Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hodgies

Chatty Member
I don't think it's body shaming to say their styling is shit and it's nothing to do with being unkind. They're a band in the public eye, if I think they look awful I'm allowed to make that comment.

I adore Harry Styles but I hate the stuff he wears to perform now, I think he looks awful. To me that's the same thing as saying I don't like what Little Mix wear. Bring back the skinny jeans, tshirts and Chelsea boots 🤣

Reactions: 29

PennyLane321

If we are saying that women shouldn’t be judged on their body shape and what they wear, why does it still happen? What also happened to #bekind? Jesy clearly has problems with her mental health so o find it odd that someone on here plays down those problems when they have had direct experience of dealing with mental health issues. Perhaps it is the best job in the world if you are experiencing mental health issues, but why should someone give up their job because they are unwell? Perhaps it would help her more if people just stopped being so bitchy towards her. So what if she doesn’t conform to what we think her body should look like? So what if her costumes aren’t flattering? If we are really saying that women shouldn’t be judged by these standards, perhaps we should just concern ourselves with her signing voice?
I think you’re oversimplifying or misunderstanding what’s been said. Jesy was bullied horribly which has affected her massively and left her with very deep scars which haven’t yet healed. Personally, I think she would benefit from taking a step back to focus on her mental health and the issues which so obviously plague her. I relate to Jesy a lot and recognise that some of the behaviours she exhibits are down to her insecurities, such as the constant need for validation through social media, being obsessed with her looks etc, because I’ve been there. Unfortunately, we can’t stop people commenting on public figures, especially when they actively put themselves out there. It’s not nice but that’s reality and I just don’t think it’s the best environment for someone who’s struggling with their mental health

• Heart

Sazbee

VIP Member
I was thinking this too. Almost every antibiotic I’ve ever taken has made me vomit. I don’t think it’s that uncommon for them to upset your stomach.
I was once on antibiotics that made me shit myself in Asda car park. Now THAT is traumatic.

• Haha
They won the X factor in 2011, it will be 9 years in December 😮 they’ve done well to make it this far and it wouldn’t be surprising if one of them leaves soon or takes a break, that is a long time.

Silverback

VIP Member
It’s a vicious cycle, you put makeup on, take photos, edit them to make you look better then post them. Get compliments on how nice you look, then when you look in the mirror with no makeup on and realise you don’t look like you do on social media so it makes you said, so you then go through the whole thing again.

I really think they should ban (or do the declare thing) editing photos on social media because it’s just so toxic.
I think social media in itself is the problem. It takes the notion of trying to look gorgeous that most women feel pressured to be in the face of the media and times’ it by a million. I often wish social media had never been invented and I’m not even on it. It’s utterly toxic for people’s self esteem.

• Heart

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Maybe lock down gave her time to reflect and realise she wants/needs a break from it all.....
I mean after 9 years in the career without a significant break, she doesn’t owe anyone anything really. I really hope she gets the time and support she needs.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I did thank that too, but then I think the girls seemed happy and relaxed at ema’s, and if it was that bad i’m sure it would have come across, unless they are all great actresses.
This is the same band who put a front on during Jesy's first suicide attempt back in 2013, including Jesy herself. So much so that we didn't know it had happened until last year when her documentary came out.

under the ivy

VIP Member
Anyone just seen that Jesy has posted on her IG a picture of herself? I mean, you do you but I think she needs a break from SM.

• Wow

Sogdhitalley

VIP Member
Anyone got any tea on these?

As mentioned elsewhere, why does their stylist hate them so much?!

• Haha

JakeM

VIP Member
Thread title suggestion:

Little Mix #2 The search.....for a stylist

It’s not that great.

• Haha
Reactions: 27

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
If anyone reading this thread genuinely believe that this girl has issues because of so called trolling then frankly you need to get a grip. Jesy Nelson has issues that pre date her even being on the X factor. I imagine it all goes back to issues in her childhood. She’s not mentally stable and being in the public eye has exacerbated that. She’s also now consumed by the attention she gets online - it’s a vicious cycle - she craves the attention and validation she gets online from strangers but the negatives aspects have a knock in effect on her already fragile mental health but she can’t seem to get out of the cycle. Throw in alcohol and/or substance abuse issues and you’ve got the mess she’s in now. But to try to claim that she’s unwell because of idle gossip is absolute nonsense and actually does nothing to help those with genuine mental health problems.

