Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Marie-Claude

To feel French? Wash yourself, remove the 25 layers of makeup from your face, do not bathe in perfume, no more than 3 different colors on your clothes, dress according to your age, do not multiply the accessories...
But I preach in the desert: vulgar you are, vulgar you will stay. So don’t try to refer to a country that you don’t understand anything about elegance, whether it’s France or any other country. Stay mediocre, it’s the only area where you excel.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 60

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
She lectures us on smelling Spring, Journalling, Dog Walking, Ginger and Lemon Tonic and, my own personal favourite - trim fresh sprigs of rosemary and place the sprigs in a little dish so that you can sprinkle your homegrown herbs on to your chosen dish. 😴😴😴😴

Btw, when Aldi was making his foccaccia bread (from a kit - duh), he used Shwartz Rosemary. Just sayin’.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60

It'sJo

Boy oh boy...her latest vlog was the pinnacle of preaching, virtue-signaling and smug self-righteousness. The only thing worse than a vain and materialistic person is a vain and materialistic person projecting the image of somebody intellectual/deep/who enjoys the little things.
Yikes!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
The content of the video itself is not bad. It's actually a lot of things we've been saying on here "stop the crazy consumerism that you don't appreciate and focus on the little things". The problem is the person that's delivering it.

My goodness even the thumbnail is an another clickbait for Hermes. Couldn't she have just titled the vlog "the little things" "my small luxuries"? How to live a life of luxury in this concept makes no sense.

The problem is not her advice of "taking a walk" or "planting a herb garden" or "journaling" or "do some exercise". Those are all wonderful and truly don't cost anything and everyone really should try one or the other or all. A child can tell you that, that's not ground breaking facts or baring your soul or nothing that should ruffle any feathers.

The problem is, is that Lydia is consumed by greed and envy. "planting a herb garden" was inspired by seeing what Josie had and going manic with $30,000 of investment even before she had her first harvest. "taking a walk" was inspired by seeing Josie AND in the frow and rather than getting a proper sized dog for runs and walks (or adopting one), she wanted immediate and expensive gratification and got a designer sausage dog, from what looks like a puppy breeder who parted them early from their mother.

"journaling" - $200 smythson journal or other expensive journals that Im sure are just filled with 6 pages
"do some exercise" expensive home gym, beg for peloton and finally at home PT sessions

If life is just those small, simple things, why can't she just be happy? Why does she keep talking smack about her old house (not in this vlog but we all know it). It's because it costs her nothing to make a vlog saying this. Just like it cost her nothing to make a vlog during BLM that she was "the best person to black people".

Yesterdays vlog is by no means controversial and is as vanilla as saying "I drink iced coffee and make avocado toast in the morning". The controversial part is that she's a greedy woman and all these "luxuries" would not bring one smile to her face if she came upon hard times and could not afford her greedy lifestyle. I would love to hear from her then.

There are plenty people who take pleasure in life's little things. She's always looking over at her neighbors and thinking how can I make my little thing better than yours.

• Heart
Reactions: 58

beahunny

Chatty Member
and they suddenly give her the wish list piece which is a black Kelly - probably the most popular bag they do. Yeah right Lydia!
I would assume the Kelly is a good fake. She has been way too dodgy about the whole purchase of that bag. There is no way she bought directly from Hermes. And if she had worked with a reseller, she would have promoted them on her SM platforms to receive a discount on the bag.

I could be wrong. But if I had to make a bet, I would bet "fake".

Ali's vlog - is he reading off cue cards???
Ali? Reading?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

GlitterSlap

I am a little bit late to the party again. Sorry for the many typos I made last time I posted - English is not my first language and I miss things even when I double check myself.

With that out of the way, I would like to submerge in hypocrisy and say: HAHA ''TASTEY'' Unless it's a nod to baby- lisp-talk? In which case forgive this peasant, lady Lidl!

D6A1D00E-8282-472C-8F1B-3D004EED7518.jpeg

I was scrolling instagram and unfortunately her newest try to be youngster trendy washed over my feed and I am left questioning: How does this mouth shape make the end of the word 'river'?

Screenshot_2021-09-05-16-28-48.png

How is gaping your mouth and squinting your eyes make a sexy look?...

Screenshot_2021-09-05-10-57-53.png

Some things are not meant to be answered...

And we are left in wonder...

its the same picture.png

• Haha
Reactions: 56

MissMidnight

VIP Member
Ummm … I’m no fashion designer, but who in their right mind thinks it’s even remotely stylish to wear a brown sports bra/crop top OVER a long white linen shirt and teams it with those hideous grey trousers?

IT LOOKS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS! 😖

74E5ACD8-60FB-453F-958B-DFDC36588974.jpeg
EF9D7F6E-8FDA-44B4-8D34-BBE353C0E009.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 55

WatchReelCopyReel

VIP Member
It's just a bad reel. It's technically proficient. The transitions are fairly seamless but it's loud, jarring and doesn't showcase the products in an attractive way. Her facial expressions are plain ugly. This does not influence me to buy the lingerie and is thus, a failure. I suspect I'm not the only one who feels this way.

