Jack Monroe #94 It’s okay Jack, others have taken up the baton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jesus Christ.
Too short but really, what is there to add? Painful.
“beautiful soul” 🤢🤢
I would love her followers to list 5 things she has done that have actually helped others in a meaningful way. Her budget cookbooks have bad, poorly costed, not tested recipes. Her TV appearances are hard to watch through her shaky nerves, tech issues, terrible food. She was fired from her Sainsbury’s campaign for a tweet about David Cameron’s dead child. She gave up on becoming a politician. She didn’t even bother to vote in the referendum!
Heck even her KH win hasn’t outweighed all the crappy things she has done.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 68
I’m still looking forward to the announcement from the Cotswold Calvin Klein bra top shots, wonder what it is?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Nadiya is on now. Lovely, lovely, lovely Nadiya. How natural she is... makes it laughable that Jack assumes she ought to have a show.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I wondered if it was an alt account when I saw "visceral" and pronounced it "viskeral"
Well, dear heart Sentient Mirror, you do know our self-proclaimed Queen of the Poor better than anyone. I wonder how many of her 20 working hours a day are spent staring at herself?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
now Jack has been renegaded to just minor local person of note (a decade ago) why didn’t she so much as RT Southend’s FSM resources?

best thing for her is to stay as far away from the home brew and dib dabs as possible as there will be no return from a MR pile on. And no trip to the priory funded by your minted gf as a PR exercise either. Disastrous!

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I have been binge watching The Vicar of Dibley for some background noise whilst I cook, recently. The character Mrs Cropley reminds me of Jack, putting ketchup on top of strawberry cakes, making fishpaste pancakes, marmite cakes...

Some quick quotes I have written down because they made me HOOT:-

Offers Geraldine the vicar a sandwich on a platter:
“What’s this with the ham?”
“Lemon curd!”

Makes a birthday cake for a friend:
“Ooooh lovely, chocolate!”
“No....marmite!”

Is seen walking around with a plate of food at a party:
“Ohh God, the Dibley Poisoner does her rounds”

For Shrove Tuesday:
“I’ve made pancakes... on these ones, are lard and fishpaste...and these are the plain ones... [everyone fights each other for the plain ones before she clarifies the following] with just a hint of liver!”

• Haha
Reactions: 74
I wonder why Jack isn't sharing this link to a crowdfunder she set up in March for the Trussell Trust? Some cynical people might wonder if it's because it might eat into her patreon and tip jar donations!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I wonder why Jack isn't sharing this link to a crowdfunder she set up in March for the Trussell Trust? Some cynical people might wonder if it's because it might eat into her patreon and tip jar donations!

Don't see why she needed to set up as you can donate directly other than have her name attached to others donations

• Heart
Reactions: 40

It would take Jack about 30 seconds to do something useful whether tweeting the appeal above, highlighting a CPAG campaign or sharing information about small food related charities. She wouldn't even have to leave Twitter, it should be right up her street. Her body of work is just her rattling her own begging bowl. She has not once uttered so much as a syllable that is of any use to anyone in poverty.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
He’s so classy, tweeting to thank people for stepping up and giving all the credit to local communities. Then you get Jack, “look what I’ve done, all my work, I’ve done so much campaigning, it’s my life’s work, I’m amazing!”
She needs to take notes from MR’s actions and twitter and use that as an example of how to campaign for change.
Marcus Rashford, a 22 year old black man raised in poverty is smashing so many ill conceived pre-conceptions with his eloquence and humility - reflecting fabulously on the mum who was struggling back then - as well as powerfully moving people to make change. In contrast, Jack Monroe; a grammar school educated white woman person, raised by a well thought of, stable, middle class family (who she’s often quite dismissive of) ... well she just can’t because it’s all too much thank you.

ETA - non binary & SPAG

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
Alan has hit the nail on the head, as per. Oh Jack, so much squandered privilege!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Marcus Rashford, a 22 year old black man raised in poverty is smashing so many ill conceived pre-conceptions with his eloquence and humility - reflecting fabulously on the mum who was struggling back then - as well as powerfully moving people to make change. In contrast, Jack Monroe a grammar school educated white woman raised by a well thought of, stable, middle class family (who she’s often quite dismissive of) ... well she just can’t because it’s all too much thank you.
PREACH.
Not just a gif bank 🙌🏼

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.