Jack Monroe #93 I can’t believe she’s no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing is about Tattle, I think each thread is totally unique. The Meghan Markle thread made me want to weep, although I’ll confess I haven’t looked at it in a long, long while. I probably looked at it six months ago or more, and it really bothered me. This thread is just full to the brim with clever and insightful humans, who are sick of seeing Jack trick people out of money. Jack is a bully and a fraud, so she deserves to have her behaviour dissected IMO. But then, perhaps thats how people feel about MM?
This is very true - I think the JM thread is unique in that it has attracted a lot of really interesting and intelligent people and the conversation is extremely respectful and tolerant compared to most parts of the internet.

Last time I looked at the coronavirus thread it seemed to be loads of people talking about how much they fancy Dominic Raab and Rishi Sunak :oops:. Backed very slowly out of that one and never returned...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
The way she says ‘Krish’ is grating my mushrooms.
Frauen, today someone I follow on Twitter said that she’d stumbled into a thread on Tattle and was horrified. She’s got a lot of followers so a lot of people agreed, and said we were all awful, and how could we sleep, and don’t we have anything better to do. And I was a bit shook. And I tried to step outside and look at the threads (I only really go on this one) and see if I was being dreadful. I felt a bit uncomfortable. Have any of you faced this? Anyway I’ve grunkad and I don’t feel in the slightest bit uncomfortable now because she is still utterly despicable and you are all great.
I stick to these threads.

I’ve scanned a couple of other threads where I’ve actually heard of the subject but they’re not my cup of tea at all.

Staying here for the slop, lard and rinsed beans.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
This is very true - I think the JM thread is unique in that it has attracted a lot of really interesting and intelligent people and the conversation is extremely respectful and tolerant compared to most parts of the internet.

Last time I looked at the coronavirus thread it seemed to be loads of people talking about how much they fancy Dominic Raab and Rishi Sunak :oops:. Backed very slowly out of that one and never returned...
I remember when the Food and Drink thread was in its first throes of creation and we ended up shuttling down the Tory man love wormhole and I saw some things that night 😳

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
I think she's pissed off her reissue of "potatoes" hasn't done numbers.

3.8k retweets is pathetic for a following her size on a day like today. That's got to hurt.
But potatoes are not that expensive I bought a decent bag of all rounders from Tesco's today for 85p. That will last us about a week for a variety of meals.

Reactions: 18

Loooool some of the Downing Street honeys post on here 😂😂

I remember when the Food and Drink thread was in its first throes of creation and we ended up shuttling down the Tory man love wormhole and I saw some things that night 😳
Yes! This is where we met some of them and they’re lush

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Just wanted to pop this in from the last thread...Vlad has a great sense of humour :)

Imagine being the poor analyst having to review the efficacy of the new algorithm placing bespoke adverts on Tattle. We have set AI back a generation.

1603407067900.png

• Haha
Reactions: 75
I stay on the JM threads, although I originally joined for some other insta drama, the subject of which has gone private now.

There are some incredibly nasty threads on a number of "influencers" local to me. Just full of hate and insults and ripping them to shreds with no humour at all.

You guys are all hilarious though.

Reactions: 37
I seriously struggle with the fact that someone with her following and booksales, deals and stints on TV that she is struggling. I mean I honestly have never seen, read or heard about any other person like her and done any of the roles she has done moan about being skint., ( Whilst still active " interrupt how you see fit" in that role)

Normally after a while the work dried up and they wander off into pastures new, but she is still "around" yet has to live like a pauper. Ok she give out some recipies for free but she does sell things and get money other ways so why is she still sooo poor.

Tightening your belt is ok, but by rights she should still be able to live like an ordinary working person with an income.. if it's because she is freelance she should have money set aside for rainy days. It makes no sense at all....
I honestly think it would be decent off her to donate some money to Marcus thingy because if her and her kid truly know what hunger feels like you would do your upmost to ensure no child feels it.

She could take it out of her milk man money and buy her milk from the local shop like the rest of us. It's cheaper and tastes mostly the same youre paying only for the convenience.

