Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Hoof

verb (informal)

to kick a ball
I think her usage of 'hoofed' is quite apt since she permanently has her foot in her mouth.

Friends, it is time to give you my review for the final two episodes of DKL. The first thing I noticed in episode nine (putting on my fashion maven hat) is how dreadful and unflattering that denim shirt with puffball sleeves and sparkly embroidery is. At around five minutes in, when they cut to one of the guests on the screen, you can hear Jack stage-whispering 'I don't have my cards'. A consummate professional at work. To put to bed the whole question of chain restaurants, when Jack is talking about how long you could cook her dal recipe for, she herself says 'there is a chain of restaurants in London - Dishoom - that do theirs for twenty four hours'. During a question segment, Jack is asked why beef mince can have different percentages of fat. She helpfully responds 'well it just does, doesn't it?’ I give this episode five gabbled adjectives for dal out of five.

Most of episode ten is completely uneventful. I find myself getting distracted, contemplating whether Jack's heavy breathing and nasal voice quality have anything to do with her adenoids. Perhaps she should add that to her list of ailments. Matt dares to compare Jack to THAT MAN while she is shaking up a salad dressing in a jar. She is quick to tell us that many chefs have used this technique, lest we think that she has any respect for Jamie Oliver in particular. At about thirty minutes in we get a shot of one of her cards, on which she has scrawled the words 'today Matt I'm making a lentil bean + kale salad'. In my weird little maverick brain it makes me think of someone appearing on Stars in Their Eyes in a kale salad ensemble. Add that to the list of potential court outfits. As the series draws to a close, Jack's final words are 'thank you so Matt much, Matt'. The RSPCA turned up on my doorstep looking for an owl in distress. I rate it one wheelbarrow chicken out of five.

I would like to wrap up by saying that for a bunch of horrid harpies and harridans you have been very lovely and welcoming.

Now fuck off.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 132

Silver Linings

VIP Member
87A1668B-63D5-4C13-A72B-80130D60DE6A.jpeg

I’m sharing this because it’s about here. How dare she! We scribble out his face, you absolute hypocrite. You talk about passing out for hours while he checks to see if you’re alive. Bugger off.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 122

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Congratulations to @LavaFlake on the thread title! 86 reactions 🎉 I believe this is your first, so to honour the occasion, your gifted Cotswold Co. sideboard will be shipped within the next 3–5 days, and we’ll expect pictures of you on it in due course. I hear the cartoon filter is all the rage these days.

Recap of thread #71

1. Laurel and Hardy have nothing on Jack Monroe. Lovers of the the great comedy mediums of mine and slapstick, please feast your eyes upon the video of her unpacking her Oddbod veg box. RIP me.
  2. She opened the portcullis in order to allow a retweet of her new Guardian article. What’s this, she’s written a scathing essay about her brief stint in poverty, and aligned it to the political hotpot of Brexit? She’s still so relevant, how does she do it? Madonna, watch and learn.
  3. She posted another video, a PowerPoint presentation of her smoothie breakfast bowls, which miraculously look even more garish under the unfeeling eye of the pop art filter.
  4. Don’t you dare pile on dear heart Nigella, she may well have created a marmite pasta recipe years ago, and Jack has also created a marmite pasta dish, but hers is Now and Nigella’s was Then and you leave Nigella alone, for she is a magical creature and Jack’s close FRIEND.
  5. The drawbridge has been closed and only a select few close friends and acquaintances of Jack’s are allowed to remain in thrall of her Twitter and Instagram feeds.
  6. She posted another Kitchen Aide video, this time of her chopping vegetables ‘with a twist’, but I haven’t watched it to discover the twist and to be honest I’m boring myself to tears even writing this down.
  7. Facebook (public) and her Instagram and Twitter followers also saw a picture of some aubergine dip? Again, hard to tell under the cover of that filter. Any food writers out there with pride in the quality of your mouthwatering, easily identified dishes? Rest easy.
  8. @BeautifulTrauma had a little fun with iMovie. Oscar submission forms can be found here.
  9. Jack can’t really talk about it, but she may be compiling evidence for another police report and she may have the hardest-working lawyer in the WORLD involved again. Fret not, dear cabal, @bazzam has a half GCSE in law, plus we’ll also get the chance to tell Jude Law to sit the fuck down because we need to address the fucking judge. We could even touch his chest if we felt like it.
Please add any other recap points that I have missed.

