Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I’ve only just mustered up the energy to try talking about how fucking awful her post about suicide awareness is and I’m still furious so I apologise in advance if this comes off all over the place.

As someone who’s attempted suicide multiple times (and as recently as earlier this year) and has depression, anxiety and CPTSD, I’m furious by the ignorance.

She clearly doesn’t understand shit about mental illness and the elements that play into it (e.g. social inequalities). It’s not as simple as “no one can change your life except for you.”

Not everyone has access to the resources she does should she ever need them. Mental health care is extremely difficult to get on the NHS and services are limited due to funding cuts. There are many that don’t exist anymore because the funding for them stopped.

She’s got a huge platform. She needs to use it responsibility by educating herself and stop peddling her toxic positivity bullshit onto everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 79

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I’m increasingly inclined to agree with poster who thinks Laura might have PND. As mu as I am not a fan of hers, she is acting really weirdly. So defensive and insistent that she can do everything. Also the way she went after that journalist and the way she is reacting to LI criticism it’s just so over the top and ill advised. She must have people telling her to stop, step away from socials and just get herself together and she must be ignoring that advice. I found that clip painful, Iain is like a puppy that’s scared of getting kicked. You can see his facial expression change from hope to discomfort.
In a tiny way, I hope for her sake it is because at least then there’s a chance she’ll get better and maybe not come across like a bitch…

But I’m not so sure it is that with her. Mental health is blamed for a lot of dickish behaviour and more and more people seem to use it as an excuse to treat people however they feel. I had it too and it was even worse than the depression I’ve had on and off for years. But it didn’t change my entire personality and make me regularly act out of character. I’m not sure this behaviour only started after daughter was born - the going to the Brits in a mini-dress days after her “friend Caroline” died, the dancing on the bed at getting the LI gig/provoking pap at the South African Airport was before she was even pregnant and and her attitude on Strictly was years ago. I’m not having a pop at anyone’s opinion, just stating that mine is she’s an out of control narc who is unable to control the narrative rather than someone with PND.

• Heart
Reactions: 54

MidnightRambler

VIP Member
This would be PRICELESS if the last part is true... through a friend I am told that the PopBitch office have received a number of e-mails last night / this morning about Whitmore and the tube station. All claiming she didnt actually get on the train 😂 It seems a few passengers have gotten in touch to say she was getting her photo taken on the platform, posing on the seats and then as if getting on at least one train. They were there a short while taking pics.

One of the comments was that 'I'm sure one girl passenger was filming it' - imagine if that's true and the footage of her faking it finds it way online. Amazing.

I totally believe it though.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
I reported her for an undisclosed ad for that ridiculous booze (Muff Liqour) and the ASA said the complaint was valid and both her and the company would be contacted 🙌🥳

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 44

aidil

VIP Member
U2. Hozier. Louis Walsh. Rosanna Davidson. Ryan Tubridy. Ray D'Arcy. Kathryn Thomas. Pat Kenny. Jedward. Dermot Kennedy. Katie Taylor.

None of these Irish people ever felt the need to move to London to do well. Why did she?
Are you okay?

• Haha
Reactions: 43

KuntyChopsMcghee

I can't be bothered with the goody two shoes type who like to give you a soundbite telling you how you could change your circumstances if you just did e,x,z! Yeah, well, I have some important information I'd like to share with those assholes. THE WHOLE POINT OF MENTAL ILLNESS MEANS YOU OFTEN CANT DO A, B and C, never mind bloody X, Y & FUCKING Z! If only it was as simple as that, eh?

And as for Laura's statement on "having a bad day." News for you Laura, it's not just one bad day, it's many, many bad days one after the other until you are exhausted fighting them and you don't want to do it anymore. When you are at the point it's impossible to know that "tomorrow might not be so bad" because the one's before for weeks, months and sometimes years, were so awful so how will tomorrow be any different?

Bored of celebs, and sometimes regular folks, spouting shite about mental illness when they've done little actual research apart from reading a few virtual signaling posts on social media. Honestly, I don't think that realise that they are doing more harm than good.

• Heart

Love_hate_small_town

Chatty Member
I hate those sort of pictures too. I know the child is perfectly safe, but it looks bad. Poor wee Stevie. She didn’t consent to a naff “baby on the booze” pic. Laura and hubby think they’re so witty, they’re really not.
Love being reintroduced to the word ‘naff’ 🧡

Also hate the following, one of which the whitmore is already guilty of, the other I anticipate seeing soon.

Implying your BABY is reading/ writing/ acquiring some other skill they are not physically capable of. Ahem.

Dressing your child in a band T-shirt (the clash/ Ramones seem to be a popular choice in my extended baby spam circle) or posting a pic or video of them ‘enjoying’ the music. Your baby likes Disney lullaby playlist on Spotify like every other baby.

Oh and I hope so hard that she has another baby and it’s a pain in the arse. She’s said that [name redacted] is a ‘good’ baby. One of my hobbies is allowing first time parents to waffle on about how their first born is so chilled and goes with the flow and, you know, just fits in with their lives. The implication being that it is they who are chilled. It’s thanks to them and their naturally perfect parenting that [name redacted] is so perfect. Then the second one comes along and they realise it had feck all to do with them. It’s a divine spectacle.

• Haha
  • Heart

Eureka

VIP Member
She was a bitch long before she had the baby. Just ask anyone who was unlucky enough to work with her in Ireland. Can’t blame this one on depression I’m afraid although she probably will if she thinks it might help her get a job.

Reactions: 41
She's a sell-out so she is.

Here's what I would have done. Finished college. Applied for work with RTÉ, TV3 or a radio station and done maybe one to three years with them, and THEN considered moving to London.
Why? What merit would that have won her, when she seemingly could skip the process of dogs jobs and minimum wage by entering an MTV competition? Also, she did finish college and she then worked at Newstalk for a while.

Honestly, Eoin, your old-fashioned backwards ideas are forcing me to defend LW, who I actively despise. Have a word with yourself

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Miffy29

VIP Member
Screenshot_20211024-142433_Instagram.jpg

Shes off again. Stop posting pics of your front door and local tube station then Laura 🙄

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39

JH45

All this toxic positivity really bothers me. I’m a mental health pharmacist in a psych hospital. I don’t see any of these posters on the wall. . Nor Laura’s book as reading material.
Laura could do with doing a course with Jigsaw and then I might respect her insight

• Heart
Reactions: 39

No_f_in_clue

Chatty Member
Jesus she has made world suicide prevention day into another rant all about herself
"If you've had a bad day, I promise tomorrow will be better"....is she suggesting people commit suicide because they had a bad day?? And how does she know tomorrow will be better?

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 38

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
Let’s face it, Laura only has the LI job because she is married to the voiceover man. She was handy and available in a pinch when Caroline needed a speedy replacement. She was also inoffensive, uncomplicated and not controversial; everything they needed at the time. But she is BAD and the fans of the show don’t like her. As the show goes on we see how bland, uninterested and up her own arse she is. She lacks every bit of character, pull and charm that Caroline had - and add to that her dancing around with glee at securing the job when Caroline was going through the worst time of her life. She is a cold cold person, ultra defensive and the uncomplicated girl they hired who avoided controversy has now turned into a petty and antagonistic arsehole full of her own self importance. She probably does have the LI gig this year because I have no doubt whatsoever that she licks the absolute hole of those who she deems worthy enough and can do her favours. And as for living in the UK, it’s not far away enough imo. A thoroughly undeserving, talentless and unlikable person who no one will ever like as much as she likes herself. That is my opinion. Period 🤟🏼

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 37