Jack Monroe #73 If your attitude is off-kilter, try a cartoon filter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @TriviaNewtonJohn for the thread title! 78 reactions šŸŽ‰ what a record! You have multiple, multiple dishonourable doctorates in thread titles!

Afraid my dear heart @Silver Linings missed out with her suggestion of: ā€˜All for the want of a pair of traaazersā€™. Bit too late to gain any traction (this time)

Recap of thread #72

1. Weā€™re still stuck in Toon Town. Apparently, itā€™s to ā€˜stay safeā€™, because ā€˜unscrupulous people [are] stealing photos of [her] son to plaster on their hateful discussion groupsā€™ in order to ā€˜violate for their disgusting endsā€™. I have nothing funny to say about this. Seeing as lots of us are parents ourselves and any screenshots of her photos that include her son (that she incidentally shared over platforms of 278,000 people) have his face covered by the posters here - thatā€™s frankly a revolting accusation. If youā€™re talking about this hateful discussion group, in particular, of course.
  2. New YouTube videos: one featuring Cooper with the flappy fish toy and one thatā€™s a virtual tour of her living room slash fancy ā€˜secretā€™ photography studio. Both in cartoon. I just ... canā€™t watch them.
  3. Doggos no longer do it for her, she now wants cattos. duck, no.
  4. Apparently she accidentally posted a nude and then deleted it. Tattle and the world: šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
  5. She managed to use the Grenfell tragedy to help illustrate her wish for all incriminating photos of her teen clubbing years to disappear (like the Towerā€™s ā€˜engineering detailsā€™). Never fear though, sheā€™ll disappear them into her memoir. Prospective title: The World According to Jack: I Have Decades of Experience of Everything.
  6. She posted a picture of her kombucha batch. It looks like it will have some nice hints of brown, accompanied by an array of teasing top notes of brown, followed by base notes of a lovely earthy ... brown.
  7. @traumatised sideboard bestowed on us the final instalment of their set of scathing essays about Jackā€™s DKL appearances here . As hilarious as they were, you will be receiving my doctorā€™s bill, TS. I thought I had put all my ā€˜lasagne and the wrong sauceā€™-related trauma behind me, but your reviews brought it all back.
  8. Konnie Huq wants to have Jack as dinner guest. Oh, Konnie. How much you need to learn.
Please do add any other recap points i have missed. Iā€™m not one of the lucky few who are able to see her Twitter / Instagram. Therefore, have not been able to compile my three lever arch files of material. Might take them back to the work supplies shop (Wilkos to the layperson).

For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ā€˜s ā€˜Jack for Dummiesā€™ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jackā€™s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

ā€˜Babe, sameā€™

ā€˜I did a chaosā€™

ā€˜My maverick brainā€™

ā€˜My sad little faceā€™

ā€˜Iā€™m BUSYā€™

ā€˜I HOOTED / I am FIZZINGā€™

ā€˜I laughed up a lungā€™

One of Jackā€™s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfrausā„¢ļø. She also recently referred to us as ā€˜gossip mavensā€™ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, and bullying ninnies **

To ā€˜GrunkaLunkaā€™ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so thatā€™s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it wonā€™t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that itā€™s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ā€˜RIP Vivā€™ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putinā€™s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ā€˜horse spunkā€™ - there may be some horse ā€˜spiritā€™ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ā€˜Thank you so Matt much, Mattā€™, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ā€˜Now duck offā€™. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jackā€™s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ā€˜Sheā€™s Lyingā€™ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jackā€™s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that sheā€™s lying.*

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a Ā£4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
  • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jackā€™s words: ā€˜She [Louisa] leftā€™.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ā€˜It just does.ā€™
  • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.

Here is a link to Jackā€™s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ā€˜Terrible!ā€™ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ā€˜s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we donā€™t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.
Perfection with the recap as usual. *chefā€™s kiss*

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Is she really asking people to send her fan letters? That is seriously bloody deranged.
All I'm thinking about now is the Enimen Stan video .Some superfan complaining that they've messaged hundreds of times and had no reply šŸ˜²

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Oh I'm absolutely positive she did in fact create a lever arch folder specifically for any praise she got! I'm also absolutely positive it's somewhere in her house along with all the rest of her lever arch folders, perhaps she's misfiled it in the 'trolls' section of one of her massive bookcases.
I thought she had previously tweeted about this folder being with her awards and her son pointing out she hadnā€™t won anything lately ?

ck-monroe.7961/post-1991094

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Within the space of a hour she has....
1. Asked for people to send her letters to boost her already massive self esteem.

