Lydia Millen #6 I'll promote my wedding '2 years later' because I'm irrelevant & jealous!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh, how Lydia's Mindless Minions amuse me...

This is why she will always remain mediocre... šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø :LOL:šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

View attachment 51419
Yeah Lyds, my mum will tell me at 5ft2 that Iā€™m the most beautiful girl in the world and deserve to be on runways and Vogue. Donā€™t mean itā€™s true.

...Also bc we know you are pretty much my height plus a few meagre inches. šŸ™„šŸ™„šŸ™„

Lydiot Lazy Millen is the dumbest brand-begging influenza I've ever seen.

Literally, call a local upholstery shop and ask you, moron. She's not making an ounce of sense. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø :LOL: šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

View attachment 51446 View attachment 51447
She canā€™t even piece together a sentence below 40 words.

ā€œBespoke madeā€ wtf!!?

ā€œTake them to a be reupholsteredā€

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I don't really get why she isn't a darling of the high end brands either.
She isn't professional and she doesn't produce timely results. She doesn't have management. She isn't part of a network. She is a total pain in the ass to book as an individual contributor PLUS she is an actual pain in the ass as a human being.

Why would the high end brands book that? They can book many people who are actually professional business people through the networks like Gleam. Hell yes they see what we see. That's why people with half the audience of Lydia get more deals than her. She is a mess.

But Lydia gets double the views of a Tamara (who I discovered through you ladies), Lydia has a big following..... I don't really get it.
Tamara is more of an Instagram contributor. Tamara openly doesn't prioritize her youtube content. Her instagram is her main focus.

where sheā€™ll go into her next career...most likely selling coaching packages to would-be influenzas.
You are adorable! You think Lydia has a plan? Also you think she could coach someone? She couldn't coach someone to get wet in a shower.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I know Iā€™m late to this thread but I actually cannot believe the amount of money she seems to spend on things for the house. Unnecessary things.

Iā€™m all for having a beautiful home but she is spending money like itā€™s water šŸ˜±
Don't worry. The vast majority of the stuff she shows was gifted to her. I noticed she often says, " I bought", but what she means is she purchased with a voucher given to her by a particular company to unbox and talk about on her channel. She states "I bought" multiple times in her new vlog starting around minute mark 19:38 However, according to her downbar, her recent Neptune "purchase" consisted of all gifted products.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Yep. Struggling influenzas can buy views too.

It's all really simple for those who want to lift their numbers and views aren't as easy to track.

Consider this:

It explains why Lydiot has 800k IG followers and a mere ~40 people showed up to her Intimissimi event in her local market (i.e., London).

That's less than 0.01% of her IG audience alone. Her audience clearly doesn't convert into sales. Even locally. It's not like anyone asked people to travel to Tazmania.

A prime example of why no one renews deals with her.

If I were a brand manager, I'd call that an Intimissimi FAIL.
An incident happened to me recently. I started a new blogging page on Instagram (nothing to do with fashion, luxury, beauty etc.). There was this one page that commented on one of my posts saying that they liked my content and they would like to feature it on their page and to dm them for more information. I was happy that someone liked my content enough to feature it, so I DM'd them. They then sent me a list saying that if I payed 'n' amount of money then I would get 'n' number of followers by being featured on their page. I got so scared that I immediately backed out and did not respond to their message.

Is this how people buy followers? I want to know because I never want to respond to people like that as I'm trying to grow my page organically. I would rather no followers rather than bought ones.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Was some talk about someone (apologies forgot who stated this exact thing) though this is regarding inheritance tax is the same I believe as being given a gift without it being counted as inheritance but don't quote me on that, though it's not about one item and the rest I don't think it's everything gained as a gift over the tax year is this "The general rule is that you can gift up to Ā£3,000 tax-free each tax year. HMRC calls this the annual exemption. Any gifts that fall within the annual exemption don't attract inheritance tax. " So if say serveral gifts amount annually up to below Ā£3,000 then no, but then if everything collectively is to the value of above Ā£3,000 rather though it's not the gifting that's taxed it's the interest that would bring thats whats taxed.

https://www.mileiq.com/en-gb/blog/gift-money-pay-tax/

Of cours anything purchased wont as they'll likely be paying tax on it of course since VAT, unless its for a business and they'll charge VAT on any sales when you can purchase things VAT exempt (paper and such.... even computers if it's declared for what you do for work then yes, don't even need a VAT number for that to work out).

