Michael & David Kay #8 Farewell to the Disney Dream

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congrats on your weight loss! I agree...with both you and Starri....weight shouldn't determine someone's character. And isn't a moral failing, like Starri said.

But sadly, many in our society treat overweight people like it IS a moral failing, like they are bad people. I have experienced it first hand. I have been called lazy (not true.) I have heard people refer to someone as a glutton and selfish for going to the buffet, and getting the exact same amount of food as a thin person. But, who gets the judgement? I could go on and on but I won't. The point is many people DO equate overweight with "bad" or"less than."
Being overweight is usually either a moral failing or a mental illness. If you some of these people did as many real gymnastics as mental ones maybe they could go horseback riding or parasailing or fit in a canoe

I personally loved how the name of the video was "Best Items on the Menu," but really he talked about everything on the menu he tried, and some that he didn't. And most of the items he mentioned were "Just okay" or not the best version that he's had before. Here's a hint, Mikey "Best" is a very exclusive word. A very selective word. It's like saying "The best rides at Epcot" and then talking about all the rides at Epcot. Which you've probably done, now that I think about it.

I also enjoyed how he talked about his server was going out of his way for them. Don't get me wrong, those servers deserve all the accolades they get. And they do provide great service. But, the way Michael was talking, he was acting like he was some sort of VIP, and the server was spoiling him because of it. When really, we all know he ordered all those extra things. Or...at the very least/most....Michael asked for a recommendation between two items, and the server offered to bring both. And suddenly, Michael has turned it into being treated with the VIP treatment.

Reactions: 7
… I question myself every day having actually had relations with him… Constantly have to remind myself that 1) he wasn’t nearly as bad several years ago and was kind of normal 2) I also had such low standards/ self esteem (unlike today)

But to make it perfectly clear…I would not touch that man with a 20 ft pole today…
He was somewhat normal years ago so you get a pass. Nowhere near what he is now, looks and personality wise!

Reactions: 7
… I question myself every day having actually had relations with him… Constantly have to remind myself that 1) he wasn’t nearly as bad several years ago and was kind of normal 2) I also had such low standards/ self esteem (unlike today)

But to make it perfectly clear…I would not touch that man with a 20 ft pole today…
Baloney... Don't question. EVER.

Obviously the peeps on this thread don't know him personally... But... from what I have seen in the last year, you likely dodged a bullet. 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Screenshot_20220418-192248.png
Hey! If this thread is becomimg dull... Let's not turn on each other.

Here is a super, inspirational pic from MK.

(P.S. You're still a weirdo Jane).

• Haha
Sorry...haven't heard from the guy I'm dating in a week, so I'm on edge. And hate men.

So, I apologize for the mood.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So Dave’s video was filmed in February and he had all this time to make a vlog and it’s this crap? The beginning was creepy. Looked like a hostage situation was taking place. OMG the world’s largest Ken-O board. SMH. That weird stone rubbing. Boring food reviews, and that monotone voice. Sleep 😴 How can a 20 something year old dude in Vegas be so damn boring? Enjoyed Dave stalking the Mob Museum. Eating alone in his dark room again. He really likes saying Nacho Daddy. Why does he film things so high up. Then the dumb music he plays while in the shops. Such a weirdo. Both he and his narcissistic brother need help. Their mom should be ashamed of herself for not telling these 2 how it is and keep them from making idiots of themselves.

Last edited:
I personally loved how the name of the video was "Best Items on the Menu," but really he talked about everything on the menu he tried, and some that he didn't. And most of the items he mentioned were "Just okay" or not the best version that he's had before. Here's a hint, Mikey "Best" is a very exclusive word. A very selective word. It's like saying "The best rides at Epcot" and then talking about all the rides at Epcot. Which you've probably done, now that I think about it.

I also enjoyed how he talked about his server was going out of his way for them. Don't get me wrong, those servers deserve all the accolades they get. And they do provide great service. But, the way Michael was talking, he was acting like he was some sort of VIP, and the server was spoiling him because of it. When really, we all know he ordered all those extra things. Or...at the very least/most....Michael asked for a recommendation between two items, and the server offered to bring both. And suddenly, Michael has turned it into being treated with the VIP treatment.
I think we all know that MK will never get VIP treatment in his current state.

