Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MrsCranky

VIP Member
Oh you lot are determined to make me whinge again aren't you with being so blooming lovely 🥰🥰
Massive hugs whether you want 1 or not!
I do hope everyone is alright though and thank you again ❤❤

Sorry for being a soppy sod!
Mrs Ems and Mrs Cranky, stop falling over ffs!! Goodness me!! I can just about keep myself upright nevermind you 2 as well!! (I'm just teasing xx I do hope you're both alright!)
Lots of love to you all xxx
Ive had to go to hospital to have my head checked out because I felt a little strange. I have had a concussion. My friend took me because I was behaving strangely. She's staying with me for a few days. We've had a cry today

I'm okay now lovely. How are you feeling?. Love MrsC xxxx

Think so, think she is having a time out from here.
Glad you are on the mend husband. Can I still call you that? Love MrsC xxxx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Afternoon all :)

Grey here too, washing machine is having a huffy day (pipe has dropped off the back, leaking water everywhere) in fairness, I did ask one of my lot, then another, then another :rolleyes::sneaky: to have a look at it a few days back.

When it's on it's final spin, the machine is beginning to move, so I wanted them to check it was all ok and make sure the legs are down right.

Same old :poop::rolleyes: yeah, I'll have a look later.......

Well now, there's no machine on, got two messages to make sure certain clothing items are all ready and um, er, I'll have to look later 🤭;)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8

Harrigan

VIP Member
Thank you Facey and MrsEms.

I saw a comical sight this afternoon going to the hospital. Dolly close your ears you’ve already heard it. A lady was walking her tiny dog. I realised the poor thing only had 3 legs. It went to cock it’s leg on the fence railing and because it only had 3 legs looked like it was doing a handstand. Anyway I thought it was funny but sad at the same time.

Sending my love to you all and BiffasBeemer and Jersey Girl and MrsC.
Harri xxx

• Heart

Rita Chevrolet

VIP Member
Ahh Rita, your animals, girlie piggys, fields...its all so beautiful 😍
Yes I am blessed to have this right outside my door, to live in rural splendour :) When I go back to UK to see the kids it fair drives me bonkers in suburbia with the chaos, the crowds everywhere, noise and there never being a real night-time like I have here due to the streetlights.
One of my boys recently moved away to Horsham (yes he knows who lives near there and is on the lookout for it LOL) and even there he's now saying that they're actually thinking of finding a place with no neighbours in the middle of nowhere because the neighbour he's inherited is a complete twat. He said if he'd known this they never would have bought the place but of course the sellers are not going to tell you "BTW the neighbour is an asshole!" are they? Its too much of a vested interest for them of course. For me, I could never go back to suburban life now, actually I doubt I could even live in UK anymore either as every aspect I see on the telly or online etc just makes me either cross or despair for my children over there :( I have become a frog haha!
I shouldn't be surprised at becoming a Froggy really because wading back through my heritage on Ancestry theres at least twenty knights who went Over There with Bill the Conq and actually William himself is a GGF of mine, yet the most bizarre thing was discovering one family line were Lords presiding over the tiny hamlet where our first house was where you could see the remains of their castle from our doorstep - we'd bought it and I never even knew :) Maybe that explains why I felt at home here from the first time we came on holiday here with all the kids? (re-invading as it were LOL) 🇫🇷
Horny Mike is the goat - he has to be tethered because he'd do a bunk (hence how he was found lost in a forest, rescued and brought to me), but he is moved every other day and has his daytime house for shelter plus his shed;
The pigs are Poppy, Fern, Maman and Lucy - all rescues too
Barnaby is my dear old donk
Thene theres the ratbag geese - William and (C)Raptor.

there you go :)

• Heart

MrsEms

VIP Member
Sorry Mrs Ems hope you're ok... 😪
I hope its not spoilt your holiday...xxx
I've got a viewing on my house tommorow so I'm in a mad panic now.. stuffing things into cupboards and moving cats and dogs stuff and shoving toys into random places .🙄
Ahh, I know that feeling well. Your car boot is also a good hiding place, as is a shed, washing machine and tumble dryer...of course the house is big enough🤷‍♀️😂

I'll be ok hopefully. I've enjoyed myself and could stay here forever!

