Jack Monroe #79 Big mistake. Big. HUGE.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Now I'm wondering is Jack winding Louisa up, or is Louisa winding Jack up? 20 years is an incredibly long time to wait to get another dog.
I'm beginning to think they are actually more similar than we've given them credit for. Dare I say, made for eachother?
I'm wondering whether Louisa might have told Jack that she's thinking about getting a dog, and that's what brought this on, as a way to wangle her way in to Louisa's life again? Or just plain copying her? Hopefully it will be forgotten about in a day or so.
Definitely made for each other. The moment they started giggling like two immature schoolgirls while hiding THAT MAN'S books in the bookstore told me they deserve each other.

Only they will know the current dynamic of their relationship, and the reason(s) for Louisa leaving so abruptly. Not sure what it is, but there is definitely an undercurrent in their online exchanges. JM tagging LC with unsolicited references to her childhood dog. LC replying using precisely the same descriptive words in her reply. There is some form of passive-aggressiveness, but not sure what. Speculation, but can't help thinking that JM seeking to exercise some element of control in the relationship became an issue, and it is still being played out. I sense that LC is knowingly giving pleasant replies & 'likes', which of course she has to given her professional profile, but is in effect returning fire by letting JM know that she is not rising to the bait. Replying that she is ready to now get another dog after 20 years is demonstrating her getting on with life .... your loss. JM hasn't 'liked' the response. Anyway, enough from me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Someone said she should have used a pink bowl and we got a peek inside the Cotswold! Remember the nudge nudge wink wink Octopus mug? Front and centre.
23B80B71-C145-4E7D-A95D-251B2C76247F.jpeg

The flat she’s hinting up a storm about, she’s suggested being a housesitter for whoever lives there, or alternatively that they all band together and become a writer’s commune. How stable for SB. A brave squiggle asked if he could retweet the link but Master says NO!
14AC88CC-703B-4D88-8613-85A077D3F7E2.jpeg

Legal fraus...... How does one ‘dupe’ a recipe? Does one accidentally admit to copying?
E9395027-0312-4A73-8A7D-51C8445374DA.jpeg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
Did I not see on here a good while back that she says she lives frugally in order to keep the "dogs" from the door in the form of being poor again.

I get from that is that she has money put away for a Rainey day. If so then she does in fact some money and should be ready and able to use it for times like now when she's a bit skint.

If she is careful and by that I mean stays away from expensive sideboards and fancy clothes she could dip into her savings to eat a little bit better, until such times her earnings are better. Course her savings won't last forever but if she dips in casually for food and regular stuff she shouldn't make too much of a dent and if it is looking that way then it's really is time she looked for something with better and more frequent wage packets.

My mum always use to say to me you cannot have money and spend it
It's one or the other, just be careful.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Someone said she should have used a pink bowl and we got a peek inside the Cotswold! Remember the nudge nudge wink wink Octopus mug? Front and centre. View attachment 258935
The flat she’s hinting up a storm about, she’s suggested being a housesitter for whoever lives there, or alternatively that they all band together and become a writer’s commune. How stable for SB. A brave squiggle asked if he could retweet the link but Master says NO!View attachment 258938
Legal fraus...... How does one ‘dupe’ a recipe? Does one accidentally admit to copying?View attachment 258939
Suspect she didn’t like us dumping her main & alt twitter’s history in their entireties 😂 Her being private is the only thing that can stop the script, something she’ll know as she’ll be paying to use some one else’s in order to mass delete her tweets.

Will trade a free script for you to do a confessional guardian piece on your decade of class cosplay?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
View attachment 258775
tweeted and deleted.

View attachment 258780
🤢🤢🤢View attachment 258781
Wishing you hadn’t made it up said anything?
Jack in "friends with DAUGHTER OF A LITERAL BARON" shock. How does her cosying up with the likes of Alsopp, Sarah Vine and Jizz Loans square with her "duck the rich" posturing?

