Jack Monroe #94 It’s okay Jack, others have taken up the baton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is something I have noticed about R Jackie, she latches onto a word and it sticks in her mind, then she uses it at the most inappropriate time. Eg she was working with Helman's on a mayonnaise project, so when he was doing a BLM video, that was the only word she could think of at the time to describe her skin. She has obviously been reading here, and sentient is now lodged in her brain, she used it in a tweet and somehow it didn't fit. There are loads of examples I have noticed over the past months. She reads here, gets a word stuck in her head, next minute she is using it on Twitter even though it often doesn't make sense in that context.

I hope you can understand what I am trying to say. It is hard to describe, but I know what I mean!
Not to mention the word 'ham' too

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
A whole thread passed without me getting the chance to post! But just wanted to say, agree with everything being said as per. I honestly do not think I have heard of a more narcissistic thing EVER than Jack not being able to sleep after re-reading her own article. Genuinely jaw dropping that one. Then for her to post (yet another) filtered beyond recognition picture and say it's down to some cheap face cream. Unbelievable.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
A squiggle tried to point out that she writes recipes that include one stock cube..
She was slapped down.

ETA.. Follower numbers up by about 2000

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
Sentient hams is a Ruby Tandoh turn of phrase, no? Possibly related to "gammon" for Brexit/Tory types, not sure

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Told you that she likes to go at people for being white and male, it’s her default when times are tough. Without having any clue so at a complete guess, did the omelette tweet originate from a white dude? (Sentient ham)

And it’s amazing, isn’t it, she makes a brief appearance after a long day under the duvet, posts a fraudulent picture, tweets a few lies (‘skincare cream’) and picks a fight with someone for having the cheek to be awake and active in her field whilst she fancied sleeping, and also for not doing the things she herself doesn’t do before telling another whopper (‘behind the scenes’) and apparently disappearing. All within like, 10 minutes. But apparently it’s other people who bring the tone down on Twitter..

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Jack, you're missing an open goal.

It's horrific, but the reality right now is many parents may well have to feed their children over half term, with very little money or time to do so.

You have been pissing about with £20 shops for a few weeks, so here's an idea - do something helpful with the knowledge you have gained.

You can even use the opportunity to centre yourself - it's ok, because you will be helping others. You can talk about your experiences, and use that to actively help people, rather than just indulging your own ego and giving yourself insomnia.

Come clean about the £20 shops. Cost your meals accurately and tell people you have milk, juice and what-not delivered.

Tweet some of your lunch ideas, maybe even a recipe or two with links to your website. Start a hashtag. #Halftermlunchesforaquid or something. Caveat your help with a disclaimer this is not sustainable for the long term in any way, but it's an emergency measure to get people through the holidays.

Actually bleeping DO SOMETHING other than howling and clawing and posting potatoes and selfies. Your followers will love it, they'll retweet the hell out of that tit, and you might even help people who are probably feeling very scared and very hopeless right now.

ETA: who am I kidding. You'll do duck all as per usual.

• Heart
Reactions: 75
Keep an eye on on the 'Cooking With A Jockstrap' page.
Her earlier polemics are disappearing.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
She’d have had a field day in my Asda at half 9 this morning. The yellow sticker cabinet was over flowing. Oh and they had plenty of smart price hoops. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Whether Jack likes it or not there are people who have been costing recipes for years.

A bit rich to be claiming she’s the person for costed recipes. She isn’t and never has been .

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.