Goodluck with your viewing🤞😘

Sorry 265...my post got a little muddled up there...fecking gremlins😂

• Heart

Harrigan

VIP Member
Morning dolly, I'm loving this new krustiebums nickname you've given us🤣! I'm voting for this new as our new name as it's the first time I've ever had a bum...I have a flarse...flat arse🤦🏻‍♀️😂

Morning everyone! Harri, you'll have to tell me about your pasta sauce, I'm in need of some new pasta recipes xxx
Morning lovey

well I’m not a great cook and have had a few disasters of late but this is my recipe for basic vegetable tomato sauce for pasta either dry or with broth

Ingredients

Half an onion
1 small courgette
Handful of frozen peas
1 large tin chopped plum tomatoes
1 jar tomato passata
Plenty fresh basil
Small carrot
Half stick celery
Salt and pepper

Method

In large saucepan add a few tablespoons olive oil. Chop the carrot, celery and onion finely and add to the oil. Cook until you smell the aroma, do not brown the mixture. Add half garlic clove to give extra flavour to oil. Do not brown.

In a colander put the frozen peas and run hot water over them until they are free of ice. Drain well and add to the hot oil, beware they might spit! Add plenty of pepper and stir well. Keep stirring and cook on medium heat for a few minutes.

Add the chopped tomatoes, passata, plenty chopped basil and salt and pepper to taste.

Add the chopped courgette, it should be in small cubes, Bring mixture to boil and cook on medium heat until the courgettes and peas are cooked, about 40 minutes. You can check with a fork to see if courgettes and peas are tender or just test a teaspoon of mixture.

Keep stirring mixture from time to time. If it seems to be getting very dry add a little water.

I like to serve this sauce with spaghetti or penne and it’s very good with pasta in broth.

Hope this is ok MrsEms,

Are your floating orbs alright today?
Harri xxx

• Heart

Rita Chevrolet

VIP Member
My wife is from malta....
I have internet mates there, one that I like to call my little Maltese Sister :) We have had some lovely holidays there too but it won't be full of Russians now will it? :) I saw the most hideous grotesque sight in my life there once - a fat old Russian bloke wearing a thong, glistening with oil like a whale in an oilslick; Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I would love a tumble dryer not enough room though so use either washing line under car port or this cheap drying stand in piano room.

As Dolly mentioned yesterday the sun is the greatest natural bleach for your clothes especially whites. A spray of Ariel on your dirty gusset also works wonders.
I won't have one irrespective of having space for it because I've had THREE catch fire on me from the internal fluff they collect. It worries me that people put them on overnight because they ignite readily but I'm just glad I was nearby when mine when up! Scary stuff

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
Thank you for your lovely warm welcome. After the fun and games last week, I'm absolutely nothing to do with KP, don't know her and wouldn't want to. Love all the pictures of your beautiful furry friends. When I get myself sorted out, I'm going to adopt an older cat as at my age, I would worry about a young feline outlasting me.
Ben I’m an oldie 75 actually well,nearly.☺Old croney I am.God I detest that Skanky have you read her Wiki?it’s top of the page on the skanky thread.

• Heart

Facehugger

VIP Member
Thank you very much Love from Pom 🥰😀❤💖🥰🤗😘 xx.

Thank you and that's lovely to hear..it's good to make people smile❤💖🥰🤗👽🐾😘 xx

That's a good pic...I make that now for you then I be back on my usual time 🥰❤💖👽🐾💕😘 xx.

View attachment 1269411

That's ok I knew what you mean lol 😄😄❤🥰👽🐾💕😘 xx.
I'm always happy to make any pics and I do like your new one..let me know if you need anything changing Love Pom 😀👍🥰❤😄💖🤗👽🐾😘 xx
Oh nowthen, he'd have looked wonderful riding into Wrestlemania 38 on his quad wearing that beauty Pom, that's fab, thank you soooo much! I can wash his old one now and he can wear that for a bit for the Summer, thank you very much my friend 🤣🤣 love and hugs to you, always 👽🤗❤😘🐕🐾😘💗 xxxx

