Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Scandalous_Purpose

But a lot of their fans are. I enjoy their music and have no issue with their outfits etc, but when I’ve been to concerts most of the fans are 6-14ish. A lot of the little girls I knows first concerts have been little mix.
idk maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but i don’t think little mix, a group of women in their twenties, should have to censor themselves because *some* of their audience are kids. it’s their music, they should have full creative license and it’s the parents job to decide if they’re happy with their child listening to it or not. little mix are performers, not parents

• Heart
Reactions: 64

whatisthisplace

I have worked with them quite recently and they are still really nice girls, especially jade and perrie - they are as down to earth as it gets. Jesy kept demanding her make up be done again, even tho she was caked in it. Leigh Anne’s boyfriend is a knob!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Hope they refund 1/4 of the tickets if she does leave. I don’t get why she didn’t do it before the album? If she’s gonna leave anyways
That's not how mental health conditions work though. You can't plan. If she's left it's because she's reached the point of no return.
Realistically she doesn't owe fans anything. Sometimes you just need life to stop.
If this is the case then good for her and I hope she feels better soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 49

Moley1

Chatty Member
If we are saying that women shouldn’t be judged on their body shape and what they wear, why does it still happen? What also happened to #bekind? Jesy clearly has problems with her mental health so o find it odd that someone on here plays down those problems when they have had direct experience of dealing with mental health issues. Perhaps it is the best job in the world if you are experiencing mental health issues, but why should someone give up their job because they are unwell? Perhaps it would help her more if people just stopped being so bitchy towards her. So what if she doesn’t conform to what we think her body should look like? So what if her costumes aren’t flattering? If we are really saying that women shouldn’t be judged by these standards, perhaps we should just concern ourselves with her signing voice?

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Sunraged

Manufactured bands like this are cash cows for record companies, but there is also a race against time to recover the investments in their product.

For that reason, they have millions ploughed into capitalising on their relevance for an intense period of time where their product is drained of everything. Unlike people like Bowie, the band are in control of nothing-even the co-writing. Co-writing is a nonsense, but an important phrase to use when trying to sell the "integrity" of the band i.e. to try and fool the public/fans that their involvement with the writing and recording process is a collaboration and not an autocracy.

These kids wanted to be famous. Their brand is handed to them, their musical style is handed to them, even the way they behave in interviews is handed to them. Nice shiny pretty ornaments. That's what separates manufactured bands from genuine artists. They can sing, but that's literally their lot. They have no idea what they're letting themselves in for when they sign on the dotted line. I seem to remember S Club 7 or someone like that saying they didn't get a single penny for several years (royalties are usually paid twice yearly).

Add to that the underlying psychopathology of people like Jesy, who believes the path to validation is to put yourself in the firing line of criticism. It's like having a nose job when you've got body dysmorphia-you don't see the change. You still feel ugly. I don't doubt she's another Caroline Flack with respect to her, and I don't doubt overdoses, self-harm and eating problems are novel issues only presenting since the band started. I have no doubt these issues predate her fame, only that fame has amplified the symptoms.

The music industry is competitive, critical, bitchy and incredibly haughty. The days of hanging around in clubs together and talking shop with a view to jamming at each other's houses with a spliff and a bottle of Jack, are dead. That's why there's a belief that true music is dead. The parasitic, money motivated machines have taken over, and machines don't empathise-they just demand more, and more, and more.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47

Brummiebird

VIP Member
A few years ago a friend’s daughter won a backstage meet and greet with Little Mix. Little Mix turned up exceptionally late, looked thoroughly bored throughout and did the bare minimum. One of them was particularly rude and obnoxious.
Jesy, however, was the complete opposite. She engaged with my friend’s daughter, who was 7 at the time, asking her questions about herself and telling her how much she liked her top and that her hair was really pretty.
I’ve always had a soft spot for her because of that, I wish her well.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42

Flossy2019

VIP Member
Why when a woman is sick or having time off does one assume she is pregnant... it really annoys me for some reason. I think it’s obvious she has been having a hard time.. she has admitted she was happy to go into lockdown. She’s already had mental health issues in the past. Not so long ago at radio one she had a panic attack .shes not mentioned the tv program or the allium once, Maybe on the semis of the search something got to her snd she had a meltdown. ( for one she always disagreed with the other girls about the acts maybe they had an argument ) can happen and appear to come out of nowhere ... but in her head it could have been the last straw.. i would be surprised if it’s pregnancy. I hope she’s ok and getting help with what she’s going through, she is clearly struggling

Reactions: 37

Whatsallthis

VIP Member
I wish they would just leave her alone to sort out what she needs. Can’t be helping her to have these creeps all over the place.

Reactions: 36

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member
I watched the documentary that Jesy did, and found her behaviour obnoxious and very calculated. Mental health my arse - it's attention seeking, nothing more. No one with any body/image issues would dress like she does. You could sense the frustration from the other band members in the documentary when they were trying to record music- she must be a PITA to deal with all the time.

