Little Mix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s the most recent single which is causing a few 🥴
It just seems abit weird like Leigh’s been in a relationship for 4 years now and now engaged
Perries been dating alex for 4 years and close to getting engaged
Jade was dating Jed for 3 years up until last year, ended on good terms, now dating Jordan and Jesy her past two relationships have been quite longand ended on good terms.
If I had been dating someone for 4 years and they were singing about their ex I would be abit pissed off.
Maybe it’s just me and I’m just sick of the breakup songs and I'm not gonna act like their innocent, they know it’s gonna get spun into being about zayn. I was excited for the new album because I thought after not another breakup song there would be no more breakup songs but clearly not 😂

Also it wasn’t attack on Perrie not letting go, it’s the fact that they still sing about their ex’s whist being a new relationship, it just seems like they need to let go as bar Jesy they had all been in 3 years+ relationships when the most recent song was released and the lyrics don’t exactly fit Jed Anyways
More often than not, it is just work. They are selling a product at the end of the day. I doubt their boyfriends care what they are singing about as long as they are bringing home the money. Beyoncé’s biggest hit was single ladies, despite her well known relationship with jay z.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
More often than not, it is just work. They are selling a product at the end of the day. I doubt their boyfriends care what they are singing about as long as they are bringing home the money. Beyoncé’s biggest hit was single ladies, despite her well known relationship with jay z.
Fairs, I suppose they know it’s gonna cause a stir and cause more streams/sales.
Might limit who they collaborate with in the future, but like others said it’s a quick and easy pay check

Reactions: 2
As Brian McFadden said about having to sing songs with no relevance.. "I was standing on stage singing about mandy, I don't even know a mandy! "

• Haha
Reactions: 41
As Brian McFadden said about having to sing songs with no relevance.. "I was standing on stage singing about mandy, I don't even know a mandy! "
Brian didn’t like the songs he sang is Westlife so he left, I’m sure if they hated it that much they would leave.
Little mix brand themselves about singing about personal experiences and songs relevant to them - which I like but I’m just sick of the breakup songs.

Also Brian may not know a Mandy, but Perrie knew who bought her the teddy she threw out the car in SOTME (good on her), so probs not the best comparison 😂

Could of mentioned the fact the Mark was in love with an uptown girl yet he’s gay 😂 I know that bands sing songs with no relevance to them but I would say 99% of the songs little mix sing have relevance to them x

Reactions: 3
Brian didn’t like the songs he sang is Westlife so he left, I’m sure if they hated it that much they would leave.
Little mix brand themselves about singing about personal experiences and songs relevant to them - which I like but I’m just sick of the breakup songs.

Also Brian may not know a Mandy, but Perrie knew who bought her the teddy she threw out the car in SOTME (good on her), so probs not the best comparison 😂

Could of mentioned the fact the Mark was in love with an uptown girl yet he’s gay 😂 I know that bands sing songs with no relevance to them but I would say 99% of the songs little mix sing have relevance to them x
I think you’re thinking too deeply into it and giving them way more credit than they deserve musically... I love their songs but they’re about as personal to them as a movie is to an actor, most musicians are complete frauds and a product. Beyoncé doesn’t even write her own songs but gets credit for everything, even Cardi B... someone else ghostwrites her raps... it’s a very corrupt industry!

Reactions: 13
I think you’re thinking too deeply into it and giving them way more credit than they deserve musically... I love their songs but they’re about as personal to them as a movie is to an actor, most musicians are complete frauds and a product. Beyoncé doesn’t even write her own songs but gets credit for everything, even Cardi B... someone else ghostwrites her raps... it’s a very corrupt industry!
I get that and I probably am haha I do enjoy their music and do enjoy watching them. I think I’m just sick of the whole Zayn breakup thing and just all the breakup songs in general.

They just seem to be feeding into the fact people know them as the band who one of them dated Zayn which they don’t deserve, and people slag them off because of these songs - especially in the music/fashion world.

I wish they did more songs like summer love song or like woman like me. Like girl power just without the slagging off

Reactions: 6
I like little mix, they seem genuinely nice girls and seem to get on well which is unheard of in a girl band! However I do wonder about Jesys outfits, she is such a pretty girl and I do agree you should be able to wear what you like, but she would look so much better in more flattering outfits like the other girls wear, the only thing I can think of is she thinks the more revealing the outfit the more she can show she isn’t “fat” ( she really isn’t). in her documentary she was pulling at an outfit saying the baggy bit of it made her look like she had a fat tummy, maybe she thinks the tighter the outfit/ more revealing it is, “ proves” to her critics she isn’t fat?

Reactions: 12
Something is definitely going on with the band I think.

just seen their latest video and found it strange that Jesy wasn’t in the ‘transition’part of the video, and the bits she is in she looks miserable imo.

I like their music and think they have great somgs are good entertainers, you can tell Perrie loves
Performing whereas I don’t get that with vibe with jesy.

hope they sort out whatever issue is going on.

