Jack Monroe #93 I can’t believe she’s no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jasmine Ali, Deputy Leader of LB Southwark, has tweeted that they will be providing free school meals for this half term. 👊🏻😊

• Heart
Reactions: 58
So she’s gone quiet this evening? How funny that Southend’s biggest gobshite never has anything to say while serious things are happening. Any other random day, she’s raving about crisps, or sandwiches, or garlic. One time there’s (theoretically) a bit of useful commentary she could add, and she’s all meek and mild and “having a break from the hellscape”. Anyone would think she doesn’t actually want to help 🤗
She’s had her arse handed to her and couldn’t get angry because blue ticker so she’s run off with her tail in between her legs. Hopefully she’s realised that she’s fucked up with the £20 shop and that she has nothing constructive to say on the issue.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
I think Jack is trying to be a poverty campaigner, without all the boring campaigning bit.

I really don't think there is anything she can do to make herself relevant again. And pretending she is working with MR is just weird.
Campaigning? She's done it mate.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
IncyGrunkaing. Noticed a few FB friends had 'liked' this. She's so annoying for being able to influence people in this way
Screenshot_2020-10-23-07-01-56-08.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: 11
I feel a massive delete-a-thon of the Sunday £20 shops are on the cards.
She's on the phone to Louisa begging her to get KGM to talk to her on Twitter and give her positive strokes because the Right-Wing faction, she warned everyone about, is just about to make her their Poverty Poster Girl!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I would bet my (owned, forever home) house she isn’t alone tonight or she would be pumping out anger of a thousand wasps nests tweets - especially as our illustrious Tory MPs are handing out the ammunition in their copy and paste responses to the criticism about the vote last night...mine included. She certainly hasn’t had SB around for a couple of days (is it half term down south? We are usually the week after my brothers in Leics so never know!) so a date night could be on the cards, I suppose.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
IncyGrunkaing. Noticed a few FB friends had 'liked' this. She's so annoying for being able to influence people in this way
View attachment 284769
This does my nut in. She is saying absolutely nothing groundbreaking, merely parroting what has been said since what 2007/8? All her hot political tweets have been rehashed from someone else... yet because she's tweeting something that most people think, but to an audience of 250k, she is therefore an activist. All the people I volunteer with (who do far more than me) are a million times the activist than she will ever be. Deeds not words and all that. And deeds where you get people to buy your book (and you pocket the royalties) don't count bab xx

• Heart
Reactions: 53
The basis of her career was flawed from the beginning. It was inevitable that those people that think the poor are feckless would pick up on this. The surprising thing is that it took them so long. She has shown them that it is possible to feed an adult and child on £20 a week (it isn't) and they are lapping it up. It's out there now, she can delete all she likes, but they will reference her (apparent) frugality for years to come.

She has completely sold out the very people she set out to help.....no, scratch that, she only set out to help herself.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Out of interest, how many people have had the spectre of Jack enter their dreams? I once had one which involved her arguing with me about plantains...
Grunking away here, I recently dreamt about that charity cooking thing she did where someone mentioned she was rude? In my dream they wanted everyone to introduce themselves & when it came to Jack (who was late) she got pissy stating “what is the point in this ? Everyone knows who I am!” Cue everyone looking at her bewildered as to who the hell she was.
To be fair; that may well have been what actually happened.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
The way she says ‘Krish’ is grating my mushrooms.
Frauen, today someone I follow on Twitter said that she’d stumbled into a thread on Tattle and was horrified. She’s got a lot of followers so a lot of people agreed, and said we were all awful, and how could we sleep, and don’t we have anything better to do. And I was a bit shook. And I tried to step outside and look at the threads (I only really go on this one) and see if I was being dreadful. I felt a bit uncomfortable. Have any of you faced this? Anyway I’ve grunkad and I don’t feel in the slightest bit uncomfortable now because she is still utterly despicable and you are all great.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 70
Not sure if any of you saw this tweet. It is a long thread, therefore made the author handle visible so you can look into the whole situation.
7D951BD0-CC68-4F14-8C1D-8B624E585E19.jpeg

This situation was so lovely. People who didn’t know a single mother & child pulled together to make their life easier after abusive times. Yes it’s awful the government is restricting meals for impoverished children but it’s good to know communities are ensuring those in need have their basic needs met.

