Michael & David Kay #8 Farewell to the Disney Dream

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow. The last episode really took advantage of his 4k rips. Those images of the food really popped out with clarity and detail.
Thanks to the awesome 4k we noticed that michael's lighting of many of the food items was crappy. Some of the things weren't even food colored. blech So while the clarity was awesome, he was clearly showing tit.

Reactions: 3
By the way... Can anyone provide a quick update?

I need to update the fan-club site. Is MK an expert of Disney, cruising, excursions, park food, or soil today? 🤪
He's almost over his allergies. He's booked an Alaska cruise- details to come. He's going to the AP Guardians preview- plans on dressing up- but he's not taking his plastic guns because it might be a security issue. Seriously.🤔
On a separate note of agreement, I totally didn't get the 'best' title when he complained that half the food he ate wasn't 'the best'. Why not just title it, 'What I had for dinner on my Disney cruise'. His minimal effort is going to get him nowhere, as seen by views.

Reactions: 6
As a 25 year old boomer I don't understand how to reply but to answer Claude4:

Yes! I love it! I get to know what to go out of my way for! 🇺🇸 I love that he is a beer expert now. Hope to see what other beers he recommends.
Really looking forward to when the Moana playground to open so I can see him play there.
But it Would be great with less children and more Micheal.

(I'm dyslexic, English being my second language and I haven't had my coffee yet so I apologize for the grammatical errors).

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Sorry...haven't heard from the guy I'm dating in a week, so I'm on edge. And hate men.

So, I apologize for the mood.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you haven't heard from him in a week then he's not interested and most likely keeping you as a backup plan. If he reaches out again, turn the tables and ignore him. Call him back a few days later and tell him you want to move on. You'll damage his self esteem and you'll give yourself a little victory. I've had it done to me a few times. Haha.

On a separate note of agreement, I totally didn't get the 'best' title when he complained that half the food he ate wasn't 'the best'. Why not just title it, 'What I had for dinner on my Disney cruise'. His minimal effort is going to get him nowhere, as seen by views.
Ah, you have unlocked a repressed memory I had of Micheal's shipboard menu reading. If I don't make notes while watching I forget everything he utters, unless it is truly a landmark in doofiness. Many times during the video michael exclaimed: this is delicious, I can't describe it!

One can only wonder why Michael is doing a food review when he admits, in his own words, that he can't describe the food. It's a food review and normally one might expect a lucid description of the food items? jeez no wonder I blotted that out. But thanks, I have now released it and I can move forward from here:giggle:

so with this latest video is he now trying to be AJ from DisneyFoodBlog?? Guess he's realized he can't be the next Stacey after all

• Haha
know you said where do you draw the line...and I can't answer that. But the perfect is the the enemy of the good. To say that we must shame ALL overweight people because it's hard to draw a line at a weight....so let's just shame them all....I can't get on board with that.
Please point out where I have said overweight people should be shamed. Not wanting to celebrate their beauty just for being overweight is NOT the same thing as shaming them.

The problem with "I don't know where to draw the line, so let's not draw one" is that the end result of that is that we end up treating your 200 lb woman, who is doing and admirable, scary thing and working on herself with the 400 lb person who wants the world to accommodate him or her. I'm sorry, but I reject that the former is justification for the latter. Obesity is a matter of public health that costs the country billions of dollars a year. Same with smoking. Same with car accidents. We have regulations to make smoking difficult, we legally require people to wear seatbelts and to not drive drunk. The idea that we can't encourage people--as gently as possible--toward being a healthy weight is frankly bullshit.

I am in no way, shape, or form saying that your example should be made to feel uncomfortable in the gym. *I* feel uncomfortable at the gym, and I'm in the best shape I ever have been in. But I am saying it's unreasonable for her to present a card asking not to be weighed at the doctors office (have seen them) or to say that any mention of weight by a doctor is somehow hurtful or some kind of personal attack (ibid). There's the old saw about an ounce of prevention being better than a pound of cure, and encouraging people to maintain a healthy weight HAS to be the priority over designing things to accommodate morbidly obese people. This morning on a physician group I belong to on Facebook I saw someone asking for recommendations to refer a patient who's 600 lbs to a different gynecologist because she is too large for the tables at her existing one. I'm sorry, she should absolutely not be denied care, but the costs for that woman's choices are being pushed onto the doctor's office. I think that's wrong.

As much as any man is capable of understanding, I do know how vicious clothes sizing can be. Trust me, I'm a former 3XL guy who's (legitimately) wearing Mikey's Medium Shirts these days, and it took me a long, long time to get rid of my bigger clothes. I drive my husband nuts because I need daily reassurance that I don't look fat, even though, despite my extra skin, I can sort of see my abs now. I'm more comfortable in my own body, but I still don't like it.