I am repeating myself when I say I am SHOCKED Disney has not shut down the vloggers... They literally make a career from Disney's product.

Reactions: 3
I think we all know that MK will never get VIP treatment in his current state.

I am repeating myself when I say I am SHOCKED Disney has not shut down the vloggers... They literally make a career from Disney's product.
Especially because it is poor advertising. It makes me much less interested in going. All it looks like is gluttony - food and shopping. I can do that by staying closer to home by going to the Gap and the Cheesecake Factory.

I am stil confused over MK complaining over fish having a fishy taste. I was not able to keep focus during the whole video so I will have to rewatch it... Pls Michael I want more park vlogs. I miss them. Studio MK does not hit the same. :(

And, again....we shouldn't push acceptance? Like I said, there is a difference between glorifying and acceptance/normalization. If you don't want acceptance, what is your alternative? What's the alternative between accepting someone at whatever their size is and body-shaming?
I'm asking this question completely honestly: Who's being helped by normalizing a person weighing 400 pounds? Because ultimately, that's the end result of the whole fat acceptance thing. I'm all for Lizzo living in the body she wants to live in--and I do admire her ability to ignore the haters--but making that "acceptable" is bad for the individual and bad for society. I'm sorry, but as an intern, having to send a patient to the Bronx Zoo to get an MRI because s/he couldn't fit in ours, or having to actually kneel on patient's stomach to do CPR because s/he was too big to either reach across the bed or straddle (both true stories), I do not think that is something that should be normalized.

And if your follow-up to that is "Well, I'm not saying normalize THAT" then, where do you draw the line?

Nobody should be told to hate his or her body. I know that better than you can possibly know. But that also doesn't mean that we should consider it "normal" or "acceptable" to put yourself at that kind of risk. Same as we did with smoking.

Sorry...haven't heard from the guy I'm dating in a week, so I'm on edge. And hate men.
I hate men a lot of the time, too.

I'm having a crappy week too, although mine is for work-related reasons. FWIW, I hope yours gets better.

• Heart
Especially because it is poor advertising. It makes me much less interested in going. All it looks like is gluttony - food and shopping. I can do that by staying closer to home by going to the Gap and the Cheesecake Factory.
Amen, my friend.

Disney is so careful when it comes to copyright protection with music and images; yet they let these vloggers walk the parks on a daily basis, recording and monetizing it.

Vloggers steal the "magical" experience from the lovely, paying guest families by stepping in front of them during parades, speaking/screaming into cameras/phones in attractions, and expressing COMPLETE entitlement to day guests. It's horrendous.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I'm asking this question completely honestly: Who's being helped by normalizing a person weighing 400 pounds? Because ultimately, that's the end result of the whole fat acceptance thing. I'm all for Lizzo living in the body she wants to live in--and I do admire her ability to ignore the haters--but making that "acceptable" is bad for the individual and bad for society. I'm sorry, but as an intern, having to send a patient to the Bronx Zoo to get an MRI because s/he couldn't fit in ours, or having to actually kneel on patient's stomach to do CPR because s/he was too big to either reach across the bed or straddle (both true stories), I do not think that is something that should be normalized.

And if your follow-up to that is "Well, I'm not saying normalize THAT" then, where do you draw the line?

Nobody should be told to hate his or her body. I know that better than you can possibly know. But that also doesn't mean that we should consider it "normal" or "acceptable" to put yourself at that kind of risk. Same as we did with smoking.

I hate men a lot of the time, too.

I'm having a crappy week too, although mine is for work-related reasons. FWIW, I hope yours gets better.
Well, I am not talking about 400 lb people. I am talking about 200 lb people. I'm not talking about size 30 women, I'm talking about size 16 women. And, here's the thing....and I know you aren't a woman, so it's hard to explain the female perspective. A size 16 woman can become a size 22 woman can become a size 28 woman pretty easy.