For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’

‘I did a chaos’

‘My maverick brain’

‘My sad little face’

‘I’m BUSY’

‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’

‘I laughed up a lung’

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, and bullying ninnies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now fuck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to fuck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
  • Her dad's a fucking LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
  • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.

Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 119
I need to confess something here. I’ve been holding off commenting much because I’m genuinely anxious that if I get too involved then I’ll get summonsed to court. And then my cover will be blown and you’ll all see that it’s not Regina at all, it’s me, Phoebe. DAMMIT I just gave myself away

For how terrible her clothing choice was, her hair did look so nice on DKL. Very healthy and thick, I bet she has had massive huge regret from about 50 seconds after she shaved her head.
Late night Grunka so sorry if someone else has said this to you - but honestly, that’s precisely what she wants she is a massive fucking bully and whilst I’m here, I truly pity her nearest and dearest as she’s clearly a highly manipulative and spiteful bitch.

I won’t go into the numerous reasons why nothing we’re doing is actually wrong, but isn’t it funny for someone that pretends to be top pov urchin she’s SO quick to threaten others with financial insecurity? Her constant threats about lawyering up are her using her social & financial capital as a weapon to silence others under the assumption that they don’t also have the disposable income to seek legal advice, much less a whole court case worth of it, is peak Tory cunt.

If she needs another £25k or whatever payout it was because she spunked the first one she’d be better off getting a fucking job rather than trying to rummage in everyone else’s pockets 🥴 The greedy little goblin! 🤭

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 96

BananaSmith

Chatty Member
Just a wee update from thread #54. There was a Twitter pile on courtesy of Jack on a poster called Barbara regarding poverty. I messaged her as quite a few were worried about her.
She's now replied, thanked us for caring, she's fine, a fiesty poster who has the measure of JM.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 93

MancBee

VIP Member
ooh, we have tweets! she has white hot fury and is using a punch bag after writing her book for 12 hours, not including happy fun siesta time reading people's stories and then very importantly short listing, fact checking and filing. and she's looking for accessible and approachable solutions to... something but it's not working apparently. what???

oh idgaf, have a screenshot

View attachment 243739
She has been working on the book for 12 hours. It was 11pm ish when she tweeted. That means she's worked since 11am. What happened to the lovely family time she spends one on one with her son, from end of school until 7.30 (🙄) bedtime?

She has been fact checking? How exactly has she done that? Read all the correspondence between each claimant and DWP? Visited each person to see the conditions they live? Interviewed family, friends, and colleagues? She has been a busy girl to do all that in 12 hours. Most researchers spend months collecting information and checking its validity. R Jackie certainly is a wonder woman.

She purchased a punchbag? First thing on the list for someone on a living wage. It's an essential, don't ya know.

It's her first non cookery book and she hopes she does it justice. I doubt it, if this is the level of preparation.

She is white hot with fury, but hopes to come up with workable solutions. Ah, these things are so easy that a solution can be thought of within 12 hours, whilst also collecting child from school, providing his meal, giving him undivided attention, fact checking data, etc etc etc. Why the fuck do we vote in MPs, employ civil servants and why haven't the myriad of charities come up with the answer. We just needed the maverick approach that R Jackie uses and it's job done.

I am a claimant, have been through the system, had numerous faced to face interviews and medicals. I know the system and I know it isn't great. But to imagine that she can sort it out in a matter of hours when governments of every colour have failed shows just how arrogant and conceited she really is.

