James and Carys #25 My sucked in belly is perfection, now please buy my new autumn klekshun

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sooo bored of OTT pregnancy announcements. They are so insensitive. I had a miscarriage after around 2 years trying and then took 6 months to get pregnant again (now have a toddler). I’ve currently got no interest in having another baby as TTC and pregnancy is too stressful for me to even think about (let alone having 2 tiny humans to look after!) but I just find it so irritating people flaunting their pregnancies and shoving it down everyone’s throats. So braggy & smug.
Totally agree! I’m 24 weeks at the moment and have zero intention of announcing my own pregnancy online because having gone through a couple of years ttc I know how much it affected me seeing announcements all the time. Just because I finally was lucky I’m not going to make someone else feel like that for the sake of some likes. Everyone I speak to knows and that’s good enough for me!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
What the duck does ‘boo’ even mean?? Please help! I’ve never understood?

Is it short for ‘boo-tiful’??

😵💫

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Sorry if this sounds awful. Ive followed ladies online for years who have struggled with infertility and TTC. I have taken so much strength from these brave ladies who I've seen go through their heartbreaking journeys, they are so strong and kept going waiting for the day they become a parent. They gave me the strength to keep trying after two horrendous and heart breaking miscarriages. From watching the video Carys posted I felt it was an insult to the TTC community, taking a pregnancy test on camera to get a negative to the month after getting a positive was just ridiculous to me,. I feel like she was trying to be part of that community, ive seen so many women film months even years of negative tests to then create a video where they get the positive and its brought me to tears because I've been so happy for them, I've even gone as far as donating on gofundme pages to help people pay for IVF. I feel she was hoping for the months of negatives to create that video to be part of another community she could exploit. Just annoys me so much the extent influencers will go x
also who asked like you don’t need to share that or use that phrase, when someone’s ask you about your journey go ahead but I’m sorry how can you call a months journey sounds more like a trip and it’s extremely insulting to many many women who have experienced miscarriages at all stages of pregnancy and baby’s born asleep and women who have tried for years and years with no end in sight people who can’t afford ivf but just long for a baby she hasn’t got a clue just like the rest of them they hear a term and think oooh how much sympathy and views can I milk from this their exploitative and plain annoying!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Totally agree! I’m 24 weeks at the moment and have zero intention of announcing my own pregnancy online because having gone through a couple of years ttc I know how much it affected me seeing announcements all the time. Just because I finally was lucky I’m not going to make someone else feel like that for the sake of some likes. Everyone I speak to knows and that’s good enough for me!
I'm with you here .. I dont get why people need to be so ott with announcements. I'm only 15 weeks so can hide it pretty well but I am aiming to wait as long as I can before I tell anyone. Its such a special and personal thing between you and your close family so as for public posts online, my god they make me cringe so bad! Unless you are close to the person, does anyone really care? Pregnancy and childbirth isn't exactly anything new 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The vid is very sweet. It's wonderful to be excited and happy but considering her anxiety and being high-risk they were very confident.
I know Amber doesn't understand but involving her in the tests & saying 'you're getting a brother or sister' seconds after a positive, it makes me uncomfortable.

As said, Carys isn't responsible for everyone, required to wallow in what-ifs, not allowed to be happy, but seeing as her audience is predominantly women of childbearing age, 1/4 of pregnancies end in loss and fertility issues affect about 1/7 couples, I'd love to see them use their platform to acknowledge it. Just once even.

I've seen women kicking off on FB groups that older kids can't go to NHS scans; 'they want to meet baby too' or 'It's a family event'.
They're not a 'chance to meet baby', 'pink or blue', they're to check baby is growing correctly, is healthy, no missed MC etc and can bring absolutely devastating news. I feel like the YT community/influencers are partially responsible for that attitude, everything always being perfect
I hope her baby is born healthy and she doesn’t have any complications but I know someone who recently lost her baby at 36 weeks I don’t think you’re really safe at any stage people think you’re ok after 3 months but in reality anything can happen not to say you can’t enjoy your pregnancy and be happy about it but as an anxious person myself I feel I’d be on edge the whole ten months, and defo wouldn’t be sharing it this early online but to each their own

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm with you here .. I dont get why people need to be so ott with announcements. I'm only 15 weeks so can hide it pretty well but I am aiming to wait as long as I can before I tell anyone. Its such a special and personal thing between you and your close family so as for public posts online, my god they make me cringe so bad! Unless you are close to the person, does anyone really care? Pregnancy and childbirth isn't exactly anything new 😅
I only "announced" my pregnancy once baby was born and out of NICU. I'd told close friends and family but that's it.

The anxiety of something going wrong is too strong for me. These influencers think they're immune to bad things happening to them

Reactions: 11
I only "announced" my pregnancy once baby was born and out of NICU. I'd told close friends and family but that's it.

The anxiety of something going wrong is too strong for me. These influencers think they're immune to bad things happening to them
The saddest part is they don’t think they are immune but instead they know it would be content regardless and I’m not saying that as a heartless nasty cow but it’s true.

Influencers live in such a fucked up world they would use even tragedy for views 😞 otherwise they are hugely naive to think nothing bad could happen it’s why I don’t trust or fully understand Carys she’s claims to be such an anxious person yet the version she shows of herself acts the complete opposite. Then again my anxiety is weird for me an example mine would be thinking “if anything happens to my husband can I handle looking after more than one child” because that may be a reality some day and it wouldn’t be fair if I didn’t feel ready which I don’t feel Cary’s is.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Exactly! But how else will she exploit her pregnancy for monetary gain she’s gotta get in there ASAP to get the brand deals and sponsorships hasn’t she lol, they all make me sick all they do is copy each other as if having a baby is a trend and their parenting skills are shocking because they live their lives online and don’t really know anything and I doubt any of them did any research I remember watching imogenations announcement I’m sure Spencer even said oh as if like oh are we having a baby it’s actually disgusting the way these people just use their children as content and then have the cheek to post a video about TTC surely if it was that difficult and the child is So precious to you, you wouldn’t be milking the poor kid for views!

