Jack Monroe #93 I can’t believe she’s no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Deep down, she must know that this spells the end of any *serious* media career? Her silence has been deafening.
Yep. She's not been asked back on tv to do cooking things (rest easy, Eamonn, Ruth and Matt), nor has she been asked back to do political things. She's just not going to be asked back, is she? And it's all her own doing.

The brazenness of these tweets back in March though...

1603442731912.png

1603442583223.png

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 64
Thank god it’s Marcus Rashford (great reputation for anyone but especially for a premier league footballer, so young, hasn’t really put a foot wrong) doing all this and not someone a little more “marmite” (like ummm, Jamie Oliver, for example) or she’d be all over Twitter, wanging on about it being her niche and her life’s work

MR is a true class act

@lilamay Great minds etc!

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Yep. She's not been asked back on tv to do cooking things (rest easy, Eamonn, Ruth and Matt), nor has she been asked back to do political things. She's just not going to be asked back, is she? And it's all her own doing.

View attachment 285028

View attachment 285027
How many days of ‘bung it in a curry’ cooking could she do. Maybe they should she let her. Can you imagine. She couldn’t even do a Hellman’s cooking show for a few weeks.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I am happy to be called a conspiracy wanker, but I can also look on Strava and see in 2 minutes that LC started and ended her bike ride on Saturday within a couple of hundred yards of Jack's house.
That's the Strava security thing - people were getting broken into and having bones stolen by starting their journey outside their house. Mine always show as starting 100m away, as I live in a built up area (🔺) so that covers many houses.
It's the journey after that one - cycling from the station in London that goes to Southend - that convinced me there is something going on. Jack admitted she had a friend round on Sat evening!

• Wow
Reactions: 31
She still hasn't added the water needed for the Pangrattato Al Pomodoro soup. Or written up the anchoïade recipe. Or the butter sausage, kale and pea curry recipe. Or the scrambled eggs and mayo recipe. Or the... oh the list is neverending! How come I can remember the things she needs to do but she can't?!
SHE'S BUSY!
🙄 yeah yeah too short

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

View attachment 285028

View attachment 285027
Yikes, when you read it all again like that ... it’s painful how terrible and unprofessional that was.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Yikes, when you read it all again like that ... it’s painful how terrible and unprofessional that was.
Absolutely cringing - trying to imagine tweeting out every ragey thought that goes through my head.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
God, imagine escaping Jack’s narc clutches and then voluntarily going back for (Ocado) dinner. What a weirdo.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41

View attachment 285028

View attachment 285027
The thing is, she must feel this about MR, but just know not to dare tweet it after how this went down. She must be gutted, that’s why we only get bad take Jack or dib dab jack.

Also how to make the point JM was trying to make without being a mega tory

DF994619-14B1-41DD-B147-1730811D26ED.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 61
This particular cabal is fantastic at calling people out and holding people to account - not just Jackie, but also the odd poster who ends of up this thread trying to just stir up tit. People have rightly (and politely) been called out here for racism, homophobia and probably a few other things.
That's something I particularly like about This Hellsite. Anytime I've seen crappy behaviour, racism, or anything to close to the bone regarding Jack's child, it's been shut down (mostly) politely. And the amount of times I've seen fraus apologise to each other for misreading something or offending someone - it's a very sparkly little corner of the internet here.

I often wonder if Jack is more irritated at her bullshit having brought so many people together and brought them so much joy and laughter while it's clear that she does not spend time with her family or friends, than at anything people actually say about her.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I realised this morning, that all those people falling over themselves to praise Jack tit Monroe for ‘showing people how to cook and eat for £20 a week’ have NOT taken into account that she has shared custody, that she ‘works’ from home, that she doesn’t work shifts, she doesn’t have to deal with childcare. If her child is fussy she probably throws a packet of maize crisps at him until she perfects the mayo glaze on a single sausage then serves it to him. That £20 has been for food only, not bills or toiletries as we’ve previously discussed. She doesn’t pay for any transport. It doesn’t account for parents who may need to choose between nappies, formula or a couple of frozen pizzas. It’s also not taken into account people who may be shielding and for whom jauntily walking to a supermarket twice in one day is out of the bleeping question. Urgh the rage.
She simultaneously blogs about being too poor to batch cook, and shows off about her eleventy billion batch cooked meals.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
It reads like it is written by Violet Elizabeth Bott *I'll thcream and thcream and thcream until I am sick." So, so, childish and entitled.

Saying it was her niche genre and nobody gave a tit about it before, only her, as though budget cookery had never been done by anyone else. Of course people gave a tit about it before she came on the scene, that's why there are a plethora of budget cookbooks going back to wartime. People cared enough to donate to and volunteer at food banks and charities that existed long before she came on the scene. It is why there were foodbanks that she could, and did use.

