Jack Monroe #93 I can’t believe she’s no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack promotes Amazon . Not a great company for paying tax.
We don't all pay our taxes. Mate

• Heart
Reactions: 38
i saw this on twitter and thought 'yes! it's only a matter of time before twitter people discover Jack's depressing slop and extremely dangerous Tory-validating message' but then i read the reply. i despair.

but it does show that people don't really pay much attention to her because if they did they'd realise that that shopping list could easily have been what she carried with her sad frail little body last sunday (In TWO TRIPS cos she's POOR)
It could have been her shopping list but it also could have been the list of ingredients in any of her recipes.
ETA except for the fact that it's actually a bit more honest and lists the price for a bag rather than a portion of rice / pasta / whatever.

Reactions: 25
The way she says ‘Krish’ is grating my mushrooms.
Frauen, today someone I follow on Twitter said that she’d stumbled into a thread on Tattle and was horrified. She’s got a lot of followers so a lot of people agreed, and said we were all awful, and how could we sleep, and don’t we have anything better to do. And I was a bit shook. And I tried to step outside and look at the threads (I only really go on this one) and see if I was being dreadful. I felt a bit uncomfortable. Have any of you faced this? Anyway I’ve grunkad and I don’t feel in the slightest bit uncomfortable now because she is still utterly despicable and you are all great.
I do find it a little ironic when someone on Twitter says that this site is awful though. Twitter can be a horrific place at times. I just find it hard to navigate as it's less about discussion and more about everyone just shouting to get their own voice heard. The real life equivalent is just walking into a room, shouting out your thoughts, and expecting people to respond to them 🤷‍♀️
I only really post on a couple of threads though. One misleads people by showing a lifestyle that isn't attainable as she doesn't declare what are ads and what's gifted, etc (Hinch). The other misleads people by showing a lifestyle that isn't attainable as she doesn't declare what she is paid in donations, patreon, tip jar, etc, and claims poverty yet lives in an affluent area in a house full of high end products (Jack). Both of these profiles are Limited Companies, so really should be transparent in how they work. It would be different if they were just a couple on instahuns who were gifted a wax melt once a year.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
Jack seems plausible if you don't look too closely, and then if you scratch the surface, the whole thing falls apart.

She experienced not having money for a short time (she was never in poverty), and put her pride and narcissism above feeding her son and keeping him warm and dry. I know that sounds very harsh, but it's the truth from her own words. She's milked the "briefly poor" story to this day, even up until yesterday where she wheeled it out as a reason why she couldn't be critiqued for joining in the KGM pile on when she was unable to defend her own position, except to say "well everyone else was tweeting it!"

She claims to be an anti poverty campaigner, but yesterday - a significant day - she was on instagram showing off her new Nigella book as she rested on her sofa in her large house in a beautiful area, while claiming to be suffering from burn out and criticising people who suggested donating to hungry children.

Meanwhile, people are losing their jobs and incomes in droves, and even key workers need to use food banks to feed their children NOW. She hasn't even the sense to appreciate her good fortune and is permanently "woe is me". No-one in the history of humanity has had it worse than Jack.

She does nothing that I can see apart from dinosaur nap and tweet, beg for tip jar donations, and spend money on high end consumer goods. She is rude and ungracious to squiggles who query her and ungrateful to those who do bankroll her.

The worst thing she does in my opinion is spread pro austerity propaganda via her pretend £20 a week shops.

Just a few morning thoughts!

• Heart
Reactions: 82
Marcus Rashfords astoundingly calm, rational and helpful stance in the face of extreme awfulness and Tory entitled wankery is an absolute joy to behold this morning. Regardless of your political opinion, it isn’t any kids fault they are hungry and he is doing an amazing job, just by re-tweeting the hundreds of public and private organisations that are willing to step up without a single swear word, rant, witch or even grumble. Putting his shoulder to the wheel and getting results. His mum (and wider family) must be so so proud of him too. Not only scoring goals for one of the biggest football teams in the world, but helping children compassionately and with quiet intelligence. No wonder Jack is incandescent with rage and “so tired”. She can’t hope to have even 10% of his impact.

• Heart
Reactions: 83
That's what it should be about. No kicking of shins and LOOK AT MEEEEE nonsense. Just a promotion of the issues and a willingness to talk.

