Little Mix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think it's body shaming to say their styling is tit and it's nothing to do with being unkind. They're a band in the public eye, if I think they look awful I'm allowed to make that comment.

I adore Harry Styles but I hate the stuff he wears to perform now, I think he looks awful. To me that's the same thing as saying I don't like what Little Mix wear. Bring back the skinny jeans, tshirts and Chelsea boots 🤣

Reactions: 29
Jesy really needs to stay single and work on herself, I loved her and Chris together I think he has mh issues too as he spent slot of time in bed on love island and it was not explained . At one point jesy was engaged to shame Richie jr as well she's never single but I do think she is very insecure

Reactions: 23
I do think Jesy was treated appalling by the media and was known as the ‘fat one’. A bit like Kimberly in GIrls Aloud was, neither were fat and both had lovely figures but standing next to size 6 girls your going to look bigger unfortunately.
I watched the Jesy document and whilst I do feel sorry for her. I agree with some other posts that she needs help to deal with those issues. It must be hard for the rest of the group as well they have their appearance picked at too like everyone does in the public eye and Jesy seems to think she needs longer in make up, dictates what she wears and is a bit of a nightmare to work with by her and their own admission on the documentary. I think there was a scene where she was in the studio and she asks them to leave etc. Whilst I understand why she feels like that it must be hard for them to work with too

Reactions: 26
I completely understand what you are saying, but if body shaming didn’t exist then perhaps she wouldn’t have to step back from her job. Perhaps we should be shaming the people who body shame, not the people who are having their body shamed?
I think you’re missing my point slightly. We can’t control every single person on the planet and force everyone to be nice at all times. It’s not possible. Even if all of Jesy’s insta comments were full of praise and no one ever said anything negative about her again, her issues wouldn’t magically disappear because they go so much deeper than that. I really think Jesy should seek professional help and I’m saying this from a place of concern because she’s clearly very fragile and in need support. Real support from family and close friends, not strangers on the internet.

Reactions: 17
I think Jesys body is very normal and the media has given her dysmorphia, a lot of blame comes down the the X Factor - they were kids and the X Factor should of sheltered them a little from the media and given them training of how to deal with it rather than use it as a storyline.

I don’t think their stylists are helpful in any way, shape or form - their stylings are so bad that everyone picks them apart and not body wise but look wise. For example last night, in what world did they think that Perries white outfit A, looked good and B, was flattering because it was neither and it’s painfully obvious people will talk about it and I know the girls get upset about people talking about their looks but wearing fashion choices like that is allowing for them to be picked apart!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I think Jesys body is very normal and the media has given her dysmorphia, a lot of blame comes down the the X Factor - they were kids and the X Factor should of sheltered them a little from the media and given them training of how to deal with it rather than use it as a storyline.

I don’t think their stylists are helpful in any way, shape or form - their stylings are so bad that everyone picks them apart and not body wise but look wise. For example last night, in what world did they think that Perries white outfit A, looked good and B, was flattering because it was neither and it’s painfully obvious people will talk about it and I know the girls get upset about people talking about their looks but wearing fashion choices like that is allowing for them to be picked apart!
I do think for jesy it goes deeper than people body shaming her. She seems to have lost interest in the band in general and is all consumed by her mental ill health.

Reactions: 11
Their stylists do them absolutely no favours but surely they must also have a say in what they wear? On another note, I do find them to be very talented but I think the group may have run it’s course at this point. They’re trying to transition into becoming more mature and appealing to a wider audience but twerking in assless chaps doesn’t strike me as the best way to do that 😅. As much as they’re gorgeous girls they’re not sexy if you know what I mean? It cringes me out so much

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Their stylists do them absolutely no favours but surely they must also have a say in what they wear? On another note, I do find them to be very talented but I think the group may have run it’s course at this point. They’re trying to transition into becoming more mature and appealing to a wider audience but twerking in assless chaps doesn’t strike me as the best way to do that 😅. As much as they’re gorgeous girls they’re not sexy if you know what I mean? It cringes me out so much
I don’t get why they went down that route, so many artists/bands are successful without being ‘sexy’.