Reactions: 7
It just seems abit weird like Leigh’s been in a relationship for 4 years now and now engaged
Jade was dating Jed for 3 years up until last year, ended on good terms, now dating Jordan and Jesy her past two relationships have been quite longand ended on good terms.
If I had been dating someone for 4 years and they were singing about their ex I would be abit pissed off.
Maybe it’s just me and I’m just sick of the breakup songs and I'm not gonna act like their innocent, they know it’s gonna get spun into being about zayn. I was excited for the new album because I thought after not another breakup song there would be no more breakup songs but clearly not 😂

Also it wasn’t attack on Perrie not letting go, it’s the fact that they still sing about their ex’s whist being a new relationship, it just seems like they need to let go as bar Jesy they had all been in 4 years relationships/just got out a 3 year one when the most recent song was released and the lyrics don’t exactly fit Jed anyways
Yes well their most recent song isn't by written by them and songwriters don't have to write in the present or even about their own experiences. Look at Taylor Swift's Folklore for eg, not written about her life at all.

They aren't going to stop singing and writing break up songs as those are very popular in the pop genre.

I think It’s just relatable for listeners as a lot of people go through breakups? Girl power and all that

Reactions: 7
I get that and I probably am haha I do enjoy their music and do enjoy watching them. I think I’m just sick of the whole Zayn breakup thing and just all the breakup songs in general.

They just seem to be feeding into the fact people know them as the band who one of them dated Zayn which they don’t deserve, and people slag them off because of these songs - especially in the music/fashion world.

I wish they did more songs like summer love song or like woman like me. Like girl power just without the slagging off
Have you listened to their most recent album? Because I think you will find what you are looking for. Try Gloves Up, Happiness, Confetti, My Love Won't Let you down.

Reactions: 9
Have you listened to their most recent album? Because I think you will find what you are looking for. Try Gloves Up, Happiness, Confetti, My Love Won't Let you down.
I haven’t yet haha, I probably should seeing I’ve got tickets to see them, I think sweet melody put me off a little, I love not another pop song and holiday so definitely give it a go and try them first thank you xx

You missed off If You Want My Love.... takes me back to school discos!

Reactions: 3
They won the X factor in 2011, it will be 9 years in December 😮 they’ve done well to make it this far and it wouldn’t be surprising if one of them leaves soon or takes a break, that is a long time.
agreed, and I think they have been overworked by syco.. a few years ago jesy posted a video of her in tears as she had just got home from touring and had to re pack the next day to go off again. Album after album, tour after tour. All to make money for Cowell. Made to have social media in order to “ communicate with fans” if they were my daughters I wouldn’t have wanted that for them. They have been used and exploited

Reactions: 5
It’s a great album but the first half is MUCH stronger than the second half. ‘Happiness’ is quickly becoming one of my top 5 little mix songs and is literally in my head pretty much 24/7! The sales for both LM and Kylie are insane this week so congrats to them both. I think they’re both close to 50k and the #3 is on 5k!

It’s a great album but the first half is MUCH stronger than the second half. ‘Happiness’ is quickly becoming one of my top 5 little mix songs and is literally in my head pretty much 24/7! The sales for both LM and Kylie are insane this week so congrats to them both. I think they’re both close to 50k and the #3 is on 5k!
Gloves Up and Not Another Pop Song are my faves at the mo. Gloves Up Sounds very Chandelier-esque

Something is definitely going on with the band I think.

just seen their latest video and found it strange that Jesy wasn’t in the ‘transition’part of the video, and the bits she is in she looks miserable imo.

I like their music and think they have great somgs are good entertainers, you can tell Perrie loves
Performing whereas I don’t get that with vibe with jesy.

hope they sort out whatever issue is going on.
I just watched the video and your're right, they didn't add Jesy to the transition bits. I wonder if she wasn't there for that part of the shoot for some reason, or, she refused to? The vid also cuts away from her abruptly so I wonder what went on.

They really do sound good together though, they've always had brilliant harmonies.

• Sad
Happiness sounds like something from the late 90s. Not saying that's a bad thing

Also it wasn’t attack on Perrie not letting go, it’s the fact that they still sing about their ex’s whist being a new relationship, it just seems like they need to let go as bar Jesy they had all been in 4 years relationships/just got out a 3 year one when the most recent song was released and the lyrics don’t exactly fit Jed anyways
I don’t think they write at all tbh. I think after the split with zayn they were marketed as the girls who sing about break ups/ head boys/feminists. They are heavily lmarketed towards teenage girls. That’s their USP. Now I think since they left sycoethey are trying to appeal to an older audience and be more mature. They are nearing their 30’s so the dumped teenage girl songs aren’t ringing true so they are doing the search to look more talented vocalists if you see what I mean. And they are very talented singers. But they need to find their own genre and stick to it. It’s all a big random with them

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.