Jack Monroe #94 It’s okay Jack, others have taken up the baton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If it’s too painful to talk about she’s in the wrong job then and shouldn’t be ‘writing a book on poverty’ she talks such utter shite we all know she will delete her tweets and then in future will fake that she was in amongst this just like she was Grenfell (she wasn’t)
Oh god Grenfell?! She did not!!!! What did she say?!

This woman drives me insane because I know someone who’s a carbon copy of her and oh my god. Most infuriating human alive.

Reactions: 30
It's bad that the majority (if not all) of those criticising her back story on twitter are of the gammon variety. We can only hope that her pathetic lack of action on this issue and the active damage she has done with her £20 shops start to plant a few seeds of doubt in the Jackolytes' minds.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
The criticism of her on Twitter is growing. Some are obviously right wing but at least all these are calling her out, not trolling nasty tit about tattoos or being gay. It’s a start although annoying that some assume she’s left wing.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 71
The thing is she will probably be targeted by actual trolls now even though she has been caught out.
I worked really hard in my job today. I’m fortunate to be working from home but I worked. My team helped people, I was able to take 15 mins in the afternoon and saw the thing about the fancy table injury. So predictable. No £20 shop.
mm I think that long Covid Hattie person is one of her accounts also

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Someone who seems to be a Jackolyte has posted a great twitter thread on poverty, cheap recipes, etc. They have tagged JM in one of the tweets as an expert on cheap recipes, but I believe they are unintentionally really damning of her output. Unfortunately as this person is a Jackolyte I doubt they'll join the dots, but it's a start.

IMG_20201026_005859.png
IMG_20201026_005843.png
IMG_20201026_005821.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
Good evening Frauen! Having been lurking on these threads on a daily basis for nearly four months, I thought I should finally get round to introducing myself, even though I'm always grunking and hardly ever make it to the end of a thread in real time. Also because it always makes @heretoreaditall2019 so happy to hear about how former Jackolytes finally see the light (I believe she once compared it to rescuing battery hens, which made me hoot in a Monroesque fashion.) Sorry I don't have a funny Jack-themed username - Studley Roger is village(?) somewhere near Ripon, which I drove past years ago, thought it was hilarious and have occasionally used it online since.

So as for my 'origin story', I bought a copy of Jack's first book years back when I started living by myself and was obliged to tighten my belt a bit. I made a few of the recipes*, took on board a few of the 'how to spend less money on groceries' tips and read the extract from the poverty blog in horror. I didn't take much notice of Jack herself until the Katie Hopkins court case, and that obviously sent her up in my esteem, because everybody hates Katie Hopkins, right? I started following Jack on instagram. As time went by, I started to find her more and more annoying, but I didn't have a clue about the dark side of Jack. (Probably because I didn't follow her on Twitter and she seems to be a lot less chaotic on insta.)

I found this place through plain old nosiness - I had got suspicious about the disappearance of Mrs J on insta and googled to try to find out if they had split up. Found these threads and had my eyes opened. Prior to that, I think the temper tantrum over Jamie Oliver's lockdown show was the closest thing I had to a turning point, and I didn't even see the true nastiness surrounding the Twitter pile-on. Oh! Actually, I also bought Tin Can Cook at the beginning of lockdown, and felt very let-down by how half-assed and rubbish it seemed compared to her first book. That was probably another clue that she wasn't the person I once thought she was.

*Yes, I made the peach curry AND the fish paste pasta. Both were fairly grim, but by far the most revolting thing I tried was the famous kidney bean burgers she made such a fuss over. In the interests of balance, I will say that I did really like (and still make quite regularly) her firecracker sausages and tragedy mash dish, the sunshine bread and the feisty soup (although I think I tweaked that one quite a lot).

This post is way too long, but one more thing... (tbf, I probably won't be posting much due to being in a constant state of grunk, so might as well say everything I want to in one go!) I was awake late last night when the strange business of Jack's 'cousin' was brought up, so I decided to do a little triangulating. The poster on reddit doesn't seem to be a Jack alt account, because they've posted regularly on reddit for years (like, ten years), mostly about formula 1. It's a bloke and he's Northern Irish, so probably related on Jack's mum's side if it's true. I didn't see any comments from them about the family being horrendous. He said something along the lines of "her [Jack's] family is wealthy. I know because it's my family too." So yeah. No idea how that fits into the suspicious screenshotted messages that a Frau (sorry I've forgotten who) posted yesterday, unless the username was the same under the squiggle? It was a pun based on an American fizzy drink. 🔺

TLDR: Hi, I'm a longtime lurker. Love your work, Fraus x.
omg welcome frau ❤ Thank you for sharing your origins story, we love an authentic one round these parts! It’s interesting L’s disappearance was what brought you in, it’s super googled so you’re clearly not alone. Would suggest watching the early eps of DKL if you haven’t (link in her wiki on tattle I believe?) where she blames L for everything under the sun 😬

Wonder if the wealthy NI family read here, especially as cousin is internet savvy. SB’s step mum and her mates must 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Her Trussell link has had over 50 donations since she shared it this afternoon. Prior to that, aside from one yesterday, was 26 days ago and then 2 months ago. Look at the positive impact she can have when she focuses on it.
A genuine 👏👏👏
I just hope the money isn’t allowed to just sit there and it is sent over asap. I hope Jack can galvanise herself to sort the admin on that.

Yep. All her.
I can’t help thinking some of the squiggles are slightly taking the piss ...

• Heart
Reactions: 20
This may have been addressed already...but I thought she wasn't doing her twenty pound shop because she hurt her back?