My mum did a bit of research for education as her PC was failing had to buy another, she claimed on that, though giving her a tax credit suppose could call it over a number of months.

Reactions: 4
An incident happened to me recently. I started a new blogging page on Instagram (nothing to do with fashion, luxury, beauty etc.). There was this one page that commented on one of my posts saying that they liked my content and they would like to feature it on their page and to dm them for more information. I was happy that someone liked my content enough to feature it, so I DM'd them. They then sent me a list saying that if I payed 'n' amount of money then I would get 'n' number of followers by being featured on their page. I got so scared that I immediately backed out and did not respond to their message.

Is this how people buy followers? I want to know because I never want to respond to people like that as I'm trying to grow my page organically. I would rather no followers rather than bought ones.
That's one way, yes.

Sounds like they were selling fake followers, as you can't guarantee someone will follow you once you are "featured" on a third-party page. Fake followers are never a good idea because they're essentially dead weight. If you're doing social media for business purposes, it's waste that will tank your metrics and if you do at some point "Boost" content, you'll pay for that waste twice over.

Another is to join an IG group that likes/comments on your posts as soon as you launch them to increase engagement and views. This will boost your page and trick the algorithm into having more people view your post. Otherwise, it's unlikely to be seen by a majority of your followers.

Instagram's organic reach is so dismal these days, there are numerous ways people are attempting to game the system. Some work and others don't. Some are unethical (i.e., violates IG's Terms and Conditions and/or Community Guidelines), while others are acceptable.

Don't worry. The vast majority of the stuff she shows was gifted to her. I noticed she often says, " I bought", but what she means is she purchased with a voucher given to her by a particular company to unbox and talk about on her channel. She states "I bought" multiple times in her new vlog starting around minute mark 19:38 However, according to her downbar, her recent Neptune "purchase" consisted of all gifted products.
Ha! So that Fire Guard is, in fact, a PR product.

And as I suspected, she didn't pay a dime for any of the Neptune products she went "shopping" for. That woman is so incredibly full of tit it's mind-numbing.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
That's one way, yes.

Sounds like they were selling fake followers, as you can't guarantee someone will follow you once you are "featured" on a third-party page. Fake followers are never a good idea because they're essentially dead weight. If you're doing social media for business purposes, it's waste that will tank your metrics and if you do at some point "Boost" content, you'll pay for that waste twice over.

Another is to join an IG group that likes/comments on your posts as soon as you launch them to increase engagement and views. This will boost your page and trick the algorithm into having more people view your post. Otherwise, it's unlikely to be seen by a majority of your followers.

Instagram's organic reach is so dismal these days, there are numerous ways people are attempting to game the system. Some work and others don't. Some are unethical (i.e., violates IG's Terms and Conditions and/or Community Guidelines), while others are acceptable.

Ha! So that Fire Guard is, in fact, a PR product.

And as I suspected, she didn't pay a dime for any of the Neptune products she went "shopping" for. That woman is so incredibly full of tit it's mind-numbing.
Thank you so much! @Gemma_NYC šŸ˜ƒ. I knew I could count on you guys to clear my doubts. I'm not doing it for business purposes, it's just a hobby. But when I saw that list my mind immediately thought whether this was how Lydia or other influencers bought followers. Because I never understood how people actually buy followers. So this experience was a shock to me, I don't know if that makes me sound like a naive idiot šŸ˜….

Reactions: 7
Speaking of Lidl Ad/Gifted Lies...

There are 2 ASA cases that Lydia "Informally Resolved" and I'm betting we'll see another ruling listed sooner than later, given the ASA confirmed to another user (on the other site) that they have an open investigation pending for her lack of transparency.

She's definitely been contacted by the ASA again. Which is also probably why she's silent as of late and posted that "Ad" note in her IG Home stories. Notice how she didn't post it to her main account ā€“ā€“ the one that the ASA is investigating (again).