• Wow
Reactions: 36

M.fairy

Chatty Member
It’s a vicious cycle, you put makeup on, take photos, edit them to make you look better then post them. Get compliments on how nice you look, then when you look in the mirror with no makeup on and realise you don’t look like you do on social media so it makes you said, so you then go through the whole thing again.

I really think they should ban (or do the declare thing) editing photos on social media because it’s just so toxic.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
I’m glad they have addressed it. To me, it looks like they’ve left the ball in Jesy’s court to decide when (or if) she wants to come back. That’s the right thing to do.

There is still so much stigma around mental health, particularly when it’s not stereotypical. Just reading through this thread it’s clear some people just cannot understand mental health issues if they haven’t directly experienced it themselves.

I have a lot of sympathy for her and I really, really hope she has some good people around her and the press won’t go hounding her (ha, wishful thinking sadly).

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
I can see Jesy leaving the band and I can see she will be the one who will be doing all the shows like i’m a celebrity/stricly etc... She won’t stay out of the spotlight i don’t think.
She seems like the kind of person who despite hating the negative side of fame, survives on the positive attention and needs it to get through each day.

Reactions: 33

Ridandroo

Chatty Member
I think it’s the most recent single which is causing a few 🥴
It just seems abit weird like Leigh’s been in a relationship for 4 years now and now engaged
Perries been dating alex for 4 years and close to getting engaged
Jade was dating Jed for 3 years up until last year, ended on good terms, now dating Jordan and Jesy her past two relationships have been quite longand ended on good terms.
If I had been dating someone for 4 years and they were singing about their ex I would be abit pissed off.
Maybe it’s just me and I’m just sick of the breakup songs and I'm not gonna act like their innocent, they know it’s gonna get spun into being about zayn. I was excited for the new album because I thought after not another breakup song there would be no more breakup songs but clearly not 😂

Also it wasn’t attack on Perrie not letting go, it’s the fact that they still sing about their ex’s whist being a new relationship, it just seems like they need to let go as bar Jesy they had all been in 3 years+ relationships when the most recent song was released and the lyrics don’t exactly fit Jed Anyways
More often than not, it is just work. They are selling a product at the end of the day. I doubt their boyfriends care what they are singing about as long as they are bringing home the money. Beyoncé’s biggest hit was single ladies, despite her well known relationship with jay z.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
I have worked with them quite recently and they are still really nice girls, especially jade and perrie - they are as down to earth as it gets. Jesy kept demanding her make up be done again, even tho she was caked in it. Leigh Anne’s boyfriend is a knob!
I always thought Jade seems the least changed by fame. She always comes across as down to earth and as if she’s just being herself - definitely the most likeable.

Reactions: 31

Cotedazur

I don't doubt she's got mental health issues but I think she's fallen out with them too. Look at the statement mentioning how she loves the fans. No mention in the last part of her love of the girls, how they are sisters to her or that she will miss them. Instead it all sounded very professional and business like. I suspect she thinks the other three should have supported her more, whilst they probably acted like Jesy was a pain with her behaviour.
I can see something like this definitely being a contributing factor. I know when I watched her documentary, it did make me think the whole thing must be quite draining for the other girls. Not bashing Jesy here, it was just quite clear that she needed special treatment e.g. re-filming takes, wearing the same outfit over and over, etc. It’s a really hard situation for them all, it was clear they did try to support and uplift her.

Reactions: 31

Et tu Brute?

VIP Member
Expressing an opinion is not trolling.

Critiquing is not trolling.

Disagreeing with something is not trolling.

None of the above are bullying either. Critics have been in business for years, however now with the modern age of the internet anyone and everyone can express opinions online - whether we like it or not.

if anyone finds tattle unpleasant or negative then perhaps they shouldn’t read it? 🤷🏻‍♀️ Just a thought.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Cotedazur

On the subject of their styling, it’s really jarring how Jesy wears the exact same bodysuit in literally every video and show, whilst the other girls have matching outfits. Very noticeable in the sweet melody video, she doesn’t look part of the group because of it.

Reactions: 30

KINGAA

VIP Member
Give it a rest guys she has clearly been going through a lot and thanking fans for listening to her music is probably not at the top of her to do list - I think you should probably get over this!

More generally there's a very unpleasant tone in this thread... You're all aware that the culture of abuse through rude and unpleasant comments online are exactly what have given her such mental health difficulties - would be wise to think a bit more before having a go at her for things as minor as posting a picture of herself on Instagram. Really stupid to think if you have issues with bullying then the solution is for you to have to rid yourself of everything you enjoy in life, she has a full right to use instagram if she wants - the bullies are the ones that deserve snark (and more)
Where was anyone unpleasant and having a go at her? This is a gossip forum, not a #bekind and positive only forum - we are here to talk about gossip be it good or bad and share opinions freely. She unfortunately is a celebrity that’s quite often talked about wether she likes or or not, even if she has left the group she will always be linked to them!

People need to separate trolling or “bullying” from critiquing - there’s one thing to constantly attack someone and say nasty things in their DMs and it’s a completly other thing to have an opinion on a social media post or a fashion choice!

• Heart
Reactions: 29