I was, how attracted to me they were, and I never, never believed them. Because it had been drilled into my brain by society that most people, especially men, saw overweight as ugly. You are now confirming that bias. In any case, because of that philosophy that society had drilled into my brain, I have lost men...because I never believed them.

So maybe "You shouldn't tell a fat person how beautiful they are, because that's destructive" shouldn't be the narrative here.

20 feet should be a safe distance. At full staff Michael will still be 19 feet 8 inches away. 🤣
Oh geez. I actually prefer "smaller" guys....but I'd rather not think of Michael at any staff. Rofl.

Just an FYI about me and weight: When my nearly 30 year old daughter looks at pictures of me from the 1990s/early 2000s she refers to me as "Whale Daddy." I maxed out at 250 lbs at 5'11" but by 2014ish I was down to 180-190 lbs and I have been floating between those weights since. I've had many large friends over the course of my life and I was a large guy for a long period of time. My experience is that weight by itself is not something that should cause ill will toward another person. People can be wonderful thin or heavy, people can be douche bags thin or heavy. Weight isn't a determining factor regarding someone's character.

Reactions: 8
You are now confirming that bias
You don't want me to judge your character, maybe don't judge mine. Don't assume that I'm saying anything other than being overweight is unhealthy, and that we shouldn't be pushing acceptance and pretending there aren't major health consequences. People are free to be whatever size they want--I actually like Lizzo and do admire her self-confidence in wearing whatever the hell she wants, although I don't particularly like the media in general celebrating her size, as if it's some kind of balance on celebrating anorexia for so many years. I'll say it again: there is no moral failing in being overweight.

And for the record? While you're upbraiding me for making assumptions, maybe don't assume I had bariatric surgery.

You don't want me to judge your character, maybe don't judge mine. Don't assume that I'm saying anything other than being overweight is unhealthy, and that we shouldn't be pushing acceptance and pretending there aren't major health consequences. People are free to be whatever size they want--I actually like Lizzo and do admire her self-confidence in wearing whatever the hell she wants, although I don't particularly like the media in general celebrating her size, as if it's some kind of balance on celebrating anorexia for so many years. I'll say it again: there is no moral failing in being overweight.

And for the record? While you're upbraiding me for making assumptions, maybe don't assume I had bariatric surgery.
Hey Starri, I'm just happy to be on the same forum with you! And since you said that you're bi, that means there's still a chance!!!
1650318657544.png

Oh shucks, you're married though. Sigh. Well, a girl can dream. :love:

And while the subject is weight, I'd love to blame my extra pounds on quarantine, COVID, becoming a widow with 2 kids, but the fact is - I ate too much. Ta Da! I freakin' ate too much. And now I'm fixing that.

• Heart

I didn't assume that about you at all. I was referring to the people I know. The people who have seemed to gotten more mean-spirited as they have lost weight.

You literally said people shouldn't tell the Kaykateers that they are beautiful. (based on their size) How is that not equating overweight=ugly?

And, again....we shouldn't push acceptance? Like I said, there is a difference between glorifying and acceptance/normalization. If you don't want acceptance, what is your alternative? What's the alternative between accepting someone at whatever their size is and body-shaming?

Just an FYI about me and weight: When my nearly 30 year old daughter looks at pictures of me from the 1990s/early 2000s she refers to me as "Whale Daddy." I maxed out at 250 lbs at 5'11" but by 2014ish I was down to 180-190 lbs and I have been floating between those weights since. I've had many large friends over the course of my life and I was a large guy for a long period of time. My experience is that weight by itself is not something that should cause ill will toward another person. People can be wonderful thin or heavy, people can be douche bags thin or heavy. Weight isn't a determining factor regarding someone's character.
Congrats on your weight loss! I agree...with both you and Starri....weight shouldn't determine someone's character. And isn't a moral failing, like Starri said.

But sadly, many in our society treat overweight people like it IS a moral failing, like they are bad people. I have experienced it first hand. I have been called lazy (not true.) I have heard people refer to someone as a glutton and selfish for going to the buffet, and getting the exact same amount of food as a thin person. But, who gets the judgement? I could go on and on but I won't. The point is many people DO equate overweight with "bad" or"less than."

Last edited:
He just posted on Patreon that his allergy meds are finally working! Praise be!!!!! He said that he is almost 100%, and needs a haircut. :rolleyes:

Here's the hot take: he's booked on more cruises!!! Yippee! And he is taking that long awaited cruise to Alaska THIS YEAR. And of course, we are all going along on the adventure! [I never thought I would get to Alaska, but thanks to Michael Kay, I'll be there soon!!!]

• Haha
  • Wow
I finished watching michael's video from today. what a slog. IMO michael rambling about numerous menu items and noting "I liked it" "I didn't like it" "you might like it" was mind numbing. there were a couple good rages, but I didn't make any notes, and the content was completely forgettable.

After michael's video ended I sparked up David's fremont street video. within 10 seconds or so he mentioned peeing on a wall and then did his "I'm nude in the bathroom" schtick. the screams from my wife and daughter were blood curdling, I feared for my life, so I turned off dave's video. no views from us for dave's videos for several weeks now.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.