Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Reebop

I stumbled upon Jack through her kickstarter (which was a shambles and should have warned me off-but so are many other kickstarter projects). I can see how people get sucked in to the narrative as from a distance, in the heavily curated world of tweets that don't get deleted, all is well. Someone mentioned this site in her comments and I've been blown away catching up through the past threads and am really frustrated that I have supported in the past and its a lesson in not believing everything at face value for me.
We are in the middle of what could have been be her defining career moment (although it seems she has had many in the past and keeps blowing them) and all she seems to be able to focus on is herself.

Passing quickly through dissapointment to anger.

• Heart
Reactions: 71

lilamay

VIP Member
Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Next thread title!

(may need to be cut down a little bit)

• Haha
  • Heart

DinosaurSenior

VIP Member
"I actually was pretty good at football, and could have played for Arsenal Ladies....but I was on an anti poverty march on the day of the trials".... She might have said. 😂 😂 😂 😂

• Haha

jenny2603

VIP Member
God this rips my knitting. The "sentient hams" are only doing what she does. They are awful horrors but I fail to see what gives her the right to sit in judgement over them, they are over simplifying a complex issue to defend their political outlook, she's waging a public passive aggressive war against her middle class parents and begging from the poor.

Secondly, how does she propose to measure the "mental health cost of self care" in monetary terms? Incidentally as someone who has been stalked by depression since early adolescence I know how bloody hard it can be to motivate yourself to do basic stuff like showering, tidying up, cooking something decent and so on. However I also know that when I do set myself a goal and complete a self care task I feel better,not cured but better. Referring to looking after yourself as having a "mental health cost" is like the sort of toxic stuff bastard depression tells you when it's trying to reduce reduce you to an immobile lump. I'm not sure who she feels benefits from her reinforcing that kind of destructive self talk.

The last bit about the cost of a knife and fork is just absurd and is classic a Jack lurid poverty fantasy. Yes, there are people who might temporarily find themselves without these things (fleeing domestic violence, starting out after homelessness etc), however in a career spanning 19 years working in various frontline roles dealing with people in the worst poverty this country has to offer I've never encountered knife and fork poverty. I know it will surprise Jack but the poor and disadvantaged don't eat off the floor like animals. They do have basic dignity and self respect, perhaps an alien concept to a middle class girl who regularly humiliates her family by implying they left her and child living in starvation conditions without once asking them over for dinner, buying gifts for their grandson or doing the "oh I bought too much X/saw a 3 for 2/amazing bargain, could you use it" routine. You can get a pack of four forks for a pound in a pound shop, ditto knives, ditto spoons. We have a problem with ingrained poverty in this country that forces many indignities on people but a cutlery crisis is not one of them.

I continue to be amazed that people don't see through this obvious fraud.

• Heart
Omg all this carry on is mortifying, I will never recover from the cringe about her trying to make herself seem hard for bailiffs? Daddy the working classes are at the door, the oiks, the only language they understand is one of violence, transfer me some money to make them go away please papa we beg of you! 🥺

For anyone triggered by her @myfrugalyear on Insta is a fab resource about personal finance & mental health, she’s paying down huge debt but you don’t need to be to gain something from her. It’s people like Jack who perpetuate these bs notions that all debt is bad and shameful, when it’s managed and good value (eg not a 50% AER?) it’s nothing more than a tool for living? Very few people can afford to pay outright in cash, and if you can there’s the opportunity cost of having that lump sum of cash in your account so you may not want to anyway? There is no shame in debt what so ever but she should be absolutely ashamed on her salary she’s not capable of managing to meet her fixed outgoings because she’s a greedy little Cotswolds goblin.

FWIW I suspect she genuinely is skint, a mixture of a huge tax bill from last year she’s not accrued for in financial year, or this, plus a second set of huge tax bills related to the boom of work she had this year. And then you’ve got huge fixed outgoings that no one sane would have signed up for as a serial engagement breaker.