And here's how: she doesn't go to the gym because people there laugh at her. Or, she thinks they will laugh at her. She turns to food for comfort. Men won't date her because of her weight, which she turns to food even more for comfort....and the cycle just goes over and over and over. So this person who was big but not obscenely large has been shamed and embarrassed into a larger size. When just embracing her at a size 16 would have been much better for her.

I know you said where do you draw the line...and I can't answer that. But the perfect is the the enemy of the good. To say that we must shame ALL overweight people because it's hard to draw a line at a weight....so let's just shame them all....I can't get on board with that.

And, I come back to the genuine question of....what is your alternative to normalization? My physical therapist office has a couple of "larger" chairs for people in their waiting room....should they stop manufacturing them? Should they take it out of their waiting room? Make the big people stand? Stop designing fashionable clothes for plus-size people....just let them wear the ugly shapeless clothes that they deserve to wear? Maybe they should have a weight limit on Bumble......bigger people can use BBW Love finder instead. It seems like your suggestion is to make life difficult for overweight people so they feel compelled to lose weight.....or outright body shaming so they lose weight.

There is already a stigma to being overweight. A built-in awareness of the judgement that you will receive. In many cases, there is a hatred for overweight people. Is it not enough that there is a societal stigma to being overweight? You want them to not be treated like a normal human being either? Again, if you have an alternative in mind...something that isn't normalization, but isn't outright meanness, I would be willing to listen. I'm happy to concede a middle ground if there is one.

• Heart
I am stil confused over MK complaining over fish having a fishy taste. I was not able to keep focus during the whole video so I will have to rewatch it... Pls Michael I want more park vlogs. I miss them. Studio MK does not hit the same. :(
He’s not going to go to the parks much. Hates crowds, having to pay for LL/food, etc and still bitter over losing his media pass. Personally I think he doesn’t know what to do with his channel. Views rarely get even to 10k, no money coming in other then patreon(and maybe mommy?) and his cruise videos are train wrecks. Maybe you’ll see him at the park at the next Star Wars meet up so he wave his glow stick

By the way... Can anyone provide a quick update?

I need to update the fan-club site. Is MK an expert of Disney, cruising, excursions, park food, or soil today? 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Amen, my friend.

Disney is so careful when it comes to copyright protection with music and images; yet they let these vloggers walk the parks on a daily basis, recording and monetizing it.

Vloggers steal the "magical" experience from the lovely, paying guest families by stepping in front of them during parades, speaking/screaming into cameras/phones in attractions, and expressing COMPLETE entitlement to day guests. It's horrendous.
I would argue that the reason Disney allows for it is....Disney is aiming for the lowest common denominator these days.

They don't care about reputation. They don't care about the magic.

They have these unofficial channels/vloggers which appeal to the masses. Appeal to the entitled one-time visitors who will eat all the things with no appreciation for anything, and buy all the things. So, Disney gets to stay above board. They get to portray this exclusive idealized version of Disney.

Meanwhile their vlogger-sphere gets to appeal to a seedy segment of the populace. It's win-win for them.

I would argue that the reason Disney allows for it is....Disney is aiming for the lowest common denominator these days.

They don't care about reputation. They don't care about the magic.

They have these unofficial channels/vloggers which appeal to the masses. Appeal to the entitled one-time visitors who will eat all the things with no appreciation for anything, and buy all the things. So, Disney gets to stay above board. They get to portray this exclusive idealized version of Disney.

Meanwhile their vlogger-sphere gets to appeal to a seedy segment of the populace. It's win-win for them.
To be honest, I was not even aware of vloggers until COVID. Do they really have that much reach and influence with the masses?

I guess I am sad if Disney thinks these hacks have any connection to their true market. 🙁

I feel like fat shaming in general and fat shaming pseudo public figures in a private, anonymous forum are two quite different scenarios. It’s not like tattlers are seeking them out and yelling at them in the street…

Wow. The last episode really took advantage of his 4k rips. Those images of the food really popped out with clarity and detail.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.