Jack Monroe #79 Big mistake. Big. HUGE.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @Froggies for your first thread title! 75 reactions šŸŽ‰ Be proud of yourself.

Recap of thread #78

1. Jack really is the luckiest little urchin alive. To find a pristine Burberry scarf in a puddle of mud and have no one claim it despite very, very, many, many attempts to locate the owner is the stuff of dreams. Literal dreams.
  2. She knows how to slice a leek. She went on a bit about leeks on toast in various iterations. Stop trying to make leeks on toast happen.
  3. Despite recently giving up sweets and biscuits she ate five biscuits and a Crunchie.
  4. She could name half a dozen household name outlets that serve her recipes ... that may be, but will they? Might affect business.
  5. She is trying to get up in Marcus Rashfordā€™s niche AGAIN, you know that particular niche of actually doing something worthwhile for others and not making it about himself. You are not and never will be his Mr Miyagj, Jack.
  6. She needs a rich and heavy moisturiser for her scaly forehead and shiny eyes ... her eyes?
  7. Apparently sheā€™s still got quite a bit of The Shop (Asda) left. Prolly cos youā€™ve been eating Ocado and Tesco Finest all week, love.
  8. She posted some more photos of food that looked neither tempting nor aspirational.
  9. Welfare Queen went to Asda and spent a tenner, showing off her yellow stickers like a badge of honour. Sheā€™s going back tomorrow to spend another tenner. Wild times.
  10. Thereā€™s liver and yellow stickered bags of salad. Get ready for offal surprise and E. coli pesto, everyone! Itā€™s good to have you ā€˜backā€™, Jack.
  11. First up: rainbow dhansak with the reduced to 10p bag of veg. Apparently she refused orders from the veg and went all subversive. Dr Do-Little disobeys the vegetables šŸŽµ
  12. I havenā€™t had time to properly grunka cos BUSY yā€™all, so please add anything Iā€™ve missed. TYNGTAF šŸ˜˜
    [*]
    For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ā€˜s ā€˜Jack for Dummiesā€™ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
    Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jackā€™s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

ā€˜Babe, sameā€™

ā€˜I did a chaosā€™

ā€˜My maverick brainā€™

ā€˜My sad little faceā€™

ā€˜Iā€™m BUSYā€™

ā€˜I HOOTED / I am FIZZINGā€™

ā€˜I laughed up a lungā€™
    šŸ„“
    One of Jackā€™s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfrausā„¢ļø. She also recently referred to us as ā€˜gossip mavensā€™ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ā€˜GrunkaLunkaā€™ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so thatā€™s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it wonā€™t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that itā€™s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ā€˜RIP Vivā€™ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putinā€™s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ā€˜horse spunkā€™ - there may be some horse ā€˜spiritā€™ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ā€˜Thank you so Matt much, Mattā€™, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ā€˜Now duck offā€™. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jackā€™s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ā€˜Sheā€™s Lyingā€™ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jackā€™s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that sheā€™s lying.*

Also:
    • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
    • She got a Ā£4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
    • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
    • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jackā€™s words: ā€˜She [Louisa] leftā€™.
    • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
    • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
    • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ā€˜It just does.ā€™
    • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.

Here is a link to Jackā€™s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ā€˜Terrible!ā€™ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ā€˜s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we donā€™t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.
    [*]

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 107
A lovely little up sum as always @Pocahontas

I'd like to add that by my (very rough because I don't really give a tit) count Jack now has 13 days until her misty-eyed poverty memoir/ D grade Wiki researched book report is due

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Thank you Frauen, I feel truly accepted into the cabal now

Going OFF TOPIC here (soz Jack), but youā€™re all wonderful and hilarious and I read more than I comment due to being on a constant Grunka, bloody work gets in the way now. From the days of DKL I have been here hooting up a lung at all your funny comments. (Also cannot watch Matt on food unwrapped without thinking of you all!)
Much love you bunch of horrible trolls. Now duck off.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 91
Does anyone know why she makes two trips to Asda? I don't think she's mentioned it ...

• Haha
Reactions: 40
How far are we away from the bullshit book deadline?

As others have said, sheā€™s bad enough begging for money, but to pretend that a ten year old boy is getting a week's worth of food there is dangerous. As we have seen, lots of her followers hang on her every flowery adjective, and might be impressionable enough to think that their own 10 year olds can get by on 200-300 calories a day.

I have boys the same kind of age. Full fat milk, real butter, cream, healthy fats like avocados, coconut milk etc etc etc form an important part of their diets. Theyā€™re not on bleeping slimming World! My kids are very active, and donā€™t have a roll of fat between them, so itā€™s not like theyā€™re being over fed. Every morning they share a platter of fruit, then will have either a bowl of porridge or scrambled/poached eggs on wholewheat toast, sometimes bacon pancakes, or crepes. I do them a huge packed lunch each, full of fruit, salad, and something warm to go with.

Dinner my kids have things like today - a huge roast. Brisket cooked down with red wine, goose fat roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings, carrots and parsnips cooked in butter and oil. They had a home made sticky toffee pudding with cream for dessert, and this evening after a bath theyā€™ve just had cheese on toast. They only drink water and donā€™t eat tit like ā€˜maize snacksā€™. I only buy very high welfare organic meat, and cook it to go far. I buy organic low nitrate bacon, organic free range eggs.

