Jack Monroe #568 Things Jack doesn't understand - Gaslighting, Gas heating, Gastronomy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've had an evening of wine and talking about Palestine. To say it's been eventful is underplaying it but it's not as bad as guest's latest nonsense. Lord help us all.

Reactions: 10
Oh bugger. My early night has been thwarted by googling penis beaker.

Thanks a lot Fraus.

My early meeting may be delayed due to not getting out of bed technical issues.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
If it is her it’s a bit like a slow game of whackamole (Jack-a-Mole?) where she’s popping up in random places then swiftly getting batted back down…
Jack-a-Mole would make a great thread title! Either that or the dolphin on Mars one. :ROFLMAO: 😂

Christ. Whatever happened to wiping it on the curtains.
The Jack suggestion would probably be something dangerous involving flannels, empty tuna tins and carabiners.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
The term "walty" (or walt) is generally used across the services for people who are "in" but just a bit.. Jack. Prone to fantasies and exaggeration.
I think her lie is stretching that term though tbh.

The police also describe excessively gung-ho types who tend to buy very expensive accessories and get involved in kerfuffles off duty as "job pissed" but medical emergency services have adopted "Ricky Rescue" for the same sort of situation eg paramedics that are SAR volunteers and special constables or similar.

I can't think of a word for outright faking but if I come across one I'll report back.
Wannabe might be a reasonable fit for now though.
Is Paper Mask too old of a reference these days?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Penis beaker was a pile of tit attention seeking not funny thread on MN. Some idiot saying she kept a plastic cup on the bedside for her partner to wash his knob in. Much hilarity ensued with MNers spitting out their tea, laughing so hard they woke the baby/husband/dog etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I thought Penis Beaker was unmasked as being the work of a troll?
I don’t care if Mexican House Thief is fake, it’s a great tale.
centre Parks as a code for bum sex is Simon Harris level. Can’t be arsed to investigate the poster who started that thread, but their sentence structure was a bit Cack.

• Heart
  • Haha
I thought Penis Beaker was unmasked as being the work of a troll?
I don’t care if Mexican House Thief is fake, it’s a great tale.
centre Parks as a code for bum sex is Simon Harris level. Can’t be arsed to investigate the poster who started that thread, but their sentence structure was a bit Cack.

I don't know if the Mexican House Thief tale is true, but I do know of a Turkish Apartment Thief tale that is true.

A FOF went a bit mad during the Celtic Tiger years and went on a property-buying spree. Bought apartments all over the Mediterranean. Turkish one was a new build in a resort. FOF would visit but their apartment was always plagued with issues and never seemed to be finished. Only theirs, all the others were fine. Turned out that a relative of the main builder was living there all along and the "Unfinished" appearance was all for show. I must find out how it ended. I think they just walked away from it but my contact isn't really a details person so who knows.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Penis beaker was a pile of tit attention seeking not funny thread on MN. Some idiot saying she kept a plastic cup on the bedside for her partner to wash his knob in. Much hilarity ensued with MNers spitting out their tea, laughing so hard they woke the baby/husband/dog etc.
I find it funny but I am very immature 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I've often wondered whether her social media addiction was the result of her career path, or whether it was the addiction that led her to drive her work in that direction.

Whichever way round it was, she let it go on for so long that she's had to throw away her career at that same time as she abandoned social media.

As you say, it's seriously impressive that she's managed to kick the habit. I do genuinely hope that she finds something fulfilling to do with the rest of her life.
In my humble opinion the social media addiction was just a secondary symptom of her main issue which is Victim Narcissism. SM - Twitter especially - is perfect for the victim narc cos they can create whatever poor me narrative they like and the speed of the feed and ability to delete means it's harder to call them out on it, the 'herding' algorithm of Twitter also means that they can jump on hashtag bandwagons (Grenfell, CSA, troll threats, Sarah Everard) and turn the victim narrative onto themselves. It's basically what victim narcs do IRL but Twitter enables them to do it bigger, faster and to get more validation without the hassle of someone who ACTUALLY knows you IRL turning round and saying "Hang on I thought you were considering unaliving two days ago, why are you now posing semi-naked with a caption saying you're living your best life, and by the way why have you used the slimming tool to shave eight inches off your waist whilst eulogising the Viennetta section in your local ASDA?"

I think it's hard for victim narcs to change and my suspicion is that, deprived of Twitter, Jack's off getting her claws into her local AA groups. AA is a perfect place for narcs to thrive because it's constant encouragement, minimum judgementalism, everyone wants to hear a sob story, and people don't tend to know what you're really like outside of the rooms.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
In my humble opinion the social media addiction was just a secondary symptom of her main issue which is Victim Narcissism. SM - Twitter especially - is perfect for the victim narc cos they can create whatever poor me narrative they like and the speed of the feed and ability to delete means it's harder to call them out on it, the 'herding' algorithm of Twitter also means that they can jump on hashtag bandwagons (Grenfell, CSA, troll threats, Sarah Everard) and turn the victim narrative onto themselves. It's basically what victim narcs do IRL but Twitter enables them to do it bigger, faster and to get more validation without the hassle of someone who ACTUALLY knows you IRL turning round and saying "Hang on I thought you were considering unaliving two days ago, why are you now posing semi-naked with a caption saying you're living your best life, and by the way why have you used the slimming tool to shave eight inches off your waist whilst eulogising the Viennetta section in your local ASDA?"

I think it's hard for victim narcs to change and my suspicion is that, deprived of Twitter, Jack's off getting her claws into her local AA groups. AA is a perfect place for narcs to thrive because it's constant encouragement, minimum judgementalism, everyone wants to hear a sob story, and people don't tend to know what you're really like outside of the rooms.
So Jack is turning other people into victims of her own victim hood by monopolising their time. Ugh.
I'd rather make people laugh or think than feel sorry for me.

Yes, I'm aware that one of my last posts on this thread was a sad one but I'm sure you all know it wasn't for internet cool points.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Speaking of which MCM, hugs and heartfelt sympathy for your loss. Xx
---
No sympathy for Jackie though..

• Heart
Extremely late to the big reveal, but Jack, if you are reading this (and I know you are) you can currently find me being fabulous on True Entertainment, Amazon Prime and Apple TV 🍉 xxx

Long time no see/speak all, and sending you much love, @MaineCoonMama ❤

So she's back on the Mumsy place? LOfuckingL

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I see the not at all obvious Jack sock on that mumsnet thread did not find Jack as Fish amusing. Good.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I see the not at all obvious Jack sock on that mumsnet thread did not find Jack as Fish amusing. Good.
Humourless judgementalism has always been one of guest’s more endearing traits.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.