• Heart
Reactions: 70

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
I’m getting mega Jack schadenfreud watching Saturday Kitchen, she’s going to be fewmin! They weirdly chose not to ask Jack to join in with the vegan chat. Sarah Pascoe is doing a much better job of talking about (vegan) food, and it’s not even her ‘literal job’! Jack’s work husband, Sir Matt of the Forearms, seems to be coping quite well without his cheeky little puppyish partner. Terrible 🤦‍♀️

• Haha

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Perfect summary @Pocahontas , as always ❤

Also, a new thread at this time of the morning feels weird!
Thanks 😂 I know, doesn’t it? It’s more of a late-night, illicit activity, not a cold light of day / the club lights come back on and we’re all blinking occurrence. Gah, I’ve been pashing with YOU all night?! Ohhh-kay.

• Haha
  • Heart

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
OMG you’re the only sentient ham around here, you hypocritical CUNT!! I need a break from Jack, she’s messing with my mentals and I’m almost getting eye wets of rage! You rotten bitch, you do nothing behind any fucking scene, and you don’t have a job - you Tweet all day and contradict yourself every five minutes. Now fuck off!

• Heart
  • Haha

Oofadoofa

VIP Member
Yes, this was her original excuse - she sent that tweet at 1:10am, Sunday 25th October. The bad back excuse was then wheeled out later that morning at 8.30am.

Oh fuck off Jack...

View attachment 288068
'Low income'. Just to clarify, fire chief dad, MBE, 5 bed house, now a property baron = Low income. With lies like that it's hard to believe the other bit is true, about working before 16. She really is pathetic.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Agree about My Frugal Year, her book is a really good tool too.

I don’t think there’s a single person on here who isn’t pissed off (understatement) with Jack, even more so at the moment. She’s awful, truly awful. I’m on ESA and have been for about 4 years for real diagnosed conditions (take note Jack) I’ve recently been diagnosed with a mental disorder
Schizophrenia
and I’ve gone back to University to try and get a decent job in my field when I’m done. The point is, I’m so ridiculously skint at the moment, I can’t pay all my bills - which is messing with my mental health a bit, which in turn is affecting my studies AND I’m trying to move house but not once have I used any of that as an excuse. I’ve not asked anyone for help, I’m trying to work it out myself and I’ve still donated food to food banks because there are plenty that need it more than me.

Then I look at Jack pretending to be ill and poor and I just want to spit, she angers me so much. I have less than £20 a week to spend on food at the moment but I have a good base, herbs, spices etc and I eat as bloody well as I can but it’s not enough to live on long term. Things need replacing along the way, then what? I’m vegetarian, I have 3 cats, I share 2 weekly custody of my 17 year old daughter with her dad and she eats us both out of house and home bless her 😂 Jack is a fucking idiot for promoting this, she hates poor people - she must do to do this.

So sorry for the long me me me rant, I just needed to vent. As you were Frausters (not to be confused be fraudsters -see also: Jack Monroe).
Sorry to go off topic (and shout out to the food and drink thread come over there for a chat!) but please ask your uni about financial aid / crisis grants, I know it’s a daunting prospect but honestly they have budget set aside to help students and your circumstances more than warrant it! I used it at uni for far less legit circumstances than you (train fare was ruinous tbh, they price anything to London at business man rates) and they were SO lovely, kind, non judgmental. I thought they’d be like oh but you dared to have a takeaway February 3rd 😡 but they really weren’t. It’s in their best interests you thrive, they literally have budget for it, and I was told (back in the day) that there were so few low income students that usually they ended up not even spending the money set aside for them so do not feel funny about doing this x also well done / good luck with uni you smart frau xx

• Heart
Reactions: 69

Toffee finger

VIP Member
Jesus Christ.
Too short but really, what is there to add? Painful.
“beautiful soul” 🤢🤢
I would love her followers to list 5 things she has done that have actually helped others in a meaningful way. Her budget cookbooks have bad, poorly costed, not tested recipes. Her TV appearances are hard to watch through her shaky nerves, tech issues, terrible food. She was fired from her Sainsbury’s campaign for a tweet about David Cameron’s dead child. She gave up on becoming a politician. She didn’t even bother to vote in the referendum!
Heck even her KH win hasn’t outweighed all the shitty things she has done.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 68