Sorry if all this has been said, but it is the first thing I read after getting up, and she has really got my back up.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 78

Harrybosch

VIP Member
Thank you for taking the time to raise really valid points about single parenthood @Alansbigplate , @Harrybosch & @GrunkaLunka. It's all been noted and I totally understand and appreciate your perspectives. I'll definitely be more careful about that line of criticism in future. Thankyou x
I'm a little disappointed that you didn't end your post with 'Now Fuck off'.

We really are a horrible cabal, aren't we? Honestly, I've never been on such a nice forum, ever. People are debating, listening, changing their minds, defending a stance without getting personal. Round of applause to all Frauen and Herren out there. Chef's kiss.

• Heart
Reactions: 77

colouredlines

VIP Member
She has 3 bedrooms...why not just use the 3rd for photos?

I mean christ, she has, among other things, separate living and dining rooms, a shed that briefly brought her more happiness than anything had in months, a massive hallway full of sideboards, an under-stair photography studio, 2(?) reading nooks, a garden so big it contains undiscovered wisteria...

Jack, your (rented) house is massive. If you don't have space for your photography equipment it's because you're a hoarder and a compulsive buyer of expensive things. And no, PTSD from your time in the Nam on the dole is not the reason why you fill every square millimetre of your house with expensive furniture.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75

Harrybosch

VIP Member
Ooh she’s proper fucked me off tonight, fraus. A lot of us have kids ourselves, and not to do an Andrea Leadsom, it doesn’t matter. How dare she accuse us of those kind of things. Perhaps she should lawyer up for once.
That post about SB really annoys me so much. Honestly, she's doing what all parents do every single fucking day. Does she want a medal? 'A flurry of school runs' - she's got to take one child to one school and then pick said child up again from the same school about 6 hours later. What does she think anyone else does?

My life is way harder - I have to breathe in and out ALL DAY! In the mornings, I need to get up and have a shower, brush my teeth, visit the WC, get dressed, walk down some stairs, wake up TWO children, pack their lunches, make them breakfast, take one to school, etc., etc. Please, please, frauen, give me the medal I deserve. Tip jar over there. Now fuck off.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75

Silver Linings

VIP Member
Other pieces of the fire service puzzle that don't quite fit together:
View attachment 244308

View attachment 244309

View attachment 244310

View attachment 244311

View attachment 244313

She was a call handler but trained as a fire fighter, put out fires and had a passing out parade. She quit but was dismissed.
This is such an excellent post on a very important topic and one of the biggest Jack discrepancies. I’m so sorry but the previous discussions on it have ruined me and I was giggling at ‘Old Chief’ and fit for nothing by the end.

Thread suggestion - Jack Monroe #73 All for the want of a pair of trousers

ETA - Duh. Thank(space)you, @Alansbigplate

#73 - All for the want a pair of traaazers.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73

MooBelle

VIP Member
well remembered, by the morning she had reviewed the entire file or something while presumably wearing her leftover fireman’s uniform (traazers on a bird!) from her passing out parade
A friend of a friend was an ACTUAL Firefighter on the scene at Grenfell. He is quite high up and was involved in writing up the reports afterwards. I am so tempted to ask him about Firefighter extraordinaire Monroe and her efforts in being one of the first responders !!! (I won't because I don't want to insult the poor guy)
She claimed to have been on the scene by the next morning (she wasn't) Claimed to have been part of the investigation team (she wasn't) She claimed she was part of the consultation group that wrote the reports (she wasn't)
It would have been funny if the subject of her lies wasn't as upsetting as it was.
She put out a piece (presumably Guardian) name dropping all the ACTUAL contributors and adding herself to the list. Said something like 'all OUR decades of experience' because 6 months answering a phone means she's the head of the table in a national crisis. FFS

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 72

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
I don't think I will ever be able to say the word *trousers* ever again. Traazers Traaazers Traaaaazers.
Never forget @edinburghcastle’s post the funniest thing I’ve ever read bar @BananaSmith’s treble post about Harold Bishop smelling of biscuits

897CF17E-0972-4A3A-9B90-A65414E9DD19.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
Shes some gobshite 😂 She did one thing we could respect, and that was protecting his privacy. Her shambles of a life and lack of content means shes now super mum and plastered his face over social media, discussed his education and mental health and accuses US of violating her family!? YOU SAID YOUR 10YR OLD HAD TO CHECK YOU WERE ALIVE.

