Jack Monroe #72 It’s not a government briefing, you don’t need to announce locking down

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for sharing, Silver, and I don't think you need worry for posting these screenshots — it's hardly any details about her personal/private life (shared with 285k close friends, lol) so fair enough to be out there. As you say, she's not wrong with what she's saying, she's just a bit late to the game. The Question Time staff have undeniably had a role in giving a platform to some unsavoury sorts in recent years, and one only has to look at all the repeated instances of planted audience members (particularly in Scotland — "more plants than a garden centre" was how it was described) to wonder what on earth they're playing at.

All that's already been said repeatedly though, and I doubt tweeting about it some more will spark much in the way of change 🤷‍♀️ As often seems to be the feeling here, it would be great if she took a more proactive approach than angrily posting (and deleting) her thoughts.

Having said that, I don't know what course of action I'd take if I was in that position. Easy to be an armchair commentator, I suppose!
I personally don't think the BBC presenters should talk about their political stance on air as it can sway people's votes. People should be allowed to vote without feeling pressured by people they see as role models, fair enough these people are entitled to vote and like who they want and chat about it amongst their nearest and dearest, but not to the general public.

Think about Brexit, people said they voted because off all the advertising and the way people they knew and admired were learning towards and now many of them are eating their worlds and wishing they had voted differently.

Politics is very important but people of influence should not try and sway people's votes.

I find it odd that people talk about voting as she. I grew up in northern Ireland you told no one who you voted for. I still live by that rule.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
She’s definitely losing followers on Twitter. She had about 187,100 a couple of days ago and now it’s 186,700.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I personally don't think the BBC presenters should talk about their political stance on air as it can sway people's votes. People should be allowed to vote without feeling pressured by people they see as role models, fair enough these people are entitled to vote and like who they want and chat about it amongst their nearest and dearest, but not to the general public.

Think about Brexit, people said they voted because off all the advertising and the way people they knew and admired were learning towards and now many of them are eating their worlds and wishing they had voted differently.

Politics is very important but people of influence should not try and sway people's votes.

I find it odd that people talk about voting as she. I grew up in northern Ireland you told no one who you voted for. I still live by that rule.
OMG this, with bells on.

With hindsight, taking any opinion from someone who spoiled their ballot from fear, rather than principle...

Thanks, you've distilled some of my antipathy into a very neat 4-paragraph post. Appreciate the paragraphs too :cool:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

I find it odd that people talk about voting. I grew up in northern Ireland you told no one who you voted for. I still live by that rule.
Sorry got quoting myself like a noob but I had realised I had put "as she" in the wrong context and I cannot edit it. 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anyone know what photo filter Jack is using? I'd love to recreate her style with some of my own delicious culinary creations...

• Haha
Reactions: 21
How in God’s green earth has my first cartoon filter photograph turned out better than any of Jack’s. You can even vaguely make out the food.

I’m all up in Jackie’s cartoon niche....and I’m bleeping loving it.

70EC2DBB-90A0-410D-8F9A-D4E1C8E0B374.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
The slagging off the BBC thing is giving her a good alibi for no future work there. The next time one of her followers asks when it's her turn on Saturday Kitchen, she can spout guff about the Director General personally not liking her maverick ways and cite the tweets as causing a stir that never took place.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
But my fishfinger soup looks so dull without a filter
Brighten it up with some curry powder, because that is what Jack would do. Just after she's added some beetroot to give it that authentic bright purple look. Yum, yum.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.