• Heart
Reactions: 55

Lonelylondon

Chatty Member
It’s a precursor to her dying career as an influencer, “I don’t need material brands and products to be happy” therefore when they stop using her she can act unbothered because the best things in life are free 🙄 she would get more respect if she volunteered at something and gave away her material things to those less fortunate… that is the definition of pure joy… giving back to others and not being a selfish twat! Lydia lectures can take a hike!
I volunteer for Shout which is a crisis text line, i was searching for ages for volunteering that worked around my work schedule which was hard because I finish work at 6 and a lot of homeless shelters wanted people to start a shift at 6, anyway found shout, and I basically sit at my computer with a cup of tea and biscuits and talk to people going through a crisis and (hopefully) help them, she could do something like that.. could just sit on her arse and wouldn’t even need to leave her house! But I don’t think she actually genuinely cares about helping people

• Heart
Reactions: 54

coconochanel

VIP Member
Her video really is a fucking joke its like Kylie Jenner standing in her luxury handbag wardrobe saying she doesn't like luxury handbags :rolleyes: Lydia fuck right off you bloody moron!

• Heart
  • Sad

SunAndMoon

Chatty Member
Watching the vlog:
00:00 - 00:50 - "We're ready". (For her to be condescending to us.) "Make positive comments, or make your own damned YouTube channel!" Followed by the stupid giggle.
00:50 - 2:00 - Her discussion of living a luxurious life that doesn't cost anything is going to "ruffle a few feathers". Why?
Her designer bags behind her aren't luxury? They're milestones, motivation, moments of "well done". (Seriously?) Materialistic things don't create a life of luxury. What the hell is she on about? More feather-ruffling. Stawp.
2:00 - 3:15 - RambIes about stuff she does that doesn't cost money, acknowledges that she is surrounded by materialistic items (and in a customer built dressing room, wearing expensive clothing).
3:20 - Tries to say this vlog is not sponsored (it is).
3:42 - 5:30 - Long ramble about how joyful she's always been (except when she's screaming in a narcissistic rage at a 9-months pregnant hairdresser), how hard she works, how she's "not gentle with herself", "throws herself in". (Spare me)
5:30 - 8:40 - 1. Dogwalks. Talks about she was in a dark place (I think this was after the fallout from the Nicky Lazou debacle). BS'ing about how great it was with Porter, how getting him was the best decision. Worried dogwalks would be a chore - isn't that what you truly think of them a Lydia, when they are not just opportunities for the 'Gram?
8:42 - 2. Journaling. Blah, blah, blah.
Skip!
10:50 - 3. "Curating social media". "Curation of a space that fills me up". 🙄
With what she's saying in this segment about seeing what others are buying, I'm wondering - is she broke?
Skip!
14:30 - 4. Exercise. PT has to come and drag her out of bed at 6 AM (her words). Then, 40 seconds later she says she gets herself out of bed every day.

I'm halfway through, don't know if I can last.

Skip!
16:15 - Really odd edit. Blames it on losing her train of thought.
17:30 - Mentions "getting back on the horse". Oh no! Another stableboy costume is in our future! Talks about getting in the garden every day. Snort!
18:30 - 5. Filling up her cup, topping it up, filling to the brim. Why does this make me think she is talking about her vagina?! 😱 Audible ad. Maybe she could get a spelling and grammar book on Audible.
Skip!
20:50 - (stupid giggle) 6. Homemade shit. 😴 Carrots 🥕🥕 on and on. As if she had dozens and dozens. Wrapping shit up.
Skip!
23:20 - 7. Getting organized. Retainers in the drawer (that she rarely uses).
24:20 - 8. Fresh bedding and pajamas. Weirdo expression (orgasmic? seizure?) when she talks about ironing pajamas. (I don't understand the logic behind ironing pajamas that are just going to get rumpled the moment you are under the covers. Maybe this is a "thing" that I was never told about?! 🤷‍♀️)
25:25 - Water. It's everything she wants to create! Water!
26:00 - Recap of what truly brings Lydia Millen feelings of luxury. It's not the bags! It's not the shoes! After watching her going on and on about Hermès, Hermès, Hermès! for the past few months.
27:20 - By Terry - it's not an ad! Everything she's wearing is By Terry (Parisian!). But it's not an ad. Honestly!!

It's done. Now, don't get me wrong, many of the things she suggests are worthwhile. It is mainly her sudden abandonment of all things materialistic (as if), her delivery, her disingenuousnous, her outright BS'ing that bugs me so much with this.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Wophie

VIP Member
If all her luxury items don't make her happy then why doesn't she auction them all off and donate the proceeds to charity.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Controversially I enjoyed the video! I think if she’d avoided talking about material things at the start, and just sort of focussed on ‘the best things in life are free’ it would have been better. We all know she bought her birmingham as a big “f*ck you to 2020” so she clearly does associate material things with happiness.

But This video actually inspired me and motivated me a bit to prioritise taking good care of of myself. But maybe it’s just in line with what I’m thinking and needing to hear right now.
The problem is not the message- it’s the messenger.

Thursday’s vlog will undoubtedly be unboxing of Fendi luggage, LV Vanity case, Dior sweater.... the list goes on.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 53