Jack Monroe #86 Precariously fine, not smelly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @Geetbo the sock king for the thread title - you’ve popped your thread title cherry. 123 reactions 🎉 Your prize: a year’s worth of socks.

Recap of thread 85
  1. Jack Monroe: Riverdance. Something’s got to help three devilled eggs through the digestive system. Hhhhnnnngggg.
  2. She brought up her 4.5 GCSEs again and how she showed her ex-teacher what’s what. Needless to say, last laughs were had, etc.
  3. She’s going to make a huuuuuge list of independent artists, small shops and creatives to help with Christmas shopping. She really is. Just after this dinosaur nap.
  4. Her next brainchild has been launched! Thrifty Shades of Beige, how droll. ‘Premium quality recipe cards through your letterbox’ (okay) of comfort foods, classics and reimagined faves. All for the low, low price of £9.50 + VAT per month. The cards are limited, so hurry, hurry. Or not.
  5. She’s also currently editing hundreds of testimonies of life and death under austerity Britain. Still?
  6. She bought some tit art with a right on political message.
  7. There were puddings with questionable sauce, if you cared enough.
  8. She’s ‘eaten well this week’. M&S does have a cracking ready meal selection.
  9. Her pal Marcus Rashford is getting an MBE. She isn’t. But she’s known about this for literally ages, okay?
  10. Behold her newest curry on instagram, and she really doesn’t know why you couldn’t comment before, but you can now, so please comment! If you want to!!
  11. Please add anything I have missed.
    [*]
    For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
    Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’

‘I did a chaos’

‘My maverick brain’

‘My sad little face’

‘I’m BUSY’

‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’

‘I laughed up a lung’

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now duck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
    • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
    • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
    • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
    • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
    • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
    • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
    • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
    • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.
    [*]
    Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.
    [*]

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 86
Of course, sorry!
Here is the link for @TurnedUpInTipp ’s foray into the caption art world. It will be cartoon filters next - don’t get up in Jackie M’s niche now!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
The beige recipe cards went up in price to £10.00 (plus VAT) an hour after she tweeted the link.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
I always think that Jack can’t get any more embarrassing but then I’m reminded of her compulsive posting into that weird make up group on Facebook and my oesophagus tightens with second-hand shame.

In some ways it must be quite liberating to live as though you are they very centre of worldly operations (although it’s clearly doing her little good). Honestly, though, her total lack of inhibition wrt sharing every facet of herself online is actually quite scary.

I definitely, definitely think that Jack could commit murder or some other heinous crime and manage to justify herself as some kind of heroic victim. To herself, at least: she’s too sloppy to get away with it.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Her cartoon filters are safe!
Sorry @TurnedUpInTipp I missed loads yesterday and didn’t get to see your video until just now...I actually choked on the chocolate I was eating (severe chocking too)...you’re an absolute legend, but that vid needs to come with a health warning for possible lungs being hooted up! Bravo 👏 that was brilliant 🙌

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Sorry @TurnedUpInTipp I missed loads yesterday and didn’t get to see your video until just now...I actually choked on the chocolate I was eating (severe chocking too)...you’re an absolute legend, but that vid needs to come with a health warning for possible lungs being hooted up! Bravo 👏 that was brilliant 🙌
Thank you so Matt much, Matt!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Number o years working for the post office here, we had many customers who would bring huge amounts of mails daily, our 'regulars'. Would never have had any reason to have their phone numbers. Post office is just a middle man for Royal Mail. Would have absolutely no authority to tell anyone to post less...the only thing we would ever do is recommend a direct pick up service from RM themselves to make life easier for the client. Also posting overseas is just as simple as posting local, just more expensive obviously...

• Heart
Reactions: 44
she's gained 19 patrons since first announcing the scam.

if they've opted for the beige tier, that's £190 extra a month, with no real obligation to do anything. these poor people

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
she's gained 19 patrons since first announcing the scam.

if they've opted for the beige tier, that's £190 extra a month, with no real obligation to do anything. these poor people
A phenomenal reaction indeed. (As much as £190 extra quid a month for sweet fa would benefit somebody, I'm so glad only 19 people out of 283k have fallen for this)

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 29
A phenomenal reaction indeed. (As much as £190 extra quid a month for sweet fa would benefit somebody, I'm so glad only 19 people out of 283k have fallen for this)
imagine she donated this money to a foodbank (or similar) the difference it could make over a year, rather than funding her microblading and GCSE art pieces :mad:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
This personalised bauble just appeared in my box... am I being watched? 👀
Definitely triangulated. Jack will show up at your house on Christmas Day, accompanied by a homemade slop dinner. You’ll have to welcome her in, it being the season of good will and all that

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Definitely triangulated. Jack will show up at your house on Christmas Day, accompanied by a homemade slop dinner. You’ll have to welcome her in, being the season of good will and all that
maybe offer her some poisoned kombucha?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.