Krusties #14 Gardening bits, feathered tits & germ warfare kits

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning Dolly and all Krusties…all good here….just about to head off to the garden centre coz I need more compost to finish planting my 🍅 and 🌶 into their big pots. We used to have two compost bins but had to get rid of them coz the 🐀 🐀 discovered them and burrowed underneath and ate everything I was throwing in 🤦‍♀️🤣. Lovely @Pom Bear when you get time could you please make me one of your wonderful VIP badges? 😘😘😘 thank you 😘😘😘
Naughty ratties,morning my dear,it feel chillywilly here,Dave was out,then on windowledge asked him to come in he did the bugger then walked straight to back door and out again.The bugger.I’m sure dear @Pom Bear will do you a Vippy badge.❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Morning all

ironing today and making pasta sauce, this is the glamour life!

I caught end of Hawkeye and The Last of the Mohicans this morning. I enjoyed it, good family fun but very outdated in its views. Funny seeing Lon Chaney JR playing a goodie for a change.

weather can’t seem to make its mind up, is it going to be warm and dry or cold and rainy?

Before I go thank you to Staple and Rita for your best wishes, hope I haven’t forgotten anyone if so I apologise but I appreciate everybody’s kindness so much

Take care and have a good day
Love Harri xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Morning Krustiebums.Hope all ok.
Morning dolly, I'm loving this new krustiebums nickname you've given us🤣! I'm voting for this new as our new name as it's the first time I've ever had a bum...I have a flarse...flat arse🤦🏻‍♀️😂

Morning everyone! Harri, you'll have to tell me about your pasta sauce, I'm in need of some new pasta recipes xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Morning dolly, I'm loving this new krustiebums nickname you've given us🤣! I'm voting for this new as our new name as it's the first time I've ever had a bum...I have a flarse...flat arse🤦🏻‍♀️😂

Morning everyone! Harri, you'll have to tell me about your pasta sauce, I'm in need of some new pasta recipes xxx
Morning lovey

well I’m not a great cook and have had a few disasters of late but this is my recipe for basic vegetable tomato sauce for pasta either dry or with broth

Ingredients

Half an onion
1 small courgette
Handful of frozen peas
1 large tin chopped plum tomatoes
1 jar tomato passata
Plenty fresh basil
Small carrot
Half stick celery
Salt and pepper

Method

In large saucepan add a few tablespoons olive oil. Chop the carrot, celery and onion finely and add to the oil. Cook until you smell the aroma, do not brown the mixture. Add half garlic clove to give extra flavour to oil. Do not brown.

In a colander put the frozen peas and run hot water over them until they are free of ice. Drain well and add to the hot oil, beware they might spit! Add plenty of pepper and stir well. Keep stirring and cook on medium heat for a few minutes.

Add the chopped tomatoes, passata, plenty chopped basil and salt and pepper to taste.

Add the chopped courgette, it should be in small cubes, Bring mixture to boil and cook on medium heat until the courgettes and peas are cooked, about 40 minutes. You can check with a fork to see if courgettes and peas are tender or just test a teaspoon of mixture.

Keep stirring mixture from time to time. If it seems to be getting very dry add a little water.

I like to serve this sauce with spaghetti or penne and it’s very good with pasta in broth.

Hope this is ok MrsEms,

Are your floating orbs alright today?
Harri xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Nice fine day outside, having a rest for now after yesterday which was quite a good
day at work. Getting that front lawn cut later in the day, amazing how much it's
grown in the past 3 weeks. The back lawn looks okay but that also needs a cut and
the edging needs doing. I need to clear a path to my sheds, a lot of weeds to pull
up and after the rain we've had that should be quit easy.

I'm quite shocked that the price of fuel has increased again, around my way the
main price is £1.71 which is about the same in London so no advantage getting my
fuel anywhere. I fear that it's going to go even higher, I can handle the price increase
as long as I get a good return on what I use.