Reactions: 5
maybe this is an unpopular view, but the girls aren’t forced into the outfits they wear, as we see with jesy wearing the same style quite often, so they definitely have a say and i actually love that they wear kind of unusual and out-there outfits!! i think they look great and even better they have the confidence to wear those outfits, i could never!! so i actually really enjoy seeing what they wear, that’s not to say i like all of them but it’s actually kinda refreshing to see them embracing different styles and trying new things instead of a cute top and skirt which is just a little boring

Reactions: 20
I really hope the rumours aren’t true, but for some reason the press seemed to single Jesy out as the one to be picked on - probably just because she didn’t have the same body as her colleagues. Jesy. Is. Not. Fat. And. Never. Has. Been.
Mental health is such a complex field, there’s a reason people spend years training to be part of it, but it also doesn’t take a professional to understand why Jesy might be suffering, and to suffer so publicly as well is just so tough.
Even this thread which has been 99% kind, is a prime example of the subconscious attitudes to mental health that are still prevalent. Things like “letting down” the team because it’s a big week for them...from my own mental health experiences, feeling like a failure and a letdown is one of the biggest barriers to my own recoveries.
I hope she gets the help she needs, especially if that means taking time out from the band to do it. They’ve just put a new album out and it doesn’t look like tours are likely for another few months - though workload shouldn’t stop her taking time out for her health, this might be a good time to do it.

Sorry about the rant, it’s not aimed at any posters just my frustrations on the topic.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
i've seen the group all together in Nando's and Jessy is really small, like i would say size 8 maximum, it's just unfortunate that the other girls are even smaller again. I hope she's ok, i quite like Little Mix - they definitely need to sack the stylist though, their outfits are shocking!

Reactions: 21
I think shes got an amazing body and she did always have one!!
Agreed! My sister-in-law met her and Chris in Bali, she said she was absolutely stunning and tiny. I think she's beautiful but she needs to chill with the filler. Her body is beautiful too! I'd take it any day of the week!

I'm just catching up on the final episode now, the dresses they all wore to sing Secret Love Song were so pretty and their hair and makeup looked lovely too. Perri, in particular looked STUNNING! Why do they all wear those hideous costumes when performing!!

Reactions: 21
Is it just me or does anyone eles think Jessy has lost interest in the band on Fri on little mix the search was like she didn't want to be on the show she looked very unhappy and just not interested think maybe life in that public eye is getting to much for her, I like her but jumps from one realtionship to the nxt Like she doesn't know what she wants in life I think she should still single till she knows what she wants cause I can't see her new realtionship lasting long either it's like she doesn't know how to be single or is scared of being alone I honestly did think her and Chris was a great couple and well suited together and she seemed very happy with him

Reactions: 5
I didn't think too much of Chris to be honest. I do hope he was genuine but he just seemed too sickly sweet for me

Reactions: 9
I think you’re missing my point slightly. We can’t control every single person on the planet and force everyone to be nice at all times. It’s not possible. Even if all of Jesy’s insta comments were full of praise and no one ever said anything negative about her again, her issues wouldn’t magically disappear because they go so much deeper than that. I really think Jesy should seek professional help and I’m saying this from a place of concern because she’s clearly very fragile and in need support. Real support from family and close friends, not strangers on the internet.
No, I agree, we can’t. But we can do our bit to call it out when it happens. The more people are pulled up on poor behaviour the less, hopefully, it will happen. And yes, absolutely, she needs the support of those around her more than strangers on the Internet, but I am sure she would prefer that the strangers on the Internet were supportive rather than attacking her for her looks, her body shape and her clothes.

