Jack Monroe #72 It’s not a government briefing, you don’t need to announce locking down

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How in God’s green earth has my first cartoon filter photograph turned out better than any of Jack’s. You can even vaguely make out the food.

I’m all up in Jackie’s cartoon niche....and I’m bleeping loving it.

View attachment 243536
It isn't beige slop to start with; it's got colour and texture before the filter goes on.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
What the hell is Asda playing at? Getting all up in Jackie’s niche. That nobody has given a tit about while she’s “slogged” away for years, that she started as a starving single mum (when it suits her) in a foodbank. IT’S LIKE JOLLOF RICE ALL OVER AGAIN.

View attachment 243320
How very dare they!! They haven't had the foresight to rinse the mixed beans - you don't need a spicy tomato sauce for a tomato and bean dish.😉

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Just FTR this is the kind of comment that (to me) feels out of place in discussion here. Even the crappest of parents (count myself in those, perhaps legit or perhaps massive overreaction) has something to offer their kids, in the way of life lessons. Nothing I've seen (here) leads me to think JM isn't a parent with something - many things - to offer.

IMHO m'lud.
I’m sure Jack has many positive things to offer her son - it certainly wasn’t my intention to imply she doesn’t or that she is a bad parent.

My point was that peers can be vicious and that may have implications.

Reactions: 11
JM is 100% up to something. And I’d take an educated guess it’s to do with alcoholism. This is certainly a new development in the ever changing Twitter bio, I’ve never known someone edit the thing so much.

For someone who is apparently coy about their battle with alcohol, she sure likes to bang on about it a lot (after not mentioning it for months). Anyone want to guess what’s coming?*

*Fraus, it’s a given she is going to offend a lot of people on here. Because I very much doubt she was an alcoholic, just someone who drank too much a few times but we know how Jack likes to label herself for attention and sad fishing.

5D39E62C-9D1A-41B8-8735-CFCFE3308675.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Watching Food Unwrapped and Sir Matt of the Forearms is going to be making a risotto with........... long grain rice. Will he be the recipient of tweets from Jackolites screaming it was her idea?

Edit - not Matt, it’s THAT MAN’S mate Jimmy. Matt’s been investigating anchovies instead.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Watching Food Unwrapped and Sir Matt of the Forearms is going to be making a risotto with........... long grain rice. Will he be the recipient of tweets from Jackolites screaming it was her idea?
Just why though. Arborio is available everywhere and not that expensive. Ffs, stop treating people like dumb fucks.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
My mum has been making risotto with long grain for about 50 years and she got that off a celebrity chef back then!

He was called Philip Harben

Me too. In fact, here they are. Three of them anyway. If they were deleted are they fair game or more private? Just this once View attachment 243324
As always, she’s days late on this debate, and she’s not necessarily wrong. She is just so unprofessional to constantly be flinging molotov cocktails at the last remaining bridges she has left. Equally, she must see that the BBC in particular aren’t interested so she may as well go nuts at them anyway. A conundrum, as always.
Guys, please don't be angry/upset/worried but I agree with everything she said here. Yikes!!!! I could go on a four day rant about Question Time and how it absolutely lowered the discourse and political conversation in this country and turned debate into a shouting match. Twitter had actually uploaded vintage clips from around 20 odd years ago and I was absolutely shocked at the quality of the debate (even between Prescott and Heseltine where you could literally feel the heat of rage coming off Prescott). Giving Farage a near weekly platform has been devastating for this country. Seemingly nothing is fact checked and opinion is given more weight. I hate it, hate, hate, hate the programme. Glad I got rid of my telly years ago.

I digress, I agree with Jack here. I'm logging off for my sanity.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
JM is 100% up to something. And I’d take an educated guess it’s to do with alcoholism. This is certainly a new development in the ever changing Twitter bio, I’ve never known someone edit the thing so much.

For someone who is apparently coy about their battle with alcohol, she sure likes to bang on about it a lot (after not mentioning it for months). Anyone want to guess what’s coming?*

*Fraus, it’s a given she is going to offend a lot of people on here. Because I very much doubt she was an alcoholic, just someone who drank too much a few times but we know how Jack likes to label herself for attention and sad fishing.

View attachment 243605
so, a scathing essay on how people have been drinking so much more during the pandemic which could have been written better by someone with more life experience, but it's her niche innit

Last edited:
Guys, please don't be angry/upset/worried but I agree with everything she said here. Yikes!!!! I could go on a four day rant about Question Time and how it absolutely lowered the discourse and political conversation in this country and turned debate into a shouting match. Twitter had actually uploaded vintage clips from around 20 odd years ago and I was absolutely shocked at the quality of the debate (even between Prescott and Heseltine where you could literally feel the heat of rage coming off Prescott). Giving Farage a near weekly platform has been devastating for this country. Seemingly nothing is fact checked and opinion is given more weight. I hate it, hate, hate, hate the programme. Glad I got rid of my telly years ago.

That's the thing with JM though, she does have some good points and is interesting. She can be witty and when you think someone is doing good things you support. There's a reason she has and pretty much maintains a 280k following. Enough to pull more than a handful of members here into buying her books (myself included!) It's only when you've been following for a while that you start to...notice things shall we say. I do believe that in recent times it's been one thing after another though, the beast is consuming her entirely.

Reactions: 37
So the one halfway sensible thing she’s tweeted lately got deleted...bring on the cartoon thot shots y’all!

• Haha
Reactions: 28

I also agree with what she said and everything you've said. I fully agree that question time has been manipulated for years and I don't think that bbc talent should be told what not to post on their own Twitter accounts. I'd hazard a guess that most people on this thread think similarly.

however, she tweeted those thoughts and deleted them very rapidly, because she clearly still wants to be part of the establishment, which is laughable, so we had a laugh

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Well it’s debatable. One thing that jumps out of the tweets though: In Monroe-land, ‘they shouldn’t be inflammatory’ could quite easily be translated as ‘they shouldn’t say stuff I/the left disagree with’. - goalposts are easy to move the question is, who gets to decide what inflammatory is? Also, and just as a footnote, but it’s interesting that the government always has to be held to account - it’s a statement of bias and intent from the get-go. (FYI: governments should be held to account, but the question is whether this should be the responsibility of a national broadcaster)

Reactions: 10

View attachment 243605
I think she's trying to snag that comedienne she went to watch the other night, the one with the cute doggo that Jack paraded as if it was her own on Twitter. She has "sober" in her bio too and we know how Jack works well enough by now.

Reactions: 39
I think she's trying to snag that comedienne she went to watch the other night, the one with the cute doggo that Jack paraded as if it was her own on Twitter. She has "sober" in her bio too and we know how Jack works well enough by now.
You mean....

Everyone here now realises that Jack steals people’s personalities and traits to pass off as her own in order to make herself attractive to her prey? Like a chameleon she changes herself, her look and her beliefs and values in order to match that of the next potential Mrs J? All the while making notes of pet names to bring out the big guns when it all goes wrong.

She’s a psychopath.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.