Little Mix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Let’s not forget that this was a manufactured “band” put together from a bunch of people on a talent show. They didn’t grow up together as bosom buddies. They were workmates. Sometimes your workmates become closer friends, often they are not and when you move on the friendship gets put on the back burner. This is Little Mix, not The Beatles. Good luck to them all in their future endeavours but let’s not pretend that we shall be talking of their contribution to music and culture in the same way we do about Lennon and McCartney in years to come 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I think if she goes solo, she'll wait until the others do first. If she's the first (and releases anything before the tour) then I think she'll get backlash and struggle. I also don't think she really wrote/co-wrote much in the band.

I wonder if she's still friendly with Janet Devlin. (who went the indie route) She's been really open with her mental health and body image struggles on Youtube and in her book, and didn't have to deal with the mainstream media as much as Jesy did. I think it'd be kind of nice to have that support of someone who gets it to a degree.

Reactions: 4
I think if she goes solo, she'll wait until the others do first. If she's the first (and releases anything before the tour) then I think she'll get backlash and struggle. I also don't think she really wrote/co-wrote much in the band.

I wonder if she's still friendly with Janet Devlin. (who went the indie route) She's been really open with her mental health and body image struggles on Youtube and in her book, and didn't have to deal with the mainstream media as much as Jesy did. I think it'd be kind of nice to have that support of someone who gets it to a degree.
I honestly don’t see Jesy disappearing from the lime light, she has obvious mental health problems and I actually think she’s addicted to social media and getting likes. She seems so obsessed with her self image and I actually think she should have come off social media a long time ago (she would have still made money from being in the band so didn’t really need it if it was compromising her mental health) but I don’t think she will, especially now. She is the type who wouldn’t want to disappear she will still want to be relevant. I can guarantee she goes and does solo projects either in music or something else.

Reactions: 13
I honestly don’t see Jesy disappearing from the lime light, she has obvious mental health problems and I actually think she’s addicted to social media and getting likes. She seems so obsessed with her self image and I actually think she should have come off social media a long time ago (she would have still made money from being in the band so didn’t really need it if it was compromising her mental health) but I don’t think she will, especially now. She is the type who wouldn’t want to disappear she will still want to be relevant. I can guarantee she goes and does solo projects either in music or something else.
I don't know - I think she might use social media less at least. I think part of it was she felt pressure because labels often expect you to have Twitter/Instagram to promote yourself. I think she deleted her Twitter ages ago, but obviously Instagram is more difficult to step away from. I could maybe see her going the Zayn route where she releases music, but does very little promo/touring, and maybe gets someone else to manage her socials for her.

Reactions: 5
I don't know - I think she might use social media less at least. I think part of it was she felt pressure because labels often expect you to have Twitter/Instagram to promote yourself. I think she deleted her Twitter ages ago, but obviously Instagram is more difficult to step away from. I could maybe see her going the Zayn route where she releases music, but does very little promo/touring, and maybe gets someone else to manage her socials for her.
Her only route will be z-leb tv shows. What serious record company would take on someone so flaky? I predict 1 out of 4 from LM will succeed in a solo situation and it isn't Jesy - she might do a couple of collaborations but peeps will get quickly bored of her.

Reactions: 10
I get what you're saying about having to use socials for her job but the way she was posting in the main lockdown was odd, she was desperately needing validation, she was posting the same type of content as Z listers from reality shows, it was beneath her I think but she obviously couldn't help herself and I think that's part of the problem

One or two solo hits then dancing on ice or I'm a celeb.
I don't think she'd do im a celeb as they don't have makeup etc in there. Unless she is 100% happy within herself and won't let tbe hate get to her, then it'd be a no imo

Reactions: 6
I don't think she'd do im a celeb as they don't have makeup etc in there. Unless she is 100% happy within herself and won't let tbe hate get to her, then it'd be a no imo
I doubt she'd do them but I meant in terms of offers , as in what will be out there for her and what she'll get offered.

Reactions: 1
I get what you're saying about having to use socials for her job but the way she was posting in the main lockdown was odd, she was desperately needing validation, she was posting the same type of content as Z listers from reality shows, it was beneath her I think but she obviously couldn't help herself and I think that's part of the problem
Exactly her uploads through lock down were so desperate for attention and validation . Constant pictures of her posing the same way over and over , no other content just her . As I said there’s no need for her to do that to stay relevant when she’s already in a band, I think she gets off on the likes and she won’t be able to step away from it

Reactions: 14
Whatever she chooses I hope it works out for her and that she can find some peace.

Reactions: 3
Agreed it’s a very carefully worded statement. I don’t think there is any love lost there on Jess’s side. Think a solo contract is virtually inevitable!
Agreed and I think equally so on their side too.

“We are still very much enjoying our Little Mix journey and the 3 of us are not ready for it to be over.”

A few years ago a friend’s daughter won a backstage meet and greet with Little Mix. Little Mix turned up exceptionally late, looked thoroughly bored throughout and did the bare minimum. One of them was particularly rude and obnoxious.
Jesy, however, was the complete opposite. She engaged with my friend’s daughter, who was 7 at the time, asking her questions about herself and telling her how much she liked her top and that her hair was really pretty.
I’ve always had a soft spot for her because of that, I wish her well.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
I think it's really sad that Jesy has had to leave, although I do agree that it's probably the right decision. Health always comes before wealth in my opinion. She's made a success of herself anyway and leaving the band isn't a failure at all.

I think the best thing she can do is take some time away from the spotlight to focus on herself. She'll definitely have the money to keep her going for a while anyway. She really needs to be in the best possible headspace before even considering returning to the spotlight.

Reactions: 1
Not surprised she's left as she's by far the most famous now and has lots of doors open to her. She's done the girl group thing for many years and as much as they make out like they're best friends, they're colleagues.

I think she's going to need to tread carefully, she now knows what living a life in the pubic eye entails. If she wants to carry on doing that

Not saying it's right, because similarly you should be able to leave your house unlocked and no one robs anything but certain things are inevitable. She seemed to seek out negative comments that weren't even @ her, so what can you even do about that? If you're famous people will talk.

Seeing her label Photoshop her thinner and the popstar filtered image being different to what she saw in the mirror seemed to be a big part of it.

Reactions: 6
A few years ago a friend’s daughter won a backstage meet and greet with Little Mix. Little Mix turned up exceptionally late, looked thoroughly bored throughout and did the bare minimum. One of them was particularly rude and obnoxious.
Jesy, however, was the complete opposite. She engaged with my friend’s daughter, who was 7 at the time, asking her questions about herself and telling her how much she liked her top and that her hair was really pretty.
I’ve always had a soft spot for her because of that, I wish her well.
Ohhh which was was obnoxious ?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.