2. Made a very bad joke about grouse hunting and Cummings linked to the current a and e crisis (once again in poor taste and way off the mark šŸ¤¬).

3.Tried to wade in on the, in my humble opinion, shitstorm that is the US election. You are seriously out of your depth on that one sweetheart!!!!

just duck off.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
I'm confused about the timeline (again).

Surely the vast majority of her moves were pre "fame"? She was living with Allegra for a long time, then later with Louisa. Did she move 20 times between them, or were people sending her fan mail before she had even sold her Omega?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Like if people actually send her stuff then they're just as desperate as she is...

She's miraculously found a bundle of letters. One fan is asking her whether lentils are a vegetable šŸ„“

Just saw this after I replied to message.

Reactions: 4
obviously, I've left out her fans' letters and her agent's address. this ain't their fault View attachment 244937View attachment 244938View attachment 244939
Sheā€™s routing this through her agent? Why?? Unless she feels the need to prove to her (no doubt long-suffering) agent that she really is much revered and still relevant. Especially as the agent will be well aware that the workā€™s dried up and may be considering whether itā€™s worth their while continuing to represent Jack.
Iā€™m not sure I even believe she had a folder. Call me cynical. šŸ¤Ø

Reactions: 25
Honestly, I really think that parental oversharing on social media is going to erupt into a massive scandal in a few years.
It really is. Some kids of "mommy bloggers" and growing up and outing their mothers as the narcs they are and telling their stories of emotional neglect and even cruelty. Obs not every one is bad but I'm sure it attracts a high percentage of narcissists. I say pretty much zero about my kids on social media, upload the odd pic of them enjoying themselves on a day out for my friends. Usually just on WhatsApp. I can't stand using your kids to get attention

• Sad
Reactions: 25
Oh I'm absolutely positive she did in fact create a lever arch folder specifically for any praise she got! I'm also absolutely positive it's somewhere in her house along with all the rest of her lever arch folders, perhaps she's misfiled it in the 'trolls' section of one of her massive bookcases.
I've triangulated the lever arch file and it's in the bay window.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
You what?
Is she actually begging for people to tell that she's amazing?
bleeping NARCISSIST

And who is Natalia? Did Caroline quit?
I think Natalia is Jackā€™s agentā€™s assistant, looking at the UA website.
Speaking of which, Jackā€™s profile on that website hasnā€™t been updated in years. šŸ˜‚

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Even in her selfie she was being rude. She thinks she knows how to do everyoneā€™s job when she canā€™t even do her own properly.
Looking at that picture again, after some time, one canā€™t help but wonder how much ā€˜workā€™ to her appearance sheā€™s had done? It looks plastic..

re the positive letter collection thing, how bleeping batshit self-involved can one person be? Jeez, asking strangers to take time out of their day to first write and then post a letter, to you, just so that you can put them in a binder and brag about it on a later date. Itā€™s an illness, probably the one true illness she has but, paradoxically, the only one sheā€™s oblivious to.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
I'm confused about the timeline (again).

Surely the vast majority of her moves were pre "fame"? She was living with Allegra for a long time, then later with Louisa. Did she move 20 times between them, or were people sending her fan mail before she had even sold her Omega?
She's moving 20 times right NOW. Does that clear it up?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I think Natalia is Jackā€™s agentā€™s assistant, looking at the UA website.
Speaking of which, Jackā€™s profile on that website hasnā€™t been updated in years. šŸ˜‚
So she was the 19th most important Gay person in 2014.
That's like putting down I was Netball Captain in 4th year on my CV and I'm 50 now.
Natalia, you need to update your Client's page my love xx

• Haha
Reactions: 44
She's being outraged on twitter again, this time about the news that people may have to book in for A&E appointments. Someone replied with this:

View attachment 244970

Yeah, like Jack when she went to A&E with her 'black eye' !
Not to worry, Dear Heart!
Saarf'end A+E has just received a massive funding boost to enable them to cope with the current crisis caused by the Covid pandemic.

*& you know, cover totally unnecessary CT scans and tit*

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.