Michael & David Kay #8 Farewell to the Disney Dream

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Magical Meg (or her Mom) is friends with one of Michael's patrons that attended the meetup. I don't remember ever seeing Meg at any of the other Patreon livestreams, FB group or Patreon comments. My feeling is that she just went along with her friend and since he is a big time Disney vlogger (insert eye roll), she may have been a little star struck. She's young and has an idealized view of being a YouTuber. She did score the seat with Michael on his Exclusive Patreon PeopleMover experience.
I think we should crown the next Stacey as super sleuth of the board. Thanks for all the intel.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Does MK coordinate Patreon meet-ups in the park (e.g. PeopleMover experience)?

David Erickson from Fresh Baked was talking about this subject recently and said Disney does not allow that sort of thing. If they see a vlogger attracting too much attention/group in the park they are right on it and asking it to break up. Disney is the star of their show, not a vlogger.

This was in Disneyland, but I would think the rules are the same in WDW.

Maybe another reason MK is off the media list... 🙄

Reactions: 2
I don’t really like to comment on peoples weights or looks (for the record, I am not Pooh sized and never have been) but just one look at that cruise photo and it reminds me of my 600 pound life. Watch one episode of it, and you realize how sad, lonely and miserable those people are. I really feel like no one would choose to be that heavy but maybe that’s just me. I’m about to have my third child any day now, have only gained 20 pounds and still struggle to breath at times from the extra 20 pounds. I can’t imagine that being my everyday life and being happy with it.

I’m more angry and annoyed that those are the type of women Michael is preying on. He knows 100% what he is doing. Make them feel worthy (ie, moderator, meet ups, “exclusive content”) and they will give him money because they don’t have much else going on in their lives. It’s sad and Michael is disgusting for using them to pay, or attempt to pay, his lifestyle.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

David Erickson from Fresh Baked was talking about this subject recently and said Disney does not allow that sort of thing. If they see a vlogger attracting too much attention/group in the park they are right on it and asking it to break up. Disney is the star of their show, not a vlogger.

You're absolutely correct. Tim Tracker has talked about this previously and explained why he didn't stop for photos, etc.. I personally just think he's an arrogant ass based on my personal interaction, but hey I have heard otherwise. 🤨

He arranged the PeopleMover ride along with his patrons that were in the park that day, so it came across as more of a group thing, as opposed to a celebrity sighting :)rolleyes::rolleyes:).

I think we should crown the next Stacey as super sleuth of the board. Thanks for all the intel.
Not a super sleuth, just a girl with a fast Internet connection and Google (and I'm listening to a very boring QBR presentation on Teams).

By the way, what happened to @2020planner ? Haven't seen them in this forum in quite some time.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Here's the gang the went on the PeopleMover ridealong. This was on October 1, 2021. Interesting choice of background music.

Reactions: 4
One more from her Instagram. Looks like Dave at the beginning in the background and Michael makes a cameo plus many other kaykaterrs scattered throughout.

I can’t believe this Michael troll has stayed up this long. A new record for me. I guess Kelly was busy at the doughnut shop that day.
travelwiththetwins_kari
1 month ago (edited)
Still waiting for you to return the autograph book we sent you. Please let us know what you have done with it. Did you send it on to someone else or did you keep it it's been about a year now and still haven't heard what happened with that.

Hide reply

JJ93j3umlwg07ZM7FaQCPLEg=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

2 finger Point
1 month ago
I sent him one too and never heard anything. I bet he threw it away
emoji_u2639.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
Cannot believe there are people so into MK they have meetups. 🤯
Michael's patreons may have other issues, but it seems that low self-esteem is one of them. It's not like they are hanging with [insert the name of a real celebrity]. They are fawning and sending money to a schmuck who is not even a minor youtube star. Not that I'm into the star thing, but that at least makes some sense. People like to be around "the thing." Michael is "the thing" but more like this:
1649961279375.png

Michael got in trouble with this before, Way before he moved he use to hand out Waves of Disney pins, Disney at one point told him he had to stop handing them out.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4

I remember Tim Tracker saying the same thing, he was warned about doing meetups

• Heart
What does "Waves of Disney" even mean? Am I missing an obvious pun?
I can’t imagine that being my everyday life and being happy with it.
And that to me is the danger of the whole "fat acceptance" thing.

I used to be very, very heavy. I wasn't Pooh-shaped, I was obese. Being told I was disgusting didn't help me. But someone saying that I was beautiful no matter what I looked like and I should love my body was, in a way, even more insidious and destructive. Because not being able to do that made me hate myself more. At least the people who were insulting me weren't encouraging me down an unhealthy road.

So, no, I don't think we should be telling the Kaykateers how beautiful they are.

• Heart
I kind of always wondered why celebrities who visited Disneyland and WDW didn't get mobbed in the park.

Yes.. they hire the VIP hosts at "one jillion dollars" an hour, but the tour guides don't push people away.

They must know, that even THEY, can't get away with attracting a crowd, sitting and signing autographs, taking pics, etc.

I think Disney draws a hard line with that kind of thing?!

Bottom line... Michael K. is a weirdo. He creeps me out. His mother (Jane) creeps me out even more. The family continues to scam.

Again... If I see the dorks in the park, I WILL have a word with them, and complain to Disney.

Last edited:
I don't think fat shaming is helpful.

However, generally the same scolds who accuse people of doing that will decry anything that isn't a full celebration of the person's size.

Fat shaming isn't helpful. Nor is normalization.
I agree with your overall sentiment. As a content creator(I use the term loosely) I feel like Vloggers that purposely flaunt themselves eating copious amounts of obviously unhealthy park food, laden with gratuitous slow motion shots of them stuffing their faces, open themselves up to a certain level of public scrutiny. As you alluded to, it could be argued these people are perpetuating, glamorizing, and normalizing a very deadly and serious epidemic.

I understand this type of satirical scrutiny has knock-on effects but the intent/target should always be clear and I do not believe in just blanket fat shaming regular people.

Reactions: 1
At around 22:20, you can hear Michael's voice in Magical Meg's vlog. She introduced some other vlogger I never heard of and even linked his channel in the description, but didn't specifically introduce Michael or reference his channel in the vlog. Was this before or after the so called "date" roskinlane was referring to where Michael kinda blew her off and didn't want to start a relationship?

I understand this type of satirical scrutiny has knock-on effects but the intent/target should always be clear and I do not believe in just blanket fat shaming regular people.
If someone who isn't a vlogger is still posting "sexy" photos on Instagram with herself splayed out and focused on her tits, I still think that's fair game.

It kinda triggers me when people have this arbitrary line of "justice" on a gossiping forum, that it's totally fine to call someone a pedalo, scammer, fraud, whatever with limited or no proof, but calling someone who is actually fat, fat, is suddenly not OK? It's not like this board is coordinating a group attack on their social media profiles calling them fat at any opportunity to their faces, it's just gossiping about people's flaws - which is sort of the point of gossiping, is it not?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.