No wonder she said she would regret the tweets later (evidence that it was a deliberate tactic, she knew it was wrong) but we have the evidence. She can not delete it from here.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
This morning Marcus Rashford is tweeting all of the councils and businesses taking part in school holiday food provision - something Jack could easily do if she could be arsed.
Thank duck Marcus Rashford didn’t just whine on twitter that paying your taxes should be enough.

The day after the election last December I still followed Jack (up until about May this year I eye-rolled at her but had no huge opinions). That day she tweeted a lovely thing saying how terrible it was but that we’d all look after each other. At the time I eye-rolled that her main suggestion was that she’d sign every petition possible but she was also loosely saying donate to charities, food-banks, look after your community etc. It was obviously a version of what everyone was saying that day (probably copied and pasted from a comment someone with an ounce of intelligence made).

I remember it because I, like most left-leaning people, was absolutely bleeping devastated by that Tory majority. I’d never really considered myself to be an activist before that day. I’d campaigned at most elections & I donated, signed petitions etc but so many did (and do) so much more. I kind of presumed that Jack was one of those people. As I cried (and made as many donations as possible to food banks and homeless charities) that day I made the decision to try and be more active politically by engaging with local politics/politicians, attending meetings etc & I’ve done it. It’s not much but it’s all I can do with the time that I have. All seemed lost that day and on many days it still seems lost. But the one thing it made me realise was that, whilst you may be powerless nationally, you’re not necessarily powerless locally.

I’m sorry that was long and a bit self-indulgent (if only I had 3 therapists on speed dial). It just really frustrates me. In the space of under a year Jack has gone from effectively telling people to mobilise locally to telling people it’s all the government’s responsibility. Of course it’s the government’s bleeping responsibility! But this government don’t give a tit. Of course we need to highlight this constantly. We need to shout it from the rooftops. But at the same time we need to feed the kids.

Unlike the majority of us (including me), Jack has a platform. People without a platform can donate/volunteer (obviously only if they have the means/ability to do) & might be able to mobilise a few other people. But they’re limited. Those without a platform that also live in poverty and/or have chronic health problems that mean they can’t give time probably feel even more powerless. Jack has the time & possibly the money to help locally but she also has the platform to help both locally and nationally. She could easily mobilise people to volunteer/donate to places.

Saying that the government should be doing it and not providing real information about how people can actively help isn't good enough. Actively ridiculing people who try to do this is beyond deplorable. She’s gone past the point of futility and into the realms of dangerous.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
That's the Strava security thing - people were getting broken into and having bones stolen by starting their journey outside their house. Mine always show as starting 100m away, as I live in a built up area (🔺) so that covers many houses.
It's the journey after that one - cycling from the station in London that goes to Southend - that convinced me there is something going on. Jack admitted she had a friend round on Sat evening!
This actually makes my blood boil, it’s no household mixing in London. It’s not oppression olympics but I won’t even go out for coffee with mum friends because those are the rules & you’ve got her travelling across the country to get laid? Grubby pair of cunts

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
Has she deleted this tweet yet? There are so many porkie pies in it. I’m going to post it again because it’s a doozy.

1. She’s donated THOUSANDS of books to food banks
2. Currently working with Marcus Rashford but it’s top secret
3. Involved with the National Food Strategy for the past year

<insert Jimmy Nail picture here>

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Also, it stuns me how casually she throws out a piece of writing with a very dark title (don't want to type it out) and then goes silent on social media where she usually tweets her every brain fart 24/7 (not counting dino nap time). So manipulative.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
If Jack had not had that brief period of financial hardship (I refuse to call it poverty) she wouldn't give a tit about the poor. Scrap that, those tweets show she still doesn't give a tit about the poor. All that she cared about was that she had not been chosen (thank The Lord) to front a show about budget cookery. Not once in those tweets does she mention anything but herself. She was poor, she was suicidal, she was a single mother, she used foodbanks, it was her niche, she slogged away, she was being screwed over. Memememememememememememememememe and me.

She riled me so much yesterday. I was only heartened by the fact that it is obvious that her time in the limelight is coming to an end.

If Louisa is still visiting, and she probably is, it doesn't necessarily mean they are getting back together. I stayed close to a guy I dated for a very short time. His life was a mess and I couldn't cope with him as a partner, but I still loved him and wanted to help him as much as I could. We became like very close siblings, where one is a mess and the other is exasperated but they won't turn their backs on each other. We were best friends and saw each other every day until he died a couple of years ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Beautifully put. This is lovely for anyone not too aware of him or his background: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000k8d1
It’s crazy but there are apparently people commenting on social media (I haven’t seen it) that he wasn’t as poor as he’s making out, because the Man Utd academy took him earlier than they should have given his family’s financial situation. I don’t know if that’s true but so what if it is? That’s so typical isn’t it, rather than certain quarters giving the boy the credit he deserves, they’d rather discredit him!

Im so impressed he’s seeing the big picture and doing everything he can to help. That is appropriate use of a platform. That is caring. That is helping.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.