Jack Monroe #94 It’s okay Jack, others have taken up the baton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't wait for tomorrow's £20 shop, although, it ain't going to happen is it? It'd mean showing a gifted trolley for starters.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Also: “duck off using select pieces of my work to try to “prove” it’s possible to eat on a budget”.
SO WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THE “£20 SHOP” IF NOT EXACTLY THIS?
Speaking of which, what’s the betting the £20 shop is now quietly dropped and never spoken of again.
Attention seeking, innit. God, she's awful.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I'm recalling the time she gave "melamine" (©1937) cutlery to the mythical homeless people she found under a hedge whilst on her Grand Tour to Edinburgh...
I've camped and caravanned for years. After she said that I spent a few weeks looking for melamine cutlery, and do you know what? I couldn't find anywhere that sold it. zilch, nada, none.

Do you suppose she got confused, and didn't realise that plastic (used for cutlery) and melamine are different and not interchangeable?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Why is she talking like she's the only one who's ever lived in a crappy rented place with no decent heating? The difference being hers was short lived, she didnt grow up living it.
Now she has a choice!! She could live somewhere smaller, more affordable, with decent heating and not in a state of disrepair. Yet she chooses not to! She'd rather continue living beyond her means(allegedly) in and expensive rental in a pricey area.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
She's really angry tonight, isn't she. I wonder if the fact she's fucked up massively over the MR stuff has finally hit home, and she's desperately trying to compensate by publicly fewmin'?

• Heart
Reactions: 46
1603573347935.png

Empty envelope?

I could do the same, most my letters from the bank don't get opened due to checking the app 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
Oh COME ON! How long has she been saving post for? That looks like about 5 years' worth. Maybe time to go paperless Jack?
She's got more bills than a family member that didn't open any bills for 6 years after her husband died!

She must have brought them with her when she moved, let that sink in, she brought them with her when she moved! or they also are bills relating to her business, in which case its no wonder she hasn't filled her tax return.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Also: “duck off using select pieces of my work to try to “prove” it’s possible to eat on a budget”.
SO WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THE “£20 SHOP” IF NOT EXACTLY THIS?
Speaking of which, what’s the betting the £20 shop is now quietly dropped and never spoken of again.
This. She’s fucked this proper hasn’t she, terrible timing Monroe; terrible!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
She’s having a narcissistic meltdown. Furious that no one is making it all about her, beside herself with rage that she’s been sidelined and ignored, desperately retweeting her old blogs in the hope of garnering some attention, backtracking because she knows that, as we all predicted, her “eat on a budget” thing is being used to justify the argument that no more money need be spent on food for poor kids.
She couldn’t care less about anyone but herself. There she is, in her enormous house, surrounded by multiple pieces of luxury furniture and gadgets, luxuriating in her income from ads, affiliate links, Patreon - not to mention two lucrative broadcasting gigs this year, one book published and two more commissioned - and while this food poverty crisis is going on out there, SHE HAS THE NERVE to pretend that she’s going to be spending all day tomorrow going through a big pile of paper, er, “bills”. BECAUSE SHE HAS IT SO MUCH WORSE THAN ANYONE ELSE.
She is a disgrace. Her friends/agent/whoever should be stepping in at this point - it’s really not a good look.
(Still, I guess she won’t have time for her two Asda trips this week then. There’s a surprise).

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 97
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.