Her lying is annoying enough; even more so because she seems incapable of picking one story and sticking to it, yet her followers don't see through it! We are truly living in a crazy world.
Screenshot_20201026_023154.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
This may have been addressed already...but I thought she wasn't doing her twenty pound shop because she hurt her back?

Her lying is annoying enough; even more so because she seems incapable of picking one story and sticking to it, yet her followers don't see through it! We are truly living in a crazy world.
View attachment 288061
Yes, this was her original excuse - she sent that tweet at 1:10am, Sunday 25th October. The bad back excuse was then wheeled out later that morning at 8.30am.

Oh duck off Jack...

Untitled 7.png

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
Yes, this was her original excuse - she sent that tweet at 1:10am, Sunday 25th October. The bad back excuse was then wheeled out later that morning at 8.30am.

Oh duck off Jack...

View attachment 288068
'Low income'. Just to clarify, fire chief dad, MBE, 5 bed house, now a property baron = Low income. With lies like that it's hard to believe the other bit is true, about working before 16. She really is pathetic.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 69

Oh duck off Jack...

View attachment 288068
Look at this twit waving. Why are you trying to rewrite history, Jack? We know you grew up in a well off middle class family, the receipts are all over the place. It takes the piss out of people who did grow up and are growing up in a low income family and the challenges that brings. All the problems you have are self inflicted. STOP LYING! She chaps my ass, that one.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
'Low income'. Just to clarify, fire chief dad, MBE, 5 bed house, now a property baron = Low income. With lies like that it's hard to believe the other bit is true, about working before 16. She really is pathetic.
I imagine she is referring once again to helping her Grandfather round at one of his 'guesthouses'. I'm not sure you can call helping your Grandad out with a few chores 'working' but this is Jack, therefore she's probably considered suing her parents for asking her to change a few beds after the weekly ballet lessons

• Haha
  • Angry
I imagine she is referring once again to helping her Grandfather round at one of his 'guesthouses'. I'm not sure you can call helping your Grandad out with a few chores 'working' but this is Jack, therefore she's probably considered suing her parents for asking her to change a few beds after the weekly ballet lessons
Working before 16 doesn't necessarily equate to growing up in a low income family, either. It's a rite of passage once you're old enough to get a Saturday job or whatever, so much so that I remember our french speaking exam in year 8 or 9 was on 'petits boulots'. I guess it's how you're going to be using the money you earn that makes the difference. So if Jack's logic is 'I had a job before 16 therefore that must mean I can claim low income', she really is off the wall.

ETA: ooh I wonder what job she had!? We may be able to add to the list!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
I was looking for a soup recipe & saw her tomato monstrosity with stuffing on that man’s site. Except he used bread. I’m 100% sure she uses other people’s recipes, just changes one or two things (for the worse obvs). No talent required.
Soup with bread is classic poor food in every country and cuisine. It's absolutely delicious, frugal, sustaining (and definitely doesn't start with, "first, get your cheapest gluey supermarket white gunk bread!").

Jack using stuffing "horrified" me (not really, just wanted to sound desperately, achingly middle class). She was just taking another packet of salty, processed tit and making something into nothing

I don't know where I'm going with this so I'll wrap up with moaning that Jack is simply an awful cook

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I think I’ve got too much to grunk today so I’ll try and catch up tomorrow. But I’ve mentioned before that I’m a member of the cult known as Slimming World (blessed be the carbs and deliver us from syns). Haven’t looked on the recipe page for a while and was browsing for stuff to add to the meal plan next week, what do I come across? CORN MASH. She’s ripped off their overnight oats recipes before and made it look like tit (the carrot cake on in particular), then the baked oats last week that looked like placenta (baked oats is super popular in the SW community but it usually looks more like a nice warm fruity cake in a dish) and now she’s passing their corn mash off by renaming it “moonshine” and saying it’s a cheeky riff on polenta from her maverick brain. Has she a single original thought?
🤔 eeerrrrr no! She’s a plagiarising charlatan, a leach, a disgrace. Unfortunately for her people are not as stupid as she thinks. The dots they are adjoining

Reactions: 27
Look at this twit waving. Why are you trying to rewrite history, Jack? We know you grew up in a well off middle class family, the receipts are all over the place. It takes the piss out of people who did grow up and are growing up in a low income family and the challenges that brings. All the problems you have are self inflicted. STOP LYING! She chaps my ass, that one.
⬆ YES!!!! Why is nobody challenging her on this???

Is she that deluded she’s forgotten her actual life is well documented and is shared with living members of her family? That her property and restaurant owning grandfather’s will is now publicly known? That her publicity loving father has been the subject of several published interviews going back to at least 2004?

How can she survive the self-inflicted daily cringe of her own constant lies??

(insert “Kandi: the lies” gif here)

honestly if you invented her for a screenplay you’d be criticised for having non-believable, non-sympathetic characters.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
It’s probably been said but the bills?! Actual physical paper wise I get a mortgage statement once a year. Same with council tax. Everything else is paperless! From credit cards to energy to life insurance. Has she been saving up bleeping Papa Johns coupons to open?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Does she actually have a clue about what 'low income' is? Seriously, this is such a total piss take. I started working at the age of 13 not because I came from a low income family but because my parents wanted to teach me about the value of hard work. I spent the money I earned (I think I started out at about £1.25 per hour lolllll) on sweets and magazines, birthday and Christmas presents - which is to say, it was pocket money to me, it wasn't expected that I should put it into my parents' household income because it wasn't needed, but that's presumably what the tweet she's replying to is about - kids from a very early age having to contribute to pay for bills and food. God she's the absolute worst.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.