Reactions: 43
I've ventured into a couple of other threads, got a bit scared and scampered ( :sick: ) back here, some of them can be really nasty! I only post in here and food and drink. One which I won't name for an instagramer, people actively go and troll her when she does instagram lives, I don't like crossover. I wish people would see this thread when tattle is talked about as being a vile cesspit of trolls!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
She still hasn't added the water needed for the Pangrattato Al Pomodoro soup. Or written up the anchoïade recipe. Or the butter sausage, kale and pea curry recipe. Or the scrambled eggs and mayo recipe. Or the... oh the list is neverending! How come I can remember the things she needs to do but she can't?!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Can you imagine being an anti-poverty campaigner and not sharing those Marcus Rashford tweets? Well, you don’t have to imagine - just check out Jacks likes but not shares. Nearly 300k of followers (many that could benefit from the tweets) and she is half heartedly liking a few but not sharing. How on earth can she say they are “working together”? How? God, I am irritated this morning. Good job I have a very busy week ahead or I might combust with the anger of a thousand (soft soft) suns.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Beautifully put. This is lovely for anyone not too aware of him or his background: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000k8d1

Marcus Rashfords astoundingly calm, rational and helpful stance in the face of extreme awfulness and Tory entitled wankery is an absolute joy to behold this morning. Regardless of your political opinion, it isn’t any kids fault they are hungry and he is doing an amazing job, just by re-tweeting the hundreds of public and private organisations that are willing to step up without a single swear word, rant, witch or even grumble. Putting his shoulder to the wheel and getting results. His mum (and wider family) must be so so proud of him too. Not only scoring goals for one of the biggest football teams in the world, but helping children compassionately and with quiet intelligence. No wonder Jack is incandescent with rage and “so tired”. She can’t hope to have even 10% of his impact.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Yesterday Katy Brand raised £25k for a Feed children at Christmas fund.

Yesterday Jack did Jack tit....

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 84
I'm sure lots of tattle is a hellscape, much like many areas of the internet. What people who moan about Tattle, the hellscape of Twitter, etc. fail to understand is that there is no obligation to read here or anywhere else. As long as stuff is legal (no hate speech, no trolling, which you cannot do on Tattle, as influencers aren't allowed here, etc.) I have no issue with anything.

I'm a leftie, and as a leftie I believe very strongly in freedom of speech (and I think in the UK and Europe we mainly have struck a good balance between freedom of speech and libel laws, defamation laws and hate speech laws). There a millions of websites I'd never frequent, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't exist.

This particular cabal is fantastic at calling people out and holding people to account - not just Jackie, but also the odd poster who ends of up this thread trying to just stir up tit. People have rightly (and politely) been called out here for racism, homophobia and probably a few other things.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
well, she's finally got round to retweeting MR. that's today's campaigning completed then. 🙄

must be dinosaur nap time!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Deep down, she must know that this spells the end of any *serious* media career? Her silence has been deafening.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I realised this morning, that all those people falling over themselves to praise Jack tit Monroe for ‘showing people how to cook and eat for £20 a week’ have NOT taken into account that she has shared custody, that she ‘works’ from home, that she doesn’t work shifts, she doesn’t have to deal with childcare. If her child is fussy she probably throws a packet of maize crisps at him until she perfects the mayo glaze on a single sausage then serves it to him. That £20 has been for food only, not bills or toiletries as we’ve previously discussed. She doesn’t pay for any transport. It doesn’t account for parents who may need to choose between nappies, formula or a couple of frozen pizzas. It’s also not taken into account people who may be shielding and for whom jauntily walking to a supermarket twice in one day is out of the bleeping question. Urgh the rage.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 92
Yeah and one of the replies to that actually recommends Jack!

View attachment 285020
Good god. Imagine scrolling Twitter for help and coming across anchoaïde eggs, stuffing soup and ball bag sausages. I despair.

A few years ago, I was actually in this position. Jack’s basic ethos of utilising cheap ingredients across meals and having a cupboard of herbs and spices did help me a lot. Now I see her still pleading poverty, completely out of touch with reality, does she have no pride?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
I know there are conspiracy wankers here who think Louisa's back on the scene but I refuse to believe that anyone is getting in close quarters with Jack after all the oily fish and potentially rancid eggs she keeps cramming into her craw all 22 hours of the day she's awake.
I am happy to be called a conspiracy wanker, but I can also look on Strava and see in 2 minutes that LC started and ended her bike ride on Saturday within a couple of hundred yards of Jack's house.

eta: Louisa if you are lurking here, perhaps you need to lock down your Strava a bit.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.