Jackamo really needs to eat some humble pie and wind her neck in.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Frauen, today someone I follow on Twitter said that she’d stumbled into a thread on Tattle and was horrified. She’s got a lot of followers so a lot of people agreed, and said we were all awful, and how could we sleep, and don’t we have anything better to do. And I was a bit shook. And I tried to step outside and look at the threads (I only really go on this one) and see if I was being dreadful. I felt a bit uncomfortable. Have any of you faced this? Anyway I’ve grunkad and I don’t feel in the slightest bit uncomfortable now because she is still utterly despicable and you are all great.
I won't name names, but I do occasionally pop into a particular celeb thread to catch up on their crazy bullshit and the people who post in there are bleeping brutal. Really frequently shocking name calling and horribleness - I don't consider the Jack threads to be even remotely close to some of the other behaviour I've seen on this site. So I can well believe someone saw another little Tattle community and was shocked by it.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Just a bit more evidence documenting

Couldn't fit all the tweets in one ss, but Jack fan is replying to the awful squiggles in first ss

View attachment 284729View attachment 284730
What is wrong with people? We can’t just let kids starve because their parents have Sky Q and smart phones. The whole system probably needs to be completely overhauled but how many children will starve to death before that happens?

She’s extremely contradictory. What she’s saying is she pays her taxes (ahem) so she shouldn’t have to contribute to charity - well I pay my taxes so “my” money shouldn’t go to Jack via some poor soul’s winter fuel payment...

• Heart
Reactions: 49
She certainly hasn’t had SB around for a couple of days (is it half term down south? We are usually the week after my brothers in Leics so never know!) so a date night could be on the cards, I suppose.
I know there are conspiracy wankers here who think Louisa's back on the scene but I refuse to believe that anyone is getting in close quarters with Jack after all the oily fish and potentially rancid eggs she keeps cramming into her craw all 22 hours of the day she's awake.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
The thing is about Tattle, I think each thread is totally unique. The Meghan Markle thread made me want to weep, although I’ll confess I haven’t looked at it in a long, long while. I probably looked at it six months ago or more, and it really bothered me. This thread is just full to the brim with clever and insightful humans, who are sick of seeing Jack trick people out of money. Jack is a bully and a fraud, so she deserves to have her behaviour dissected IMO. But then, perhaps thats how people feel about MM?

• Heart
Reactions: 73
I think she's pissed off her reissue of "potatoes" hasn't done numbers.

3.8k retweets is pathetic for a following her size on a day like today. That's got to hurt.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
The thing is about Tattle, I think each thread is totally unique. The Meghan Markle thread made me want to weep, although I’ll confess I haven’t looked at it in a long, long while. I probably looked at it six months ago or more, and it really bothered me. This thread is just full to the brim with clever and insightful humans, who are sick of seeing Jack trick people out of money. Jack is a bully and a fraud, so she deserves to have her behaviour dissected IMO. But then, perhaps thats how people feel about MM?
I first came here to look at the Meghan threads, and they were just full of the maddest conspiracy theories about fake bumps, fake babies, fake births...I'm no conspiracy wanker, I want receipts! Which R Jackie provides in droves (not for her Ocado delivery though).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
I think you're probably right on that, I haven't seen the MM thread but I've seen a couple of others - mostly they're fairly dull compared to these :ROFLMAO: but occasionally you'll find some extremely vicious slut shamey type behaviour on others which is the kind of thing I think anyone on the Jack threads would never tolerate on here.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.