• Heart

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Anyone just seen that Jesy has posted on her IG a picture of herself? I mean, you do you but I think she needs a break from SM.
Oh Jesy... she really doesn't need to seek this validation. I am now thinking it's not so much about hiding from the public eye, but wanting to no longer be compared to the other 3 ladies, perhaps? The "pressures of being in girlband" comment makes me think of this now. I think she was done with Little Mix but is not done with social media validation? I dunno...

• Heart

Basicbasic

VIP Member
I wish she'd just shut up and go away for a while. She's made her point, via social media, documentary, radio shows and interviews. There's so much going on in the world besides jessy fucking Nelson. She should take her millions and focus on getting her mental health back on track. I'll be the first one cheering her on if she takes time to get well and comes back. In the meantime, I wish she'd just let the other girls carry on without her like a shadow over them.

• Heart

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
It's hard to sympathise with her. She says the constant fame and criticism has led to a mental health breakdown. If that's true them she needs to take time away from the constant fame and criticism, but no, a day later she's back on Insta. One of the problems with youngsters these days is that they have to be the prettiest, the sexiest, the best body etc etc
Not everyone is going to be the best at everything, and people are not solely defined by their looks. She needs to stop with the surgery and give her mind and body time to heal. God knows she can afford it.
she’s nearly 30 years old. She needs to get a grip. If she’s mentally unwell then get off social media and find a job that’s not in the public eye and live a normal life in private.
if she continues to be prolific on social media and carries on a career in the public eye then frankly, more fool her. She can’t have it both ways.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I do think Jesy was treated appalling by the media and was known as the ‘fat one’. A bit like Kimberly in GIrls Aloud was, neither were fat and both had lovely figures but standing next to size 6 girls your going to look bigger unfortunately.
I watched the Jesy document and whilst I do feel sorry for her. I agree with some other posts that she needs help to deal with those issues. It must be hard for the rest of the group as well they have their appearance picked at too like everyone does in the public eye and Jesy seems to think she needs longer in make up, dictates what she wears and is a bit of a nightmare to work with by her and their own admission on the documentary. I think there was a scene where she was in the studio and she asks them to leave etc. Whilst I understand why she feels like that it must be hard for them to work with too

I have some ☕ Two weeks ago I was in Dubai with my boyfriend and we were at the restaurant next to Madinat Jumeirah. I was really curious how we could get to the beach as it seemed that we were walking in circles. Anyway at one point a couple came and they were asking the waitress about this beach and how they could get there. I was paying attention to their conversation as I wanted to know for myself , but the next moment the girl looked around and I was a bit shocked to see that is was Jesy ( she and her boyfriend were the only people not wearing a mask) so it was pretty easy to recognize her. Anyway they sit to the table next to us and I asked my boyfriend as he could see her better if she has tattoos on her arm and he confirmed them.

Two minutes later they left, in the same time with us, we lost them anyway but somehow we managed to be again face to face in front of a store. So i asked her boyfriend what did that waiter said earlier as we want to go to the beach as well ( in this moment Jesy was literally really close to me). After her boyfriend answered they continued walking and in that moment I asked “ by the way are you Jesy from little mix? “ and they literally gave me an ugy look and said simultaneously “NO” and rushed to a taxi.

I was a bit confused as I understand that is a tough time for her and everything but if you really wanted to not be seen , girl, just wear a mask. She really has the opportunity know to walk around without being recognized so that was a bit weird. Oh and she looks really good, she was in a swimwear with a long skirt but she looked fit.

sorry for this loooong message 😅

• Wow

under the ivy

VIP Member
anyone else get the impression that Jesy is incredible difficult to be around and quite stuck up? this was the vibe I got

also, I’m assuming she’s not with her latest bf ? Anyone know?
Yeah I get that, but I have MH conditions so I can come across as difficult/stuck up - I’m painfully shy and anxious sometimes in social situations. Unsure if Jesy has any diagnosed MH conditions but it may be a contributing factor.

• Heart