Because of the price of fuel using my "Big Honda" is now a luxury, I've even considered
selling the bike but I've spent a lot of money on her and she's still good. The Honda is
such a great bike to ride and I'm so unsure what to do. For now I'm just going to use
her for the odd day, just to keep her in good shape.

Reactions: 5
Morning lovey

well I’m not a great cook and have had a few disasters of late but this is my recipe for basic vegetable tomato sauce for pasta either dry or with broth

Ingredients

Half an onion
1 small courgette
Handful of frozen peas
1 large tin chopped plum tomatoes
1 jar tomato passata
Plenty fresh basil
Small carrot
Half stick celery
Salt and pepper

Method

In large saucepan add a few tablespoons olive oil. Chop the carrot, celery and onion finely and add to the oil. Cook until you smell the aroma, do not brown the mixture. Add half garlic clove to give extra flavour to oil. Do not brown.

In a colander put the frozen peas and run hot water over them until they are free of ice. Drain well and add to the hot oil, beware they might spit! Add plenty of pepper and stir well. Keep stirring and cook on medium heat for a few minutes.

Add the chopped tomatoes, passata, plenty chopped basil and salt and pepper to taste.

Add the chopped courgette, it should be in small cubes, Bring mixture to boil and cook on medium heat until the courgettes and peas are cooked, about 40 minutes. You can check with a fork to see if courgettes and peas are tender or just test a teaspoon of mixture.

Keep stirring mixture from time to time. If it seems to be getting very dry add a little water.

I like to serve this sauce with spaghetti or penne and it’s very good with pasta in broth.

Hope this is ok MrsEms,

Are your floating orbs alright today?
Harri xxx
Oooh, that sounds yummy and healthy too😋 I use the soffritto with all my tomato based sauces now. Only really started to do it about 6 years ago! I got this on my ocado shop yesterday...its a bit of a naughty cheat but I thought if I need to knock up a quick pasta sauce when I've got extra guests it would come in handy😉 Don't tell anyone though🤫😂 Although I haven't tried it yet...it could be minging🤷‍♀️😬

Attachments

• Heart
Dolly, you know your onions and celery and carrot! xxx
Harri yes☺It’s like creole/Cajun cooking as such,their holy trinity is onions,celery and green pepper,I adore that food..I had it lots of times when I visited my aunt in Texas as she lived on border of Louisiana,home of Cajun and creole food.☺

Oooh, that sounds yummy and healthy too😋 I use the soffritto with all my tomato based sauces now. Only really started to do it about 6 years ago! I got this on my ocado shop yesterday...its a bit of a naughty cheat but I thought if I need to knock up a quick pasta sauce when I've got extra guests it would come in handy😉 Don't tell anyone though🤫😂 Although I haven't tried it yet...it could be minging🤷‍♀️😬
Ems I use it a lot that’s the frozen one isn’t it.?i use the fresh sofritto.It’s lovely.

• Heart
Harri yes☺It’s like creole/Cajun cooking as such,their holy trinity is onions,celery and green pepper,I adore that food..I had it lots of times when I visited my aunt in Texas as she lived on border of Louisiana,home of Cajun and creole food.☺

Ems I use it a lot that’s the frozen one isn’t it.?i use the fresh sofritto.It’s lovely.
Yes its frozen. I've never seen it before ready made and have always made it fresh but thought it would be a handy cheat if I'm in a rush. You know my lot are always inviting someone extra around my house for tea! I've always got tinned toms in the house...I over buy them like I do red onions😂

• Haha
Yes its frozen. I've never seen it before ready made and have always made it fresh but thought it would be a handy cheat if I'm in a rush. You know my lot are always inviting someone extra around my house for tea! I've always got tinned toms in the house...I over buy them like I do red onions😂
You can never have too many tinned tomatoes you can use them in sauces, soups, bloody mary, pizza, gazpacho etc. saying that dad likes to store a load of tins in his garage plus olive oil, wine and very old veg. I swear the other day the potatoes had that many eyes it was doing the crossword!