The only way that phone is staying in the hall is if her desk is there too. I honestly don't think she's capable of not checking Twitter for an extended period of time.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Someone said she should have used a pink bowl and we got a peek inside the Cotswold! Remember the nudge nudge wink wink Octopus mug? Front and centre. View attachment 258935
The flat she’s hinting up a storm about, she’s suggested being a housesitter for whoever lives there, or alternatively that they all band together and become a writer’s commune. How stable for SB. A brave squiggle asked if he could retweet the link but Master says NO!View attachment 258938
Legal fraus...... How does one ‘dupe’ a recipe? Does one accidentally admit to copying?View attachment 258939
I read that with Ange and Beverley's voices from Abigails Party.
"Did you make that bircher yourself?"
"No Ange, but I could do."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Hello! I'm back. Why? Because JM is an IDIOT. I want a dog. I want a baby. I bought 2 coats last week. I am very poor. I eat mouldy vegetables. I love yellow stickers. I use little red love hearts. I have a scaly forehead. I found a scarf in my little mouse ears. I'm private, I ache inside, no I'M OKAY!

Me: Jack, buy a bleeping pack of salmon pieces, some potatoes, some beautiful green vegetables and eat one bleeping decent meal without bleeping talking about it.

Jack: (laughing) I know right?

(Oh, we're still allowed to swear, right?)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
I’m bemused by the 2 coat thing. If she had a poor relationship with the dad I would understand, I’ve heard of ex’s withholding clothes.
I have an 11 year old. Every year I buy her a really good quality coat and every year I pray it will fit the next year (not once!). What a waste of money. At least get a winter coat and a good waterproof, 2 of the same is spectacularly stupid and wasteful.
Can recommend Land's End coats for kids. They are really expensive full price, but have fantastic sales. They come with sleeves that you can let out and truly last for two winters. Plus the quality means that they work well as hand-me downs, so I got four year's wear out of each coat. Here's a non affiliate link: https://www.landsend.co.uk/Boys_Wat...645.html?cgid=11420&dwvar_P__40645_color= ZZQ

In the Jan/Feb sale you can pick them up for around $20-30 (I mean pounds, but on a strange keyboard right now).

This a serious question can you give me any advice re a routine for cleaning. I absolutely fkn hate cleaning and my house is a tit hole. I'm at my last tether with it !!! Sorry to derail thread but I'm thinking of burning the house down rather than face the cleaning of it 😓
It's the only solution.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
If she has given up on the poverty book then that has to be the final straw for her sycophantic followers.

How can she justify asking people pour their hearts out in emails to her for a book that she will never write? It's just so, so wrong, complete exploitation and deception of vulnerable people.
I dont think there ever will be a final straw for some of her fans. She could literally spit on their face and they'd make excuses for her. I think its like a sunk cost fallacy "ive spent so much time online following and defending this person, i cant change my mind now"

Whenever she pulls a horrendous tweet sesh they all seem to miss it so either theyre asleep or have "chaos blinders"

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Can recommend Land's End coats for kids. They are really expensive full price, but have fantastic sales. They come with sleeves that you can let out and truly last for two winters. Plus the quality means that they work well as hand-me downs, so I got four year's wear out of each coat. Here's a non affiliate link: https://www.landsend.co.uk/Boys_Waterproof_Squall_Jacket/pp/P_40645.html?cgid=11420&dwvar_P__40645_color= ZZQ

In the Jan/Feb sale you can pick them up for around $20-30 (I mean pounds, but on a strange keyboard right now).

It's the only solution.
40% off if you sign up to their newsletter #idontworkforthem #honest

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Can recommend Land's End coats for kids. They are really expensive full price, but have fantastic sales. They come with sleeves that you can let out and truly last for two winters. Plus the quality means that they work well as hand-me downs, so I got four year's wear out of each coat. Here's a non affiliate link: https://www.landsend.co.uk/Boys_Wat...645.html?cgid=11420&dwvar_P__40645_color= ZZQ

Sadly we are out of children’s sizes now. She’s 5ft 2 and it has to fit over a blazer. I used to get fat face kids ones in the sales are they are also really good. Also she’s too cool for any colour in her coats now 🙄

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.