Jack Monroe #94 It’s okay Jack, others have taken up the baton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do have one concern though what about bread etc. If her kids coming back tonight surely he will need some bread. Perhaps his dad will bring him with some.

Sorry but bread and milk are the two things I literally ensure I have in, screw everything else. If I have those I am ok. I don't know why that is. I've always been like that.

It's always confuses me when people say they have run out of these things or have none in for days. I see my milk get to a certain point and I will go to any shop to get more. 🤷

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I do have one concern though what about bread etc. If her kids coming back tonight surely he will need some bread. Perhaps his dad will bring him with some.

Sorry but bread and milk are the two things I literally ensure I have in, screw everything else. If I have those I am ok. I don't know why that is. I've always been like that.

It's always confuses me when people say they have run out of these things or have none in for days. I see my milk get to a certain point and I will go to any shop to get more. 🤷
You obviously don't have any acronyms on your ailment list then!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Putting the mango wood to one side for the moment. Jack you were 10 or 11 and I can guarantee you would not have been plucking your eyebrows at that time. Stop acting like you are so much older than you are. I am much older than you, I did pluck my eyebrows and I've got hardly any left as they don't grow back after repeated plucking. So those big bushy things above your eyes? Nah mate 🤦‍♀️
Thanks to @ChickenPorridge ive pinched your screenshot
80D3FD11-C96C-493F-B2B9-53F875243E99.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
Putting the mango wood to one side for the moment. Jack you were 10 or 11 and I can guarantee you would not have been plucking your eyebrows at that time. Stop acting like you are so much older than you are. I am much older than you, I did pluck my eyebrows and I've got hardly any left as they don't grow back after repeated plucking. So those big bushy things above your eyes? Nah mate 🤦‍♀️
Thanks to @ChickenPorridge ive pinched your screenshot View attachment 287373
How did someone speaking about cancer turn to a sympathy post about Jack, not even a hope you are recuperating well 🙄

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
We’re spoilt rotten really. As fraus have pointed out before, other Tattle threads endlessly have to chat about the same (relatively minor) things while we’re given new content on a near daily basis. I’m grateful for it as the ridiculousness helps to dull the outrage she constantly provokes. This thread would be a very different, dark place without the comic relief
So what’s the end point, or, what’s the hope for the purpose of these threads? Personally, would be satisfied if she was called out and removed from public discourse, confined to her rubbish books, patreon and SM. At that point it’s up to each individual superfan, if they’re gullible enough to give her their money, and for sure she’d still be moaning. But the biggest outrage is that she’s plastered over the tv and in various papers, spouting her nonsense, and it’s just really bleeping boring and represents achievement way beyond that of which she is worthy. If she wasn’t held up as some yardstick for perseverance in the face of adversity, which is just plain bollocks, then it’s hard to imagine being remotely interested in her boring little life at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Thanks to @ChickenPorridge ive pinched your screenshot View attachment 287373
Well spotted!! Yep, if she'd been ripping those out since the late 90's they would definitely be more sparse!

Reactions: 24
Whilst I appreciate that people give money they can barely afford to Jack out of the goodness of their hearts, I still can’t get my head around how mind-numbingly stupid these people are. Maybe it’s how my brain works but my god! People are sitting there, reading her latest bullshittery and think it know, I’ll give my last £5 to someone on the internet who I’ve never met and don’t know. It’s utter, utter madness. I do have a tit ton of empathy for most situations but I just can’t when I read another screenshot of someone being ridiculous. Am I being harsh here? Aside from anything else, Jack has the hide of a rhino and should be throughly ashamed of herself.

PS. I really hate Matt Haig too, the self-indulgent twit. Yes, I had a mental breakdown too but I don’t wear it like a badge of honour. Like peas in a pod those two.
Completely agree. It genuinely blows my mind that they don’t give to a homeless charity or a food bank. How could anyone think a ‘bestselling writer’ is a more worthy recipient, even if they don’t put together all the dots?
Boils my blood.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Sunday always seems to be Grift-day for Jack. There’s always some sort of crisis each weekend that invariably leads to her Patreon numbers going up, or like last week, people throwing money at her for shopping trolleys.
Getting injured means we still won't get to see the trolley that was sent to her agent ☹. Who's betting it's fancy 🤕

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
I have to say, when she went silent for ages yesterday I envisioned her turning up in Manchester and desperately trying to insert herself with the work Marcus Rashford is doing to try and look like she's actually involved. Doubling down on making it about herself instead is a new low and that's saying something. At a time when people have never been more mobilised in trying to make change for hungry people, she's doing nothing for anyone but herself. It's astounding.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
It's a shame she injured her back last night so can't join them 😢
She'd already said she'd put the twenty-quidders on hold so maybe this is why she's suffered another horrific accident, rendering her housebound.
Do you know, if she'd just shown up to this it could have done a fair bit of repair/ damage limitation to her pov rep.

• Haha
Reactions: 27

Half term, innit? He can stay with his family.

Mind you, somebody who has made their literal living out of literally cooking could, oh, I don't know - make some bread? Just needs flour, water, salt and a raising agent, plus heat. Or look in one of the freezers. She might have forgotten to check the one in the West wing - unless it's been invaded by the mouse family and they're currently defending it with little swords and the help of their trusty hedgehog steed.

Or give your Dad a bell and ask for a four pinter and a loaf from the Tesco round the corner.

We're down to the last 100ml of milk and I had the last of the bread this morning. Mr D will bring some in on the way home from work, as I legally can't leave the house (self isolating, not under tag) and it's not that much of an emergency anyhow. Although, thinking about it, there are a couple of bottles of UHT/LF in the cupboard so if there's suddenly a run on lactose free (which keeps longer than standard, by the way, so pays for itself if you only have a splash of it in tea) in the way there was on bog roll in March, we'd have that instead.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Half term, innit? He can stay with his family.

Mind you, somebody who has made their literal living out of literally cooking could, oh, I don't know - make some bread? Just needs flour, water, salt and a raising agent, plus heat. Or look in one of the freezers. She might have forgotten to check the one in the West wing - unless it's been invaded by the mouse family and they're currently defending it with little swords and the help of their trusty hedgehog steed.

Or give your Dad a bell and ask for a four pinter and a loaf from the Tesco round the corner.
Her milkman could deliver food. She admitted she gets milk etc delivered a few times a week in an earlier tweet a few weeks ago.

Reactions: 16
Whilst I appreciate that people give money they can barely afford to Jack out of the goodness of their hearts, I still can’t get my head around how mind-numbingly stupid these people are. Maybe it’s how my brain works but my god! People are sitting there, reading her latest bullshittery and think it know, I’ll give my last £5 to someone on the internet who I’ve never met and don’t know. It’s utter, utter madness. I do have a tit ton of empathy for most situations but I just can’t when I read another screenshot of someone being ridiculous. Am I being harsh here? Aside from anything else, Jack has the hide of a rhino and should be throughly ashamed of herself.

PS. I really hate Matt Haig too, the self-indulgent twit. Yes, I had a mental breakdown too but I don’t wear it like a badge of honour. Like peas in a pod those two.
It is bloody frustrating as is this belief that Jack somehow does something for the poor. If it wasn't for these threads I'd feel like the child in The Emperors New Clothes. Surely to Christ they must see that she does duck all, there's never anything on her Twitter saying what she's doing or showing support for campaigns. She really has had the most wonderful opportunity handed to her, one that would have allowed her to make a decent living and do some good and she's thrown it away on an extended public temper tantrum because she can't live like a bloody duchess.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.