In that post, she tried to allude to the idea that her followers were the dimwits that didn't know what "Ad" meant and that because people reported her for saying "Affiliate" she had to disappoint her minions. It's a cover your ass passive-aggressive way of letting people know the ASA has released the Kraken on her ass, yet again. :LOL:

It's really bleeping simple: if you did not pay for it and were incentivized to post it ā€“ the ASA wants you to call it an #Ad and the CMA wants you to call it Sponsored Content. Two simple choices and a diagram for dummies that her dim mind can't seem to navigate.

The CMA deals with freebies and isn't as transparent to the public unless you follow-up on a case #. But the reality is she's been shilling tit for 10 years and the consistent "I forgot" doesn't work on people that have a functioning brain. And it certainly doesn't work on regulators.

She thinks she's slick. She is not.

Link: https://www.asa.org.uk/codes-and-rulings/rulings.html?q=lydia+elise+millen#informally-resolved

FireShot Capture 1006 - Rulings - ASA - CAP_ - https___www.asa.org.uk_codes-and-rulings_ruling...png

Thank you so much! @Gemma_NYC šŸ˜ƒ. I knew I could count on you guys to clear my doubts. I'm not doing it for business purposes, it's just a hobby. But when I saw that list my mind immediately thought whether this was how Lydia or other influencers bought followers. Because I never understood how people actually buy followers. So this experience was a shock to me, I don't know if that makes me sound like a naive idiot šŸ˜….
No, you don't sound naive at all. The only reason many of us have subject-matter expertise is given our careers and experiences with such. Social media is the Wild West these days, and if I didn't use it to grow my businesses, I wouldn't care less.

There are legit social media agencies that will grow your following with "white hat" techniques and actual interns clicking away, but even they don't always make guarantees. You can also build a following with good old-fashioned hard/smart work and proven techniques over time.

Most of the folks with huge followings used the mass follow/unfollow approach to build their audiences (i.e., Negin M. has been accused of this, although I am not personally sure of it). :LOL: šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø These days it's harder to do because the 2019 IG algorithm has cracked down on it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

There are 2 ASA cases that Lydia "Informally Resolved" and I'm betting we'll see another ruling listed sooner than later, given the ASA confirmed to another user (on the other site) that they have an open investigation pending for her lack of transparency.

She's definitely been contacted by the ASA again. Which is also probably why she's silent as of late and posted that "Ad" note in her IG Home stories. Notice how she didn't post it to her main account ā€“ā€“ the one that the ASA is investigating (again).

In that post, she tried to allude to the idea that her followers were the dimwits that didn't know what "Ad" meant and that because people reported her for saying "Affiliate" she had to disappoint her minions. It's a cover your ass passive-aggressive way of letting people know the ASA has released the Kraken on her ass, yet again. :LOL:

It's really bleeping simple: if you did not pay for it and were incentivized to post it ā€“ the ASA wants you to call it an #Ad and the CMA wants you to call it Sponsored Content. Two simple choices and a diagram for dummies that her dim mind can't seem to navigate.

The CMA deals with freebies and isn't as transparent to the public unless you follow-up on a case #. But the reality is she's been shilling tit for 10 years and the consistent "I forgot" doesn't work on people that have a functioning brain. And it certainly doesn't work on regulators.

Link: https://www.asa.org.uk/codes-and-rulings/rulings.html?q=lydia+elise+millen#informally-resolved

View attachment 51565

No, you don't sound naive at all. The only reason many of us have subject-matter expertise is given our careers and experiences with such. Social media is the Wild West these days, and if I didn't use it to grow my businesses, I wouldn't care less.

There are legit social media agencies that will grow your following with "white hat" techniques and actual interns clicking away, but even they don't always make guarantees. You can also build a following with good old-fashioned hard/smart work and proven techniques over time.

