Jack Monroe #86 Precariously fine, not smelly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Plus ça change.
This is only two (2) years ago!
So Jack's son was asking for comics when he was, what, a year old?

This is the absolute kicker:
Emma: You launched a Kickstarter to pay for copies of the book to go into food bank boxes? How did it go?
Jack: It raised £18,000 in three days – enough to put four copies into every Trussell Trust food bank in the country. That makes me feel so very proud.
The pie is revolting but she looks nice in the photo. I know it’s been edited but she looks approachable and normal. Her orange hair phase was ridiculous in my opinion but even then she looked better. Can’t pinpoint what’s changed as it’s not because she’s ageing. I don’t know, just reminds me of this (though admittedly she was a nasty piece of work back then, too)

4171C1A9-DDD7-4AB1-A16E-CF598800A780.jpeg

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
Emma: What did you do?
Jack: In that first year, I applied for 300 jobs – it was soul destroying. Before I had Johnny I’d gotten every job I applied for. After I had him, I turned into a bedraggled, skinny, grubby, single mother with dark circles under my eyes, looking harassed, walking into shops with a crying child in tow, and asking about vacancies in the window. I ended up very cold, very hungry, selling everything I owned in order to scrape money together for food and heating.

'Gotten', where are you all in the US of A looking for a grubby little urchin to transform your salad jellies? https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/grandmas_sunshine_salad/

• Angry
Reactions: 32
Why did she have to be grubby,? You can get shower gel for like 50p. I know because I bought it when I was skint. A bar of soap costs a quid for four in some places and lasts longer than liquid soap. I know this because I use it when I shower.

Reactions: 37
I just had a (brief) look at Jack's Patreon and she is describing herself as
Jack Monroe
is creating recipes, essays, books, photography, art, poetry, features, mess

I think that mess is the operative word here. 317 Patrons so far :(

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I met a Canadian woman once whose parents were US citizens who had gone north in protest at their own country. "The Vietnam war?" I asked. "Well that was the start of it," she said, "but the final straw was an interview with Ronald Reagan where he said his favourite colour was beige."

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I met a Canadian woman once whose parents were US citizens who had gone north in protest at their own country. "The Vietnam war?" I asked. "Well that was the start of it," she said, "but the final straw was an interview with Ronald Reagan where he said his favourite colour was beige."
Thank you for that, it gave me a proper belly laugh!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Why did she say she 'fixed' her Instagram comments like they were broken when she quite clearly just errrr turned comments back on? Also does she realise she is posting those food pics in all their glory and not at all protected by her cartoon security feature? Wtf? Doesn't she care about food safety any longer?

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.