Laura Whitmore #4 Get yer one off the telly!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Poor Iain, how does he put up with her. She's always so bitter, angry and negative not to mention self absorbed. Even her atrocious word salad about suicide prevention day is all me me me me me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 26
Oh dear Laura. No one is attacking you because you're a woman. They're criticising you because you're crap at your job and a self-centred piece of work. That post says it all tbh. Always has to be about her. She's lost a friend to suicide, how the duck can she be so tone deaf?

Reactions: 29
I’ve only just mustered up the energy to try talking about how bleeping awful her post about suicide awareness is and I’m still furious so I apologise in advance if this comes off all over the place.

As someone who’s attempted suicide multiple times (and as recently as earlier this year) and has depression, anxiety and CPTSD, I’m furious by the ignorance.

She clearly doesn’t understand tit about mental illness and the elements that play into it (e.g. social inequalities). It’s not as simple as “no one can change your life except for you.”

Not everyone has access to the resources she does should she ever need them. Mental health care is extremely difficult to get on the NHS and services are limited due to funding cuts. There are many that don’t exist anymore because the funding for them stopped.

She’s got a huge platform. She needs to use it responsibility by educating herself and stop peddling her toxic positivity bullshit onto everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 79
I don't have kids and I don't mean to shame anyone's parenting style (unless of course the kid is in danger) but I've always hated these kind of pictures, when it looks like the babby is on the booze.

Screenshot 2021-09-12 at 08.29.05.png

Reactions: 14
Couldn’t agree more. I work in this area and even after my education and training I would never put some blanket statement up online because it can be really harmful.

I’m sick of these celebs who think having come through some mini crisis gives them an expert opinion on how to talk to people who are really struggling.
There’s an influencer (or maybe Instagrammer, I always get them muddled up), Katie Hayes who has been known to impart such wonderful tips as if you feel low, get up in the morning and make your bed and you’ll have a better day. And there was an article shared on the the Jack Monroe thread with ‘Top 10 songs to cheer you up when you feel down’ (@heretoreaditall2019 was that the Breakthrough mag, can you remember?) Neither of those are unreasonable if you’re feeling low or a bit out of sorts but people don’t seem to distinguish it, it’s a blanket message from a lot of people who talk about depression or anxiety without having much insight or experience in it

I really bleeping hate the way she’s talking about Caroline here, without actually naming her - she knows she is no position to talk about Caroline but can’t help herself. Using Caroline’s memory to try to garner sympathy for herself and at the same time using it as an opportunity to fire a shot across the bows at ‘the media’- URGH. It’s so disgusting.

So calculated, shows there’s no low to which she won’t stoop. She has crammed a lot of nuggets in the message as well eg, ‘those who employ me know the truth’ (paraphrasing). Trying to bluff her job is secure?

She has basically taken an important day and used it to issue a public warning to the media to back off or else. I hope the media don’t lose their nerve - I hope they continue to call her out where it’s due.
How can she promise tomorrow will be better? How can she turn that around to be all about her? She is a bleeping horror.

I had a period last year of pretty regular thoughts of suicide. I know that if I really wanted to take my own life, I would have at least tried but that seemed to make my thought process harder to deal with. I’ve had depression at varying levels for a lot of years and I’d got so tired of it. That coupled with a diagnosis of my son I couldn’t deal with and taking a medication that not only wasn’t working but was playing havoc with my weight, I could not believe even my husband when I said tomorrow would be better.

Depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain that can’t be cured by positive thinking, lavender, listening to ‘Walking on Sunshine’ or making our bed every morning alone. Of course we all have things we know improve our mood but you have to get to that level in the first place. I’m sick of these people putting out patronising sound bites on something they know duck all about.

I haven’t had a suicidal thought for a while now, I was scared of the ‘wash out’ involved in trying another anti-depressant but the Psychiatrist who told me I wouldn’t feel better on any other medication and they were running out of things for me to try left and his replacement tried me on a new one and it’s made a huge difference. It’s not all sunshine and tweeting birds but THAT gives me as much of a guarantee that tomorrow will likely be ok and that’s good enough for me.

Sending you all lots of love ♥

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I don't have kids and I don't mean to shame anyone's parenting style (unless of course the kid is in danger) but I've always hated these kind of pictures, when it looks like the babby is on the booze.

View attachment 758663
I hate those sort of pictures too. I know the child is perfectly safe, but it looks bad. Poor wee Stevie. She didn’t consent to a naff “baby on the booze” pic. Laura and hubby think they’re so witty, they’re really not.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
after turning Suicide Prevention Day about her

AND EVERYTHING ELSE

Laura is taking a VERY dangerous gamble with her career prospects

which will blow in her face when ITV let her go

and other work drops away

Reactions: 6
I keep having to remind myself of her track record BEFORE she was pregnant, cos ya just know she is going to blame any LI career blip on PND or the oppression of working mammas.

Reactions: 4
I keep having to remind myself of her track record BEFORE she was pregnant, cos ya just know she is going to blame any LI career blip on PND or the oppression of working mammas.
just remember what a diva she was on Strictly. Horrible horrible person

Reactions: 8
I get Meghan Markle vibes from Laura Whitmore. An only child (with half siblings), pretty, spoiled and outgoing. The apple of everyone's eyes early on. Gets some success and thinks they can rest on their laurels, that they've reached their rightful place in the world. So instead of keeping working hard, they sit back, feel entitled to their success and can't believe that some other people don't recognise their brilliance.

Reactions: 29
What did she do on strictly? I only remember my frankly embarrassing lust for Ed Balls that year 🤣🤪
She’s said since that her time on Strictly wasn’t a happy one and that she resented having to go to premieres etc with Giovanni outside of training (who was in the middle of a split with Georgia at the time). Fast forward a few years with a new baby and that’s still what she’s doing? She can’t hate it that much.

She was by no means a terrible dancer but I think she thought she was better than she was. I remember finding her and Giovanni quite unlikeable as a couple.

Edited to add that looking at Wikipedia she was the same series as Daisy Lowe who was lovely and bubbly in comparison

Reactions: 16
What did she do on strictly? I only remember my frankly embarrassing lust for Ed Balls that year 🤣🤪
There was just something very superior about her. She felt she was better than Strictly and it seemed she was looking down her nose. She was horrible on it. . I really disliked her from then on

Reactions: 10
Thanks guys.

I think I blocked her appearance out of my mind as she's so ghastly. She was lucky to get lovely Gio who is a great choreographer.

This what I can't grasp about her. She moans about intrusions but goes on the biggest dance show on TV. It's weird.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.