Reactions: 24
I won't name names, but I do occasionally pop into a particular celeb thread to catch up on their crazy bullshit and the people who post in there are bleeping brutal. Really frequently shocking name calling and horribleness - I don't consider the Jack threads to be even remotely close to some of the other behaviour I've seen on this site. So I can well believe someone saw another little Tattle community and was shocked by it.
I think I might know that thread. I almost feel sorry for the subject. Jack’s wet dream is these threads being like that in tone. Also I think in some threads people have to make up conspiracy theories, etc. As they have nothing to talk about. With Jack she’s constantly providing material.

It is sad though as I do think it ruins Tattle’s rep a bit. Non-Tattlers think we’re all like that.

I think you're probably right on that, I haven't seen the MM thread but I've seen a couple of others - mostly they're fairly dull compared to these :ROFLMAO: but occasionally you'll find some extremely vicious slut shamey type behaviour on others which is the kind of thing I think anyone on the Jack threads would never tolerate on here.
This is very true. When people have attempted this with Jack here, even the most vehement anti-Jackers call them out.

There’s a nice code of honour here that I like. What makes it even better is It doesn’t serve Jack’s agenda in the slightest

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
‘I’ ‘me’ ‘my’ - this is not about YOU Jack!
SHE has raised hundreds of thousands of pounds for food banks??

Has she duck. WTF is this about, the book donation scam? It’s made me so angry. Bitching about a charity tweet, making it all about HER and how SHE felt slighted. Bloviating on about tax.

Kids are hungry now, we can’t wait for a perfect world to feed them.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I think she's pissed off her reissue of "potatoes" hasn't done numbers.

3.8k retweets is pathetic for a following her size on a day like today. That's got to hurt.
That “Potatoes” piece is pathetic. It says nothing about the wider issue of poverty. It’s just yet another overwrought rehash of Jack’s now rather antique “origin story”. It’s actually pretty embarrassing. It’s no wonder the vast majority of her followers have ignored it.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
The way she says ‘Krish’ is grating my mushrooms.
Frauen, today someone I follow on Twitter said that she’d stumbled into a thread on Tattle and was horrified. She’s got a lot of followers so a lot of people agreed, and said we were all awful, and how could we sleep, and don’t we have anything better to do. And I was a bit shook. And I tried to step outside and look at the threads (I only really go on this one) and see if I was being dreadful. I felt a bit uncomfortable. Have any of you faced this? Anyway I’ve grunkad and I don’t feel in the slightest bit uncomfortable now because she is still utterly despicable and you are all great.
No theres some threads on here where people are just vicious for vicious sake. I often feel they would say something nasty if the person were to give away 1 million to each of their followers cough cough mrs Hinchs thread. I'm not a fan but I read there watch the stories and find it such a reach sometimes.
Whereas here it's people putting their points across in a witty intelligent manner.
Maybe its because jack i
..themselves..herself i have no idea what her preference is today, is quite dangerous. One cleans their house is heavy on the swipe ups for tat. One thinks shes solved child poverty with a fake £20 shop and a few tweets

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I'm mainly on this thread and the wan fur oor bespoke and boojie Mario, with a read of the celebrity one and occasional post. I originally ended up here because of Philip Schofield and his toy boy runner until it died a death. I also kept up with the Sellers of Daughters till they became hopelessly cancelled.

I won't dip into the Meghan threads at all as they're full of weird conspiracy theories and foaming at the mouth.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I’ve never strayed from here, had a look at the Meghan thread once and it was horrible. Had never heard of Mrs Hinch either. I can see how those threads give the site a bad name, shame because I think the Jack ones are fair, honest & most of all brilliant comedy.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
In the past I have occasionally popped in here as I used to quite like JM but recently started to find her annoying on Twitter.

Anyway after making my way through the most recent threads, thank you for making me laugh out loud!

Her tweets to KGM were so hypocritical because she relies on donations when it’s her responsibility to feed HER child. exactly what she is criticising the government for - failing to provide for her child and waiting for someone else to foot the bill!

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.