• Heart
I hope her baby is born healthy and she doesn’t have any complications but I know someone who recently lost her baby at 36 weeks I don’t think you’re really safe at any stage people think you’re ok after 3 months but in reality anything can happen not to say you can’t enjoy your pregnancy and be happy about it but as an anxious person myself I feel I’d be on edge the whole ten months, and defo wouldn’t be sharing it this early online but to each their own
Same, my close friend lost her baby during childbirth at 40 weeks 😭 there really is no time when you are safe, obviously not going to stress myself with worry because I know that won’t change anything but definitely not naive enough to think that these tragedies can’t or don’t happen.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
some comments on here are strange today, she is a dick but i don’t think they’ve mentioned TTC journey this time round? and they obviously got pregnant very quickly.

if she hadn’t announced it she would of been bashed for building up speculation for views, i think it’s completely normal for a couple to be excited and share a pregnancy past 12 weeks. i know a lot of things can still happen after but it’s the standard these days, you can’t live a life on what ifs.

i totally understand people have dealt with loss, fertility issues and other triggering factors which is heartbreaking but you can’t reflect that onto carys being able to get pregnant quickly or being happy she is pregnant.

Reactions: 12
some comments on here are strange today, she is a dick but i don’t think they’ve mentioned TTC journey this time round? and they obviously got pregnant very quickly.

if she hadn’t announced it she would of been bashed for building up speculation for views, i think it’s completely normal for a couple to be excited and share a pregnancy past 12 weeks. i know a lot of things can still happen after but it’s the standard these days, you can’t live a life on what ifs.

i totally understand people have dealt with loss, fertility issues and other triggering factors which is heartbreaking but you can’t reflect that onto carys being able to get pregnant quickly or being happy she is pregnant.
I think the fact that she referred to their upcoming announcements as ‘secret projects’ didn’t endear them to many on this thread. A baby is not a project

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I think the fact that she referred to their upcoming announcements as ‘secret projects’ didn’t endear them to many on this thread. A baby is not a project
she did it last time and everyone called it that she’d do the same this time, people have literally spent to past 18 weeks saying one of the projects is a baby

i’m not a carys fan in the slightest but in this situation she literally can’t win, been slagged off for hinting she’s pregnant and now she’s announced it it’s the same?

and now she can’t be happy about it because babies can die at 40 weeks? i have a baby, did not believe i was pregnant when i first found out and understand the worries of something happening but you can’t expect everyone to live their life that way.

Reactions: 10
she did it last time and everyone called it that she’d do the same this time, people have literally spent to past 18 weeks saying one of the projects is a baby

i’m not a carys fan in the slightest but in this situation she literally can’t win, been slagged off for hinting she’s pregnant and now she’s announced it it’s the same?

and now she can’t be happy about it because babies can die at 40 weeks? i have a baby, did not believe i was pregnant when i first found out and understand the worries of something happening but you can’t expect everyone to live their life that way.
ofcourse she can be happy but as someone like carys who’s made anxiety a personality trait I’m shocked she’d share the news so quickly to strangers on the internet but let her do her boo 😬

That's it, they think they're immune.

She said "we're so grateful for all our followers support... for the overwhelming love and kindness" on the pregnancy posts and stories.
I'd just like to see 'we're so grateful to find ourselves in this situation, I know were among the lucky ones' or 'TW', just something.
Be grateful for the baby not followers. Instead, 'We were in Mallorca when we found out, suddenly became a magical holiday we'll never forget' - because holidays are so frequent they're usually forgettable, their charmed life was a holiday and a positive test?
They've been discussing 3 projects for a while so they were obviously confident they'd fall quickly. It's just all so tone deaf it's hard not to see it.

Everyone is allowed to be happy and share that, those expecting, you have every right to your turn, it's just, in an ideal world if you're addressing thousands, it doesn't need to be a gloat or designed to maximise pulling the heartstrings with the 1 negative test first.

Announce it, be happy, just be mindful.
She's hijacked disappointment and negative tests - again! - for more impact, there's just no need.
She's too anxious to go to Sainsbury's alone so it surprising she's so blase about this given the high-risk status.
She can't use people's trauma for views and not expect it to be commented on,

• Heart
Reactions: 16
EXACTLY 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

That's it, they think they're immune.

She said "we're so grateful for all our followers support... for the overwhelming love and kindness" on the pregnancy posts and stories.
I'd just like to see 'we're so grateful to find ourselves in this situation, I know were among the lucky ones' or 'TW', just something.
Be grateful for the baby not followers. Instead, 'We were in Mallorca when we found out, suddenly became a magical holiday we'll never forget' - because holidays are so frequent they're usually forgettable, their charmed life was a holiday and a positive test?
They've been discussing 3 projects for a while so they were obviously confident they'd fall quickly. It's just all so tone deaf it's hard not to see it.

Everyone is allowed to be happy and share that, those expecting, you have every right to your turn, it's just, in an ideal world if you're addressing thousands, it doesn't need to be a gloat or designed to maximise pulling the heartstrings with the 1 negative test first.

Announce it, be happy, just be mindful.
She's hijacked disappointment and negative tests - again! - for more impact, there's just no need.
She's too anxious to go to Sainsbury's alone so it surprising she's so blase about this given the high-risk status.
She can't use people's trauma for views and not expect it to be commented on,
EXACTLY 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

Reactions: 4
I will swiftly be unfollowing Cary’s. I’m sick to death of this pregnancy and we’re only 2 days in!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.