She should be looking for workarounds to get people eating better quality food and produce from the UK/local, rather than ordering the plebs to eat eyelid sausages and low calorie tasteless slop for a growing boy. She also neglects to mention that heā€™s probably hardly ever there! So she not only is lying about only spending Ā£20 a week in the first place, for him itā€™s not even a full week. Show me a ten year old that isnā€™t permanently ravenous, please! I know they can be fussy, but theyā€™re literally growing like weeds at this age and will eat accordingly. When I make a lasagne, properly cooked down glossy ragu, with proper creamy bĆ©chamel (sorry Jack, I know itā€™s maverick), I make a salad on the side, and my kids still have 2 portions each. If I pick them up from school without at least an apple or banana each they are practically howling all the way home. If I get a chance to, before I pick them up, Iā€™ve been making hot chocolate and taking it down to school in a thermos. Banana, hot chocolate. Literally gets them by for about an hour before theyā€™re at the satsumas and plums and getting under my feet while I do dinner.

Sorry, thatā€™s turned into a scathing essay called ā€œKids Eat. A Lotā€.

• Heart
Reactions: 92
Does anyone know why she makes two trips to Asda? I don't think she's mentioned it ...
Yesterday she said she fancied a STOMP over to Aldi to look at the skincare. Perhaps she checked her tip jar balance and decided she could actually afford to buy some non knock off stuff (even though itā€™s fab imo) and stuck with Asda as she desperately tries to make them notice her.

• Haha
Reactions: 33

As others have said, sheā€™s bad enough begging for money, but to pretend that a ten year old boy is getting a week's worth of food there is dangerous. As we have seen, lots of her followers hang on her every flowery adjective, and might be impressionable enough to think that their own 10 year olds can get by on 200-300 calories a day.

I have boys the same kind of age. Full fat milk, real butter, cream, healthy fats like avocados, coconut milk etc etc etc form an important part of their diets. Theyā€™re not on bleeping slimming World! My kids are very active, and donā€™t have a roll of fat between them, so itā€™s not like theyā€™re being over fed. Every morning they share a platter of fruit, then will have either a bowl of porridge or scrambled/poached eggs on wholewheat toast, sometimes bacon pancakes, or crepes. I do them a huge packed lunch each, full of fruit, salad, and something warm to go with.

Dinner my kids have things like today - a huge roast. Brisket cooked down with red wine, goose fat roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings, carrots and parsnips cooked in butter and oil. They had a home made sticky toffee pudding with cream for dessert, and this evening after a bath theyā€™ve just had cheese on toast. They only drink water and donā€™t eat tit like ā€˜maize snacksā€™. I only buy very high welfare organic meat, and cook it to go far. I buy organic low nitrate bacon, organic free range eggs.

She should be looking for workarounds to get people eating better quality food and produce from the UK/local, rather than ordering the plebs to eat eyelid sausages and low calorie tasteless slop for a growing boy. She also neglects to mention that heā€™s probably hardly ever there! So she not only is lying about only spending Ā£20 a week in the first place, for him itā€™s not even a full week. Show me a ten year old that isnā€™t permanently ravenous, please! I know they can be fussy, but theyā€™re literally growing like weeds at this age and will eat accordingly. When I make a lasagne, properly cooked down glossy ragu, with proper creamy bĆ©chamel (sorry Jack, I know itā€™s maverick), I make a salad on the side, and my kids still have 2 portions each. If I pick them up from school without at least an apple or banana each they are practically howling all the way home. If I get a chance to, before I pick them up, Iā€™ve been making hot chocolate and taking it down to school in a thermos. Banana, hot chocolate. Literally gets them by for about an hour before theyā€™re at the satsumas and plums and getting under my feet while I do dinner.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Yesterday she said she fancied a STOMP over to Aldi to look at the skincare. Perhaps she checked her tip jar balance and decided she could actually afford to buy some non knock off stuff (even though itā€™s fab imo) and stuck with Asda as she desperately tries to make them notice her.
Is that what this is? Some huge plan to get Asda to notice her yellow sticker shite, so they'll collab on a JackPrice range? After the Sainsbury's debacle, she has more chance of ā€findingā€Nemo than a brand ever touching her again. Get to duck.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
All round to @PoorPatrol for lunch next Sunday šŸ˜‹. Growing kids eat loads and need high value calories. My son is still very fussy with regard to veg. He's older now, but I used to get veg (and fruit) into his diet by making fruit/raw veg platters for him to eat after school, along with say, crackers/toast, some cheese + something sweet. Filled him up just enough until dinner and meant I didn't stress about him not really wanting a variety of cooked veg.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

your food sounds lovely. i agree with every word.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Lovely new thread @Pocahontas thank you. Jack also got the nation using #POBP the cheeky little goblin.

at the end of the last thread there I noticed @Fraggle has a profile pic that I couldnā€™t discern whether itā€™s of some unruly labia or cheap wet ham and reader on zooming in...Iā€™m still not sure

399E959B-855C-4D9A-A520-7E261983F121.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 88
We didn't get a photo of the receipt this week because she also bought decent food and biscuits and cakes and stuff.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.