Jack Monroe #93 I can’t believe she’s no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing is about Tattle, I think each thread is totally unique. The Meghan Markle thread made me want to weep, although I’ll confess I haven’t looked at it in a long, long while. I probably looked at it six months ago or more, and it really bothered me. This thread is just full to the brim with clever and insightful humans, who are sick of seeing Jack trick people out of money. Jack is a bully and a fraud, so she deserves to have her behaviour dissected IMO. But then, perhaps thats how people feel about MM?
I agree, some are brutal about the children (SS) which bothers me and I stay away from those and this is the only celeb-style one I comment on due to the fact I feel, and have felt the most betrayed by JM.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I think this thread is the worst cabal ever best, because it has a lot of integrity. Not just about tattle rules, but everyone is respectful of one another. The criticisms of Jack are all valid and important. She's a con artist, who is becoming quite dangerous with her statements.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
So she’s gone quiet this evening?

Relax - a blue tick has got Jack "in the feels" at 3.56am, nearly 12 hours after having her arse gift-wrapped and returned to her on the Caledonian Sleeper.

She is awake at this time due to being forensically into global politics and was observing the landscape of the US Presidential debate, or something else.

This thread is just full to the brim with clever and insightful humans .....
This is very true - I think the JM thread is unique in that it has attracted a lot of really interesting and intelligent people .....
Whereas here it's people putting their points across in a witty intelligent manner.

Once you go Jack, you never go back.

1603428652113.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Maybe she was up formulating something insightful to say about that horrors that are currently going on in Poland.

Or maybe she was finishing off that dibdab.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I post in a handful of other threads but people get so catty and unnecessary in them (even with each other) that I always end up spending most of the time here.

This is like a thread umbrella, sheltering you from the shower of shite going on elsewhere 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
The thing is about Tattle, I think each thread is totally unique. The Meghan Markle thread made me want to weep, although I’ll confess I haven’t looked at it in a long, long while. I probably looked at it six months ago or more, and it really bothered me. This thread is just full to the brim with clever and insightful humans, who are sick of seeing Jack trick people out of money. Jack is a bully and a fraud, so she deserves to have her behaviour dissected IMO. But then, perhaps thats how people feel about MM?
I feel like people are really heavily influenced by the media when it comes to Meghan Markle and she’s been subjected to some vile abuse. I think the underlying sentiment on this thread is the genuine sense of injustice people feel about the (fancy) material possessions JM has and her poverty narrative. She also puts so much out there. A lot of what we discuss is there for the taking. If my friend was putting mental naked sideboard photos up and spouting inane tit every day I’d take the piss out of them too. It’s the British way. Anyone who thinks too highly for themselves gets the piss taken out of them.

Reactions: 55
The Katie Price thread is vicious. Full of speculation, rumours, insults and they regularly crossover to post tit on her Instagram. That makes me uncomfortable. I like the fact we call out anyone who does that to Jack.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
She was only thinking of herself, ie raising her profile as poor, to scrounge for more money. She only ever thinks about herself. Doesn’t even care about her son when he is there, otherwise why feel him all that mechanically recovered crap?
And post pictures of him in his pants, who does that?

Yeah, they can upgrade to eyelid sausages and stuffing, pappy white bread and brown slop from the floor 🙄

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
The way she says ‘Krish’ is grating my mushrooms.
Frauen, today someone I follow on Twitter said that she’d stumbled into a thread on Tattle and was horrified. She’s got a lot of followers so a lot of people agreed, and said we were all awful, and how could we sleep, and don’t we have anything better to do. And I was a bit shook. And I tried to step outside and look at the threads (I only really go on this one) and see if I was being dreadful. I felt a bit uncomfortable. Have any of you faced this? Anyway I’ve grunkad and I don’t feel in the slightest bit uncomfortable now because she is still utterly despicable and you are all great.
I bet we follow the same person because I saw a tweet just like that and had the same uncomfortable feeling. Having visited some of the other threads there’s definite toxicity on here. I don’t think this thread is one of them, at all.

Reactions: 23
SHE has raised hundreds of thousands of pounds for food banks??

Has she duck. WTF is this about, the book donation scam? It’s made me so angry. Bitching about a charity tweet, making it all about HER and how SHE felt slighted. Bloviating on about tax.

