Jack Monroe #72 It’s not a government briefing, you don’t need to announce locking down

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What the hell is Asda playing at? Getting all up in Jackie’s niche. That nobody has given a tit about while she’s “slogged” away for years, that she started as a starving single mum (when it suits her) in a foodbank. IT’S LIKE JOLLOF RICE ALL OVER AGAIN.

C0F53FE2-C2CF-415C-967A-39E54B791137.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
single mother

noun
a mother who brings up a child or children alone, without a partner.
So not Jack
What the hell is Asda playing at? Getting all up in Jackie’s niche. That nobody has given a tit about while she’s “slogged” away for years, that she started as a starving single mum (when it suits her) in a foodbank. IT’S LIKE JOLLOF RICE ALL OVER AGAIN.

View attachment 243320
She’s gonna flip her tin can lid 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 35
bbc tweet deleted already! 🙃 must still be angling for a saturday kitchen invite!
I'll never really understand this. She's deleted all four tweets about it. I know we can all have second thoughts and delete things, but she does it constantly.

And they're all still visible on mine. And yes, I screenshot them 🤷🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I'll never really understand this. She's deleted all four tweets about it. I know we can all have second thoughts and delete things, but she does it constantly.

And they're all still visible on mine. And yes, I screenshot them 🤷🏼
Me too. In fact, here they are. Three of them anyway. If they were deleted are they fair game or more private? Just this once
F6D05AEA-6141-4556-9200-032B8C62B65F.jpeg

As always, she’s days late on this debate, and she’s not necessarily wrong. She is just so unprofessional to constantly be flinging molotov cocktails at the last remaining bridges she has left. Equally, she must see that the BBC in particular aren’t interested so she may as well go nuts at them anyway. A conundrum, as always.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Venturing to post while still a few pages behind may g*d have mercy on my soul...

Is it just me wonders whether Jack is actually stalking me and this is all through the looking glass/totally meta? :D

I'm significantly older than JM 🔺 but it's like I'm looking at my internet history filtered through the, well, filters of <significantly more years> experience. For me that's why the cringe is so much.

Now looking over my shoulder, wondering if I should feint a move, just to check...

I see you :hardstare:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I am like a dog with a bone with this bloody explanation.... there are still tweets and fb posts with the gist of “I’ll explain more later” on her SM pages, with nothing else added.

So, she hasn’t explained and has left the insinuation that the nasty bullies have made her do it hanging in the air.

Another manipulation to add to the bedpost.
She clearly just liked the silly filter, it’s as simple as that. But then it turned out that some of her followers don’t like It. Previously she would have just thrown a tantrum and told them to duck of/absolutely get fucked etc. - but seeing as it looks like her advisers have told her to be a bit nicer and behave herself on SM, she can’t use her usual tactics. So that leaves her with the options of either (1) stop using the dreadful filter, or (2) come up with a justification for using the filter that will have her gormless followers all apologising to her.
She obviously went with option (2), but hasn’t been able to come up with a reason yet (cos there isn’t one).
I’m ignoring her attempt to imply that evil trolls are stealing her (public) pics for nefarious reasons, because that’s just ridiculous. And flinging statements like that around will *not* go in her favour in any court case (not that there’s going to be any court case).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
To be fair she has a very valid point about Nigel Fridge. QT gave him way too much air time.

Reactions: 30
To be fair she has a very valid point about Nigel Fridge. QT gave him way too much air time.
I read somewhere though that Farage was always willing to drop everything and anything to appear on it. So the BBC knew that he would also turn up and always say yes. I'm not saying they should have asked him, I think his views are abhorrent and he should never have been on to begin with. But it's often not as simple as Mackie would like to believe. Plus, how many UKIP voters are actually watching QT? Is that their key demographic?

View attachment 243320
cue nasal primordial scream from the leafy suburbs of the southend area.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Have a feeling SB will go to live with his dad full-time in the next few years - as someone commented a while ago - if he’s not been bullied already because of Jack, it’s only a matter of time surely. Although a different surname may help?
Just FTR this is the kind of comment that (to me) feels out of place in discussion here. Even the crappest of parents (count myself in those, perhaps legit or perhaps massive overreaction) has something to offer their kids, in the way of life lessons. Nothing I've seen (here) leads me to think JM isn't a parent with something - many things - to offer.

IMHO m'lud.

Reactions: 15
Me too. In fact, here they are. Three of them anyway. If they were deleted are they fair game or more private? Just this once View attachment 243324
As always, she’s days late on this debate, and she’s not necessarily wrong. She is just so unprofessional to constantly be flinging molotov cocktails at the last remaining bridges she has left. Equally, she must see that the BBC in particular aren’t interested so she may as well go nuts at them anyway. A conundrum, as always.
Thanks for sharing, Silver, and I don't think you need worry for posting these screenshots — it's hardly any details about her personal/private life (shared with 285k close friends, lol) so fair enough to be out there. As you say, she's not wrong with what she's saying, she's just a bit late to the game. The Question Time staff have undeniably had a role in giving a platform to some unsavoury sorts in recent years, and one only has to look at all the repeated instances of planted audience members (particularly in Scotland — "more plants than a garden centre" was how it was described) to wonder what on earth they're playing at.

All that's already been said repeatedly though, and I doubt tweeting about it some more will spark much in the way of change 🤷‍♀️ As often seems to be the feeling here, it would be great if she took a more proactive approach than angrily posting (and deleting) her thoughts.

Having said that, I don't know what course of action I'd take if I was in that position. Easy to be an armchair commentator, I suppose!

Reactions: 19
Me too. In fact, here they are. Three of them anyway. If they were deleted are they fair game or more private? Just this once View attachment 243324
Jack accuses the BBC of being desperate for viewers. Take that mote from your eye hun, as you will know from being a Sunday School teacher.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
That was a good snooze.

It'll be another late night tonight!
But isn’t now the time she spends with her son after school/before bed?

Seeing as Captain America's origin story is a weedy little twerp being given steroids outside normal medical channels, I can go with that.

bbc tweet deleted already! 🙃 must still be angling for a saturday kitchen invite!
he won’t give her a second series

• Haha
Reactions: 28
And her tip of putting washing up in a bowl to soak first. GENIUS!
As long as it doesn't sit there forever I hate that. My rule is soak as soon as you empty the pan and wash up after dinner. I hate pans left to soak for an enternity.

• Haha
As long as it doesn't sit there forever I hate that. My rule is soak as soon as you empty the pan and wash up after dinner. I hate pans left to soak for an enternity.
Do you know I’ve started doing the dishes as I go and it has revolutionised my life. I was always in denial before and this is the most boring thing I’ve ever written on the internet but Jack is boringer

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Left to soak <UNTIL COLD> is a capital offence chez BN28. Some fucker has to get their hands in there :(

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.