Most of the folks with huge followings used the mass follow/unfollow approach to build their audiences (i.e., Negin M. has been accused of this, although I am not personally sure of it). :LOL: šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø These days it's harder to do because the 2019 IG algorithm has cracked down on it.
Thanks for helping out and Sorry for going Off Topic šŸ™ˆ

Reactions: 6
Naive maybe (though I don't know if that counts as that) but certainly not an idiot (there's nothing wrong with being naive I don't think anyway!)

View attachment 51565

Wonder why when looking myself couldn't find anything thats odd lol, though mind you didn't really search that hard so is probably why.... oh well

Haha just got this in my video suggestions hilarious one is this haha all I can think of is Lydiot, be utterly hilarious if that was her say in 30 or so years time pmsl heck thats a thought I'll be coming close to 70 by then :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Pain in the ass is a good description.

LOL when she's banging on about the company who made the I think was a sofa with a Royal Warrant about wanting the neighbours over the road think it was to see it so asking about their delivery vans if the warrant seals on both sides of the vans haha!! (Generally speaking the warrants have written on them "By appointment to...."

• Haha
There are also companies that will simply buy followers for you. These follower accounts are noted by their lack of activity. Someone who works with a friend started an Insta for their dog. We heard they bought followers as they went quickly (within 8 months) to 40k followers. For this particular dog breed (Samoyed) there are several really great accounts whose owners put a lot of work into content, travelling Europe and shooting the dog in famous places, and generally being super creative. And it's taken years to grow organically to 49k. With Instagram removing the visibility of number of Likes, which is rolling out worldwide in stages, marketers will hopefully become more savvy and look at more real indicators of engagement - and hopefully pay more attention to the likelihood of bought followers.

You are adorable! You think Lydia has a plan? Also you think she could coach someone? She couldn't coach someone to get wet in a shower.[/QUOTE]

Ha! No, she wonā€™t be planning thisā€”she used to give talks in schools about it but put a moratorium on in a few years back. Her ā€œplanā€ is to become an interior designer, but we know how that will go...

Reactions: 9
There are also companies that will simply buy followers for you. These follower accounts are noted by their lack of activity. Someone who works with a friend started an Insta for their dog. We heard they bought followers as they went quickly (within 8 months) to 40k followers. For this particular dog breed (Samoyed) there are several really great accounts whose owners put a lot of work into content, travelling Europe and shooting the dog in famous places, and generally being super creative. And it's taken years to grow organically to 49k. With Instagram removing the visibility of number of Likes, which is rolling out worldwide in stages, marketers will hopefully become more savvy and look at more real indicators of engagement - and hopefully pay more attention to the likelihood of bought followers.
You can buy followers by yourself too. You just have to google buy Instagram followers and thatā€™s it. The cheaper ones are bots and fakes (you can search on YouTube Chinese likes farms). You can also pay real people to engage on your account, but these are more pricey, again there are websites that do that. If you donā€™t have cash to spend, you yourself can like otherā€™s posts, receive ā€œcoinsā€ and spend them on likes, followers, views.. on any platform.
I know all these because I work in marketing and I have a lot of clients asking me to buy them fake followers and likes. If you want me to tell you guys Why these are no good, I can tell you what I tell them also: you get shadow banned, you lie to the consumer, it is unethical, you cant do it forever.. so many reasons.

Reactions: 13
Oh
I definitely want to have no part in this buying followers business. I think it's very vile and I personally don't want to follow any person who does that.

You can buy followers by yourself too. You just have to google buy Instagram followers and thatā€™s it. The cheaper ones are bots and fakes (you can search on YouTube Chinese likes farms). You can also pay real people to engage on your account, but these are more pricey, again there are websites that do that. If you donā€™t have cash to spend, you yourself can like otherā€™s posts, receive ā€œcoinsā€ and spend them on likes, followers, views.. on any platform.
I know all these because I work in marketing and I have a lot of clients asking me to buy them fake followers and likes. If you want me to tell you guys Why these are no good, I can tell you what I tell them also: you get shadow banned, you lie to the consumer, it is unethical, you cant do it forever.. so many reasons.
Wow! I'm learning so much new information today. Thank you so much for helping me out šŸ˜Š. There are some really amazing people here on TL unlike what other people like to think (cough GG cough Lydia cough)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Suppose as well with the likes of buying followers is very similar to when starting up a wordpress blog even on your own server(s) I've done that in the past when it was inundated with these back links to various sites (to attempt probably at least search engine crawlers intousually filtered into the blogging softwares spam posts.

