Jack Monroe #79 Big mistake. Big. HUGE.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So Jack has covered making any old tit out of tinned food and has moved on to making any old tit from almost out of date veg and poor quality meat.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
If you were going to do a £20 shop, surely the first thing you would buy would be a whole chicken? In Asda, the price of a whole chicken is £2.84. I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to cooking, but surely you could make 3-4 really good meals from one? And for the same price as the turkey dog bone and liver? The maverick mind of Jack strikes again!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
Someone asked what she was having it with and the answer is, of course, duh, the rainbow dhansak thingamy.

She also, while still in fear for her life and bravely uncartoon filtered told 280,000 people where her bedroom was in the house and that it’s uninsulated which is why she is so cold. Far be it for a non maverick like me to suggest, but perhaps she could move her 24/7 bobble hatted self downstairs?

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Yeah she wangs on about pretty much every detail of her life but never mentions housework/laundry (which is never ending) 🤔 x
Having seen the state of some of her clothes in 'those' photos, it’s clear laundry is something else she hasn’t got a clue about.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Someone asked what she was having it with and the answer is, of course, duh, the rainbow dhansak thingamy.

She also, while still in fear for her life and bravely uncartoon filtered told 280,000 people where her bedroom was in the house and that it’s uninsulated which is why she is so cold. Far be it for a non maverick like me to suggest, but perhaps she could move her 24/7 bobble hatted self downstairs?
I can't see Twitter so don't know what room she's on about, but if it's the main bedroom she could just take herself to the smaller bedroom that also has a double bed in. Would be easier to heat and keep warm?

Reactions: 14
I can't see Twitter so don't know what room she's on about, but if it's the main bedroom she could just take herself to the smaller bedroom that also has a double bed in. Would be easier to heat and keep warm?
That wouldn't be cause for rattling the tip jar/ sadfishing on Twitter though 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Yellow sticker shite is hardly a reliable option for her followers. Why doesn’t she care about their health and happiness? who wants to aspire to eat like that? Least of all SB! Why can’t she show people how to meal plan cleverly and cook good, simple food from scratch with minimal ingredients? That’s certainly what I’ve done when I’ve needed to. That’s what I do now tbh, it’s not always about spending less but reducing waste and plastic consumption, generally not being an idiot. And who has the time to take two trips to Asda for one shop?

#spoiler,
She had to split her poverty shop in 2 to make room for her crunchies, cheap wet ham and marmite luxuries. “2 separate receipts please, now duck off!”
I guess people would be better getting some £1-meal recipes from Miguel. At least they look appetising rather than relentlessly grim.

If you were going to do a £20 shop, surely the first thing you would buy would be a whole chicken? In Asda, the price of a whole chicken is £2.84. I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to cooking, but surely you could make 3-4 really good meals from one? And for the same price as the turkey dog bone and liver? The maverick mind of Jack strikes again!
Absolutely this if you are not vegetarian...or a pretend vegan like wot Jack is.

I am able to get a minimum of three meals from a £5 chicken. In the family I'm known for not wasting a chicken. Roast chicken day, chicken pie on day 2 or we have cold chicken sandwiches and then I boil the carcus and strip it on day 3. I chill or freeze the meat and keep a portion of the stock.
The meat I have stripped off makes chicken risotto or goes in a chicken curry.

Reactions: 28
I know this was last thread, but I was behind when it was posted - her salmon soup had chilli oil and mint. Would that really work? Wouldn't they just fight?

I don't understand the turkey leg. I love meat but turkey is really the one I'm really not fussed for. It's just dry chicken.

• Sick
Reactions: 17
I know this was last thread, but I was behind when it was posted - her salmon soup had chilli oil and mint. Would that really work? Wouldn't they just fight?

I don't understand the turkey leg. I love meat but turkey is really the one I'm really not fussed for. It's just dry chicken.
She will probably make it into a prehistoric Flintstones fricasee so fossilised slop for a change.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

The chilli and the mint would definitely fight. You've solved the turkey conundrum though. It's dryness will absorb the slop!

• Haha
Yep do this all the time. Chicken sandwiches, salads, chicken and mushroom pasta/risotto... the list goes on

Reactions: 16
She’s in the ‘eaves’ aka upstairs. Poor little Dickens character that she is.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Maverick arse slop courtesy of Jack the cheap wet meat and Mrs Cropley fan. Speaking of the Vicar of Dibley, there is an infamous puddle in one episode. Do we think that is where Jack found her scarf and a multitude of high end furniture?

She definitely does not do family friendly recipes. These are all part of the poverty camouflage which she hopes will result in a pat on the head from indulgent blue tickers and more ££££ from our fellow plebs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.