ETA bugger, my change avatar box has greyed itself out again, lol, I'll have to put him on in a bit xxxx

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Afternoon all. Hope everyone is keeping well. I ventured out for my first walk this week….back is still not 💯 but I needed to start doing something so a slightly shorter walk round Windsor GP today. Had a lot of the deer closer to us today. And all that rain yesterday has definitely kick started some blooming in the garden 🤗

Attachments

• Heart

Bensler

Hi everyone, just a quick hello to all you lovely people. New but lurked for a long time and feel I know you all. Message for @Dollylovesshoes - just seen a programme on Channel 5 tomorrow at 9pm. It's Jay Blades, No Place Like Home, and it's about his childhood in the East End. The trailer looked good, just thought you might be interested. Take care everyone....x

• Heart

MrsEms

VIP Member
Salut! Talking of terrible drivers I found one in the petrol station when I went in the other day then I got stuck behind her farting about.

It was a Twingo of course - they are notorious here - out steps a little old lady of about 90 who was all of three feet tall who then proceeded to go through ALL her keys searching for the petrol cap one until after about five minutes the bloke in front of me was so pissed-off he got out and went to sort her out. He finds the key and opens the cap then walks away, then she starts deciding whether she wants diesel, unleaded or gas - cue more faff, bloke goes back and decides she wants unleaded then fills her car, puts the cap back on gives her the key and goes back to his car again. (I'm sitting there watching this performance btw) The she opens the boot & pulls out a petrol can when I can see the bloke in front shaking his head in disbelief, he gets out again to sort her out does her petrol can then gets back in his own car - only to find she's somehow lost her bloody keys in the three seconds since he left her. FGS!!! Back out again "Silly me" she says "They're here in my pocket!" Bloke walks away again casting a FFS look in my direction, old lady climbs up into her Twingo, tries every single key until she sticks the right one in the keyhole and kangaroos the car across the forecourt because she'd left it in gear! Finally having chosen A Gear she lurches to the paypoint, spends five minutes remembering her card number then cuts up another vehicle as she launches herself out of the garage without looking!

OMG! There is no way she should be driving after seeing that lot. I tell you this , if I ever think I'm that flipping divvy I will willingly hand in my licence!! C'est la vie! ;)
You just reminded me of a fabulous old lady I saw a couple of months back, she was certainly not your usual elderly driver! She was awesome and if I was a driver and her age I'd like to think I'd be like her🤣
We were crossing the carpark and watched this gorgeous sporty fiat Abarth drive in pretty fast with very loud pumping music! The driver got out and it was this little glamorous old lady, late 80s! So cool😎

Awwww sounds fabby Ems you watch yer teef,my sisinlaw used to do new potatoes with bacon wrapped round them some sauce over them let marinate for while then bbq them (cooked pos before though) so they wasn’t hard.they were lovely.
Oooh that sounds nice, I was going to par boil them and roast in olive oil and seasoning though normally I make a potato salad. I'll see...I'm thinking minimal effort tbh😂

Hugger, I've been cutting everything up into tiny pieces...did it with a sandwich yesterday and nearly lost the will to live! Plus I looked like a dickhead🤣 on the plus side I might lose the covid stone😁

• Heart

Harrigan

VIP Member
Morning all

Turned out nice today it seems.

Washing today. Last day of premier league.

A question to all shoe lovers. What’s the point of those sky high sandals which only have a thin strap at the front and thin strap round ankle. I’m assuming they don’t give you much support? Anyway I won’t be buying any soon, I need comfort and traction and big toe coverage, the number of times I’ve stubbed my toe!

have a good day

Attachments

• Haha

Rita Chevrolet

VIP Member
No, I think the young Ukrainian woman has probably done the wife a favour!
Just what I was thinking! He certainly ain't no oil painting and was obviously that way inclined long before the refugee came his way - the missus is well-rid imo. Just wait till he comes a-grovelling back when girlfriend has dumped him for a better model :)

Hello all though! Look on today as my son's birthday rather than it's birthday;
I've just had a horrible thought though - imagine he's out having a nice lunch around Horsham with his family and dat fing bursts in with the gob flapping to ruin the occasion?

• Haha