I should add that I have a 21 year old daughter who went through an anorexic stage during her teenage years. Her older sister was not at all sympathetic and said that it was just attention seeking. Whatever the reason these people need help and understanding. Bullying is not ok, especially when it involves fragile people. We often do it without thinking, and I include myself in that.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
No, I agree, we can’t. But we can do our bit to call it out when it happens. The more people are pulled up on poor behaviour the less, hopefully, it will happen. And yes, absolutely, she needs the support of those around her more than strangers on the Internet, but I am sure she would prefer that the strangers on the Internet were supportive rather than attacking her for her looks, her body shape and her clothes.

I should add that I have a 21 year old daughter who went through an anorexic stage during her teenage years. Her older sister was not at all sympathetic and said that it was just attention seeking. Whatever the reason these people need help and understanding. Bullying is not ok, especially when it involves fragile people. We often do it without thinking, and I include myself in that.
I’m so sorry your daughter went through that and I hope she’s healthy and doing well now. Unfortunately there are just bad people in the world and we could scream “be kind” at them until we’re blue in the face and it would make no difference. Of course if you see an instance of bullying online then absolutely call it out but we can’t police every account on every social media platform at all times. What we can control is our own reactions and behaviours. Jesy craves validation online but to get that she leaves herself open to negativity - they’re 2 sides of the same coin. She gets her desired validation from people telling her she’s beautiful (which she is) but this just reinforces that her worth is tied to her image and as long as she thinks of herself in this way, her mental state will continue to deteriorate. She needs help to unlearn all of that to truly deal with her insecurities. She could also benefit from learning healthy coping mechanisms when exposed to trolling (like Perrie laughing at herself being compared to the Michelin Man) but honestly I think her issues run too deep to enable her to do that. She needs to detox from social media for a while and work on herself. You could tell her mum loves her so much and was distraught on her documentary so I’ve no doubt she’d have a support system should she choose to take a break. Social media and Instagram especially can be so destructive, especially for people like Jesy who have such profound and deep-seated insecurities. She won’t find any solutions to her problems online no matter how well intentioned people are - it’s just not a healthy environment for someone as fragile as Jesy. She needs real help

Reactions: 6
It’s a vicious cycle, you put makeup on, take photos, edit them to make you look better then post them. Get compliments on how nice you look, then when you look in the mirror with no makeup on and realise you don’t look like you do on social media so it makes you said, so you then go through the whole thing again.

I really think they should ban (or do the declare thing) editing photos on social media because it’s just so toxic.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
It’s a vicious cycle, you put makeup on, take photos, edit them to make you look better then post them. Get compliments on how nice you look, then when you look in the mirror with no makeup on and realise you don’t look like you do on social media so it makes you said, so you then go through the whole thing again.

I really think they should ban (or do the declare thing) editing photos on social media because it’s just so toxic.
I think social media in itself is the problem. It takes the notion of trying to look gorgeous that most women feel pressured to be in the face of the media and times’ it by a million. I often wish social media had never been invented and I’m not even on it. It’s utterly toxic for people’s self esteem.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I used to like Little Mix, not bothered about their outfits as it's neither here nor there to me but think their music has gone downhill now, they used to have some really catchy songs like "move" etc, but the last few songs are just not doing it for me. Maybe I'm getting old! I thought that one of them might leave eventually, maybe it will be Jessie that goes first 👀

Reactions: 6
Is it just me or does anyone eles think Jessy has lost interest in the band on Fri on little mix the search was like she didn't want to be on the show she looked very unhappy and just not interested think maybe life in that public eye is getting to much for her, I like her but jumps from one realtionship to the nxt Like she doesn't know what she wants in life I think she should still single till she knows what she wants cause I can't see her new realtionship lasting long either it's like she doesn't know how to be single or is scared of being alone I honestly did think her and Chris was a great couple and well suited together and she seemed very happy with him
Yeah I get the feeling that she just grew out of the whole girl band thing and it's no longer what she wants to do, if she hasn't left already.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.