That's essentially what Google was a page ranking system (linking together information) out of think was Stanford, attempted to do a deal with Yahoo but they rejected it for whatever reason so became their own search engine and now.....

You know when Victoria got married and Lydia decided to take her wedding dress out (2 years later). Also decided to contact the company that gifted her wedding dress to make a collab (2 years later) and also decided to make a video of her wedding (2 years later)...

Well, Victoria is decorating her new house. Then is time for Lydia to start to re-decorate her house as well. And just to be safe, she is also looking for a second house.

By the way, don't worry. Lydia is not spending her own money. The things she got are for free. She just unbox > decorate > tag > sell > repeat.
This exactly!

Sheā€™s such a freakin dipshit. You get called out, have to make changes, so you do so whilst posting this bleeping childish, imbecilic comment about ā€œblaming those who complainedā€. And how youā€™re sorry this makes it more confusing.

LEM youā€™re a real witch, really you are ā€” GROW UP. Take some responsibility LEM. Youā€™re a bleeping asshat for obfuscating the truth to begin with, when you get caught you canā€™t just comply. You HAVE to have the last word to blame anyone, anything, but it canā€™t be you. Nothing is ever bleeping You. I warned you on your comments page time and again what ā€œgiftā€ means etc etc etc. whether to the regulator, or from the tax manā€™s perspective. You never cared to listen. You are even smarter than those who KNOW.

FYI THE PEOPLE WHO COMPLAIN ARE CONSUMERS. ā€œConsumersā€ are the same bleeping category you market to. THEY SHOULD BE YOUR PRIORITY. It is your job to try to do things from their every perspective.

Also LEM, itā€™s still an OBJECTIVE BODY that slaps you on the wrist. Not your detractors. If they report you and itā€™s BS, you would have had zero trouble.

Youā€™re wrong, accept it. You have blatant disregard for the people whom these rules protect whilst wanting to play the ā€œwokeā€ card and smattering on about bogus causes for environment and women empowerment. Youā€™re a bleeping hypocrite. Take a LONG LOOK AT YOURSELF. Just because youā€™ve locked yourself up in disenchantment, choosing to be discontent unless you own every material thing on earth doesnā€™t mean you can deceive and mislead others to think that all this tit you want is attainable and that your life is some kind of aspirational showroom. Itā€™s not, and itā€™s a joke. I work with millionaires, heck even billionaires. They donā€™t live or act like you.

Can you imagine cheating in a test? Your classmate tells the teacher. Then you tell your friends to blame that classmate for not being able to hang out like chavs at the mall anymore. Itā€™s that friendā€™s fault for ratting you out bc you actually have to study now. Is it because your friend ratted you out??? NO. Because YOU DID SOMETHING BAD. And your actions have very natural consequences.

LEM, your behaviour is belligerent and abhorrent. Putting a smiley next to that comment changes nothing. People are not as thick as you; youā€™re transparent AF.

If you really must, just choose to be either a stupid or an ugly person. Donā€™t be both.

Arrrrrgggh
AMEN!!

Reactions: 6
Suppose as well with the likes of buying followers is very similar to when starting up a wordpress blog even on your own server(s) I've done that in the past when it was inundated with these back links to various sites (to attempt probably at least search engine crawlers intousually filtered into the blogging softwares spam posts.

That's essentially what Google was a page ranking system (linking together information) out of think was Stanford, attempted to do a deal with Yahoo but they rejected it for whatever reason so became their own search engine and now.....
Yep exactly, you have white hat and black hat SEO tactics. It is all in the attempts of deceiving consumers.

C69E86E2-5B21-4500-B13D-39D62790B0BB.jpeg

from the photo on cledepeau Instagram page....no this is not me commenting but I canā€™tbelieve that a brand is just as bad as lydia Iā€™m trying to silence others opinions and delete comments.....o_O

• Angry
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.