• Heart
Uh oh. The new ice cream store opens up tomorrow according to All Ears. I wonder if Mike will be there squealing in joy but saying he wouldn’t go out of his way for it.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
For awhile I thought Molly was above the vlogger fray. But it seems that she has put on some lbs thanks to the Disney diet of fat, sugar and salt. It's not sustainable.

To her credit, she and All Ears actually do research and act like reporters. Dave Kay's trip to Las Vegas is just him walking around reading signs and describing whatever is in front of him. Because there's so much stimulation in Vegas, it's funny, but it's boring in regular towns when he's describing a strip mall. With the over saturation of vloggers, it's just not a good strategy for growing a channel.

He just posted on Patreon that his allergy meds are finally working! Praise be!!!!! He said that he is almost 100%, and needs a haircut. :rolleyes:

Here's the hot take: he's booked on more cruises!!! Yippee! And he is taking that long awaited cruise to Alaska THIS YEAR. And of course, we are all going along on the adventure! [I never thought I would get to Alaska, but thanks to Michael Kay, I'll be there soon!!!]
If AsshatBerg doesn't make the most out of excursions in Alaska and the amazing beauty, tranquility, and general awesonmeness that AK has to offer, I will travel to Windermere, punch him in the face and gooch (poll here to decide how many times), and then turn myself into the authorities and do jail time.

• Haha
For awhile I thought Molly was above the vlogger fray. But it seems that she has put on some lbs thanks to the Disney diet of fat, sugar and salt. It's not sustainable.
As long as she doesn't go "It's muh thyroid condition. I'm healthy at this size guyz, I totally walked around the world showcase 3 times...."

Reactions: 2
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you haven't heard from him in a week then he's not interested and most likely keeping you as a backup plan. If he reaches out again, turn the tables and ignore him. Call him back a few days later and tell him you want to move on. You'll damage his self esteem and you'll give yourself a little victory. I've had it done to me a few times. Haha.
Trust me, I'm aware.

• Sad
Trust me, I'm aware.
I know it doesn’t make it any easier in this moment, but trust that it’s a blessing in disguise! The right person won’t make you question their interest, and you’ll have a greater appreciation for that because of crappy experiences like this. Keep your chin up and focus your own happiness and being the best you, because that’s what will attract the person who is worth your time and energy! ❤

• Heart
If AsshatBerg doesn't make the most out of excursions in Alaska and the amazing beauty, tranquility, and general awesonmeness that AK has to offer, I will travel to Windermere, punch him in the face and gooch (poll here to decide how many times), and then turn myself into the authorities and do jail time.
I swear to god, if he ends up squealing his way through Tongass or Totem Bight or the White Pass or ESPECIALLY if when they're at the glacier in Endicott Arm, either the Tlingit should curse him or he should be pushed overboard.

I'd tell him to do the Red Light District tour in Skagway, which is frankly amazing, but you know...sex.

I don't watch many Kay Bros videos. The YouTube algorithm just started pushing them on me. I didn't realize that some Michael Kay videos had hundreds of thousands of views. Now he's lucky if he breaks ten thousand. I thought he only fell like 20 or 30 thousand views. People here are right. His channel is dying or already dead. I hope he can get his old government job back.

Reactions: 5

To her credit, she and All Ears actually do research and act like reporters. Dave Kay's trip to Las Vegas is just him walking around reading signs and describing whatever is in front of him. Because there's so much stimulation in Vegas, it's funny, but it's boring in regular towns when he's describing a strip mall. With the over saturation of vloggers, it's just not a good strategy for growing a channel.
I wish we could know when he's in Vegas. I'd throw a few bucks in the pot to send a hooker up to his room. Haha. Now that is a video I would watch!

I know it doesn’t make it any easier in this moment, but trust that it’s a blessing in disguise! The right person won’t make you question their interest, and you’ll have a greater appreciation for that because of crappy experiences like this. Keep your chin up and focus your own happiness and being the best you, because that’s what will attract the person who is worth your time and energy! ❤
That guy could end up being the next MK! Haha.

LOL. Watching the comments from this morning's word-salad video...
View attachment 1207861

View attachment 1207867
Michael is delusional. He’s pontificating again about all that irritates him. The first three examples he gave were situations where Disney in essence sold out the maximum tickets = maximized their profit and irritated Michael. He says lighting lane is not sustainable (aka he doesn’t like it). I’m not a fan either but in Disney’s most recent quarterly report it said that 30% of vacationing families used genie+ at least once on their trip which means it isn’t going away. I rope dropped MK yesterday and we left by noon because if was a bleeping mad house. Disney is printing money right now.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.