Kids are hungry now, we can’t wait for a perfect world to feed them.
And the “I’m so tired” boils my piss, too. How? HOW is she so tired? She’s less active than a sloth.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
No theres some threads on here where people are just vicious for vicious sake. I often feel they would say something nasty if the person were to give away 1 million to each of their followers cough cough mrs Hinchs thread. I'm not a fan but I read there watch the stories and find it such a reach sometimes.
Whereas here it's people putting their points across in a witty intelligent manner.
Maybe its because jack i
..themselves..herself i have no idea what her preference is today, is quite dangerous. One cleans their house is heavy on the swipe ups for tat. One thinks shes solved child poverty with a fake £20 shop and a few tweets
She’s dangerous because she’s scamming people, some of whom can Ill afford To give. She breaks her promises, she misses her deadlines, then instead of apologising, and putting it right, goes on the attack, accusing people of picking on her.

The Kickstarter is a classic example. She took nigh on 70k From people for a black and white pamphlet of her recipes. Some people waited 2 years! And were ignored when they contacted her. Meanwhile she published a colour version. She then had the bare faced cheek to ask those same people for more money as she couldn’t afford the postage.

She shouldn’t even have a platform, they should have shut her down permanently. She orchestrated a pile on, on THAT MAN! And conned tv work out it. She then organised another pile on, on walliams. She shouldn’t get any airtime, she is a nasty person who is too lazy and full of a sense of entitlement to work For a living. She shouldn,t to be allowed to take money

• Angry
Reactions: 66
Relax - a blue tick has got Jack "in the feels" at 3.56am, nearly 12 hours after having her arse gift-wrapped and returned to her on the Caledonian Sleeper.

She is awake at this time due to being forensically into global politics and was observing the landscape of the US Presidential debate, or something else.

Once you go Jack, you never go back.

View attachment 284942
I'd forgotten how shimmery Jack's black eye was. The only human whose skin goes iridescent when injured.

• Haha
Reactions: 57
I know talking is important but I really dislike it when people who are supposedly active in sensitive subjects are only seen to talk about it. It would be nice to see them out there actually doing stuff. Like her I know there's a pandemic on but what's stopping her going out and volunteering when her son is away, talking to people who are in current poverty and perhaps writing a piece in their plight.
.Id honestly love her to go on a game show where she is forbidden to talk about herself in any context or she loses like a million pounds to a charity of her choice.

Watching her squirm as she tries not to use any mention of herself would be comedy gold.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I only read the general celeb goss as I don’t know who anyone else is!

The thing with this thread is if Jack held her hands up and said ‘I’m not poor’, stopped begging, stopped making ridiculous lies, feeding her son crap, stopped being rude to her followers (to be fair, this seems a lot). We’d basically all duck off.
We’re here to call out her behaviour, if she didn’t act like that there would be nothing else to talk about.

Reactions: 50
I'm not here to right any wrongs, just for the lols. Have had so many belly laughs from this thread at a time when they're in short (and diminishing) supply. My conscience tweaks that it's at a singular person's "expense", won't lie.

Tattle as a whole is a module in internet studies, 2020 edition: influencers & monetisation 😲

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I have read a few other threads. I don’t really follow many of the traditional type of influencers so I don’t know who most people are. And the whole mummy blogger thing has passed me by as I don’t have children. Some of the threads were vicious. Lots of criticism about appearances, what tit parents they are, how boring their feed is. I don’t know why they don’t just stop following the people that annoy them.

I know who Brummy Mummy of 2 is because people I know irl are always commenting on her stuff on Facebook (& wow, they love her). I don’t find her lifestyle aspirational to me at all, so I don’t follow her. It feels like a much easier way to go about things. Also, Lily Pebbles seems to get it in the neck a lot for being boring - just unfollow her! And people getting furious and writing to companies that send her gifts, saying “why didn’t you send it to a nurse?” like she’s somehow getting a present for being her, rather than just as some publicity for the product

I think it’s different when someone is actively grifting and rattling a tip jar at people worse off (& faking black eyes; my god, that photo makes me hoot up a lung) But then again, I would say that, wouldn’t I? No one wants to think they’re the mean girl.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
This morning Marcus Rashford is tweeting all of the councils and businesses taking part in school holiday food provision - something Jack could easily do if she could be arsed.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 57
honestly, it's like a different world outside of these threads on here! 🥴

we're mostly all here cos at one time we liked jack. we are, broadly speaking, her target demographic. educated, lefty, empathetic types who just saw through her crap at some point and, yes, felt duped.

I know this has all been said before, but I'm very grateful for this place.

• Heart
Reactions: 75
i saw this on twitter and thought 'yes! it's only a matter of time before twitter people discover Jack's depressing slop and extremely dangerous Tory-validating message' but then i read the reply. i despair.

but it does show that people don't really pay much attention to her because if they did they'd realise that that shopping list could easily have been what she carried with her sad frail little body last sunday (In TWO TRIPS cos she's POOR)

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I'm still listening to the Alan Partridge podcast, and just got the bit where he says he's good friends with Eamonn Holmes, and can knock out a book in an afternoon... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.