Jack Monroe #72 It’s not a government briefing, you don’t need to announce locking down

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @LavaFlake on the thread title! 86 reactions 🎉 I believe this is your first, so to honour the occasion, your gifted Cotswold Co. sideboard will be shipped within the next 3–5 days, and we’ll expect pictures of you on it in due course. I hear the cartoon filter is all the rage these days.

Recap of thread #71

1. Laurel and Hardy have nothing on Jack Monroe. Lovers of the the great comedy mediums of mine and slapstick, please feast your eyes upon the video of her unpacking her Oddbod veg box. RIP me.
  2. She opened the portcullis in order to allow a retweet of her new Guardian article. What’s this, she’s written a scathing essay about her brief stint in poverty, and aligned it to the political hotpot of Brexit? She’s still so relevant, how does she do it? Madonna, watch and learn.
  3. She posted another video, a PowerPoint presentation of her smoothie breakfast bowls, which miraculously look even more garish under the unfeeling eye of the pop art filter.
  4. Don’t you dare pile on dear heart Nigella, she may well have created a marmite pasta recipe years ago, and Jack has also created a marmite pasta dish, but hers is Now and Nigella’s was Then and you leave Nigella alone, for she is a magical creature and Jack’s close FRIEND.
  5. The drawbridge has been closed and only a select few close friends and acquaintances of Jack’s are allowed to remain in thrall of her Twitter and Instagram feeds.
  6. She posted another Kitchen Aide video, this time of her chopping vegetables ‘with a twist’, but I haven’t watched it to discover the twist and to be honest I’m boring myself to tears even writing this down.
  7. Facebook (public) and her Instagram and Twitter followers also saw a picture of some aubergine dip? Again, hard to tell under the cover of that filter. Any food writers out there with pride in the quality of your mouthwatering, easily identified dishes? Rest easy.
  8. @BeautifulTrauma had a little fun with iMovie. Oscar submission forms can be found here.
  9. Jack can’t really talk about it, but she may be compiling evidence for another police report and she may have the hardest-working lawyer in the WORLD involved again. Fret not, dear cabal, @bazzam has a half GCSE in law, plus we’ll also get the chance to tell Jude Law to sit the duck down because we need to address the bleeping judge. We could even touch his chest if we felt like it.
Please add any other recap points that I have missed.

For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’

‘I did a chaos’

‘My maverick brain’

‘My sad little face’

‘I’m BUSY’

‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’

‘I laughed up a lung’

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, and bullying ninnies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now duck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
  • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
  • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.

Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 119
Congrats @LavaFlake!!

Excellent recap as always @Pocahontas

Over the moon I made it into the thread recap, you’ll all have part two in due course...

(And unlike JM, due course doesn’t equal never to me)

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Not sure if R Jackie is a football fan (or indeed the inventor of the beautiful game), but "hoof it and hope" does seem like a good tactic to follow where her depressipes are concerned...

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Congrats @LavaFlake!!

Excellent recap as always @Pocahontas

Over the moon I made it into the thread recap, you’ll all have part two in due course...

(And unlike JM, due course doesn’t equal never to me)
Can't wait for the second instalment! I hope Vlad is paying you generously as you juggle the roles of scriptwriter, editor, filmmaker, sound technician, uploader and floor manager?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Am I going mad or did we have the roast potatoes and trifle posts last Sunday? They’ve gone from her grid but been posted tonight

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Snuggling up on the cabal sofa. Thanks for the bedtime story @Pocahontas

A bit frightening in parts so I'm going to pull up the drawbridge and head to bed! 🤭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Congratulations to @LavaFlake on the thread title! 86 reactions 🎉 I believe this is your first, so to honour the occasion, your gifted Cotswold Co. sideboard will be shipped within the next 3–5 days, and we’ll expect pictures of you on it in due course. I hear the cartoon filter is all the rage these days.

Recap of thread #71

1. Laurel and Hardy have nothing on Jack Monroe. Lovers of the the great comedy mediums of mine and slapstick, please feast your eyes upon the video of her unpacking her Oddbod veg box. RIP me.
  2. She opened the portcullis in order to allow a retweet of her new Guardian article. What’s this, she’s written a scathing essay about her brief stint in poverty, and aligned it to the political hotpot of Brexit? She’s still so relevant, how does she do it? Madonna, watch and learn.
  3. She posted another video, a PowerPoint presentation of her smoothie breakfast bowls, which miraculously look even more garish under the unfeeling eye of the pop art filter.
  4. Don’t you dare pile on dear heart Nigella, she may well have created a marmite pasta recipe years ago, and Jack has also created a marmite pasta dish, but hers is Now and Nigella’s was Then and you leave Nigella alone, for she is a magical creature and Jack’s close FRIEND.
  5. The drawbridge has been closed and only a select few close friends and acquaintances of Jack’s are allowed to remain in thrall of her Twitter and Instagram feeds.
  6. She posted another Kitchen Aide video, this time of her chopping vegetables ‘with a twist’, but I haven’t watched it to discover the twist and to be honest I’m boring myself to tears even writing this down.
  7. Facebook (public) and her Instagram and Twitter followers also saw a picture of some aubergine dip? Again, hard to tell under the cover of that filter. Any food writers out there with pride in the quality of your mouthwatering, easily identified dishes? Rest easy.
  8. @BeautifulTrauma had a little fun with iMovie. Oscar submission forms can be found here.
  9. Jack can’t really talk about it, but she may be compiling evidence for another police report and she may have the hardest-working lawyer in the WORLD involved again. Fret not, dear cabal, @bazzam has a half GCSE in law, plus we’ll also get the chance to tell Jude Law to sit the duck down because we need to address the bleeping judge. We could even touch his chest if we felt like it.
Please add any other recap points that I have missed.

For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’

‘I did a chaos’

‘My maverick brain’

‘My sad little face’

‘I’m BUSY’

‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’

‘I laughed up a lung’

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, and bullying ninnies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now duck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
  • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
  • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.

Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.
Oh I’d forgotten about this title suggestion and it’s the bollocks so glad it got used

WTF am I seeing last weekend’s crappy roast potatoes in cartoon form now ffs!?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Remember when mayo-Jack told us about BLM? Remember how she made room for lots of black voices? Neither do I. But I listened to this amazing podcast episode today.

Trigger warning, this deals with lots of very heavy stuff but it's the story of a black American man's experience of poverty and depression told in his own words by him. Would recommend this over cartoon pepper peanut dip.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Oh my god, what if the "reason" for the crazy comic book filters is that she is going to rebrand as a budget food "superhero"?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
Reposting old photos with new obsession filter. There’s a ‘reason’ apparently.

Maybe she's seen how Disney can rehash old content simply by changing the format, and she's trying to do a Disney in reverse?

On the FB pasta post there's a 'top fan' who has asked for her to stop the filters because she has bad eyes.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
Maybe she's seen how Disney can rehash old content simply by changing the format, and she's trying to do a Disney in reverse?

On the FB pasta post there's a 'top fan' who has asked for her to stop the filters because she has bad eyes.
Jackie is brilliant for making her content accessible. Using crazy filters, fonts, colours and overlays, and offering terrible audio and shaky camera work.

• Haha
Reactions: 36

There's a good few that keep complaining about it, doesn't seem to be going down well!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.