• Haha
  • Heart
Afternoon my friends 👽❤🤗😘 hope everyone's well today and having a good Saturday ❤ I've done basic chores today but that's it, I'm having a chill out this afternoon with my big black hairy fella, I shall move for a coffee now & that's it! 🤣 have a good afternoon whatever you're up to lovely Krustiebummers 😘 xx

• Heart
People are talking food and it's a bit much for the "Meat and potatoes" guy I am 🤭

Buggering off outside, it's warm with a nice breeze.

• Haha
You can never have too many tinned tomatoes you can use them in sauces, soups, bloody mary, pizza, gazpacho etc. saying that dad likes to store a load of tins in his garage plus olive oil, wine and very old veg. I swear the other day the potatoes had that many eyes it was doing the crossword!
Pmsl Harri,I adore my tin Toms.Good olive oil as well.

Afternoon my friends 👽❤🤗😘 hope everyone's well today and having a good Saturday ❤ I've done basic chores today but that's it, I'm having a chill out this afternoon with my big black hairy fella, I shall move for a coffee now & that's it! 🤣 have a good afternoon whatever you're up to lovely Krustiebummers 😘 xx
Awww Facey,big fat hairy !duck it’s not a tarantula is it.?🥴😳🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
People are talking food and it's a bit much for the "Meat and potatoes" guy I am 🤭

Buggering off outside, it's warm with a nice breeze.
Don't forget the pizza and pot noodles! 🤣 Laters Captain 👍

• Haha
Me and the hub have gone for flat breads in a big way. We tried these piadine from Waitrose and they were lovely toasted, also pit her bread. The only trouble was I get my flat bread stuck in the toaster as it curls up when you brown it. I like it nice and crispy!

• Haha
  • Heart
Me and the hub have gone for flat breads in a big way. We tried these piadine from Waitrose and they were lovely toasted, also pit her bread. The only trouble was I get my flat bread stuck in the toaster as it curls up when you brown it. I like it nice and crispy!
If it’s Pitta Harri just warm it apparently..☺I adore garlic bread though,I always made my own,can’t be bothered these days,much preferred my own though.

• Heart
Nice fine day outside, having a rest for now after yesterday which was quite a good
day at work. Getting that front lawn cut later in the day, amazing how much it's
grown in the past 3 weeks. The back lawn looks okay but that also needs a cut and
the edging needs doing. I need to clear a path to my sheds, a lot of weeds to pull
up and after the rain we've had that should be quit easy.

I'm quite shocked that the price of fuel has increased again, around my way the
main price is £1.71 which is about the same in London so no advantage getting my
fuel anywhere. I fear that it's going to go even higher, I can handle the price increase
as long as I get a good return on what I use.

Because of the price of fuel using my "Big Honda" is now a luxury, I've even considered
selling the bike but I've spent a lot of money on her and she's still good. The Honda is
such a great bike to ride and I'm so unsure what to do. For now I'm just going to use
her for the odd day, just to keep her in good shape.
Aha 265! Be like my husband - buy 'em and NEVER ride them!

He HAD TO HAVE this BMW thing last year because he was "going to ride it all the time etc etc etc.............................." Its been out of the garage twice in a year. The insurance office lady said "Are you sure thats right?" when he told her the mileage for the renewal, ie less than 30ks, then out came all the old excuses of how he's been too busy, the weather hasn't been acceptable and all the rest of it, however in that year he's changed loads of bits on it though and put panniers on the thing for all these epic expeditions he's going to do this summer apparently :unsure: Yuh like I believe that!

Likewise the motorcross bike thing he bought in March - three circuits of the field dressed like a plastic astronaut and its back in the barn again, ridden once and thats it!

Thats how to save on fuel 265!! :)

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.