What a cunt.

ugh, all anyone knows about her son is what she puts out there. and that photo of him in the egg chair during happy fun siesta time just looked like he either didn't want to be photographed or was unaware. and a bedtime of 7.30 for a 10 year old? like really???
I don't have children, but was I some sort of neglected child for going to bed at 9-10 when I was 10?
My two go to bed at 7/7.30 and theyre 5yrs old and under

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 70
Spiteful is absolutely the right word for her. She is spiteful and nasty and doesn't give a flying fuck about the mental health of others when she throws around her veiled attempts at intimidation.

I know it's a running joke with us now (like a lot of things she throws at us, cheers Jack for the lols 👍) but look at the whole triangulation threats she was making, suggesting she could essentially track us to our doors! I've never seen anyone suggest doing similar to her, other than to point out the stupidity in her decision to share photos and information with the public that could easily reveal her home location.

To suggest that she would track people to their homes for daring to critique her on a gossip forum is down right nasty and frankly, bat shit. Likewise with her threats of police, courts and lawyers. Nasty, vindictive piece of work she is.
Yep! I’ve seen so many tattle threads where influencers pull this shit threatening to doxx them to their huge audiences to get eaten alive by actual trolls via an IP address, or they’ve got a contact at insta who will give them personal details. It’s such a huge fucking lie undeniably told to cause distress, because nothing else will come of it, they’re not fucking Turing cracking the enigma that apparently yields addresses from IPs. No one who has access to PII would risk their job & career to give it out, tbh not just that but you can now receive a fuckoff massive huge fine for non compliance with GDPR? But why is that okay? Why is #bekind one way?? It’s almost as if it’s a meaningless movement to keep influencers / SM z listers beyond reproach as has been the case for years and years now!

I personally cannot wait to see what innovative policing Southend police force utilise to crack this case. Starting with what crime has actually been committed, if anyone has a hunch please let me know? Are fish finger lasagnes a protected category? Then tracking down 100+ active contributors across 70+ threads, and then involving every police force in the country to charge, interview, etc us? Sure jan.gif.

Tbh lockdown 2 has fucked all outside contact for us so I welcome any visitors to the house 😂 I’ll get some biscuits in for em, send ur funniest officers they’re gonna LOVE the fraus x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 70
Thanks to those for the posts on the single parent thing. Its really eye opening how it's challenging even with a supportive co parent. I guess I agree that Jack has appropriated the experiences of lone parents /single parents on a tight budget in a disingenuous way, but there's still nothing wrong with her using the label single parent as such.
I think, as others have said, that much of what she gives as her narrative are of her being completely alone and then people shit on the dad for not being around when he is.

I also don't think it's a problem to question if she's able to parent to the best of her abilities if she's tweeting 24/7, doing a 'chaos' all the time, putting him in positions where he has to check if she's alive. It must be exhausting living in that household. Since March, SB has had his second future step mum leave, had his mum pretend her hair has fallen out, watched his mum do re-decoration/studio projects that came to nothing, had his mum start a pile-on against his favourite author, had a new pet in the house that became the love of his mum's life before it quickly died, then had his mum immediately leave for a holiday in Edinburgh, then just on the eve of him going back to school, he had to deal with his mum's black eye A&E episode. In addition to that, SB is alone in a house with a mum who is either working all hours or sleeping all hours (or most probably tweeting all hours) and is now parading him on twitter trying to tell a story of how lovely it's been to have quality time together over lockdown.

I'm having therapy because of my narc mum. Just because you are housed, clothed and fed and your parents aren't violent or substance abusers etc etc doesn't mean that all is well.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 69