Jack Monroe #568 Things Jack doesn't understand - Gaslighting, Gas heating, Gastronomy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah Mumsnet is mad now isn’t it. They’ve all gone really nasty. I sometimes used it in all seriousness way back and it was cliquey as hell but supportive. Now it’s like, someone will post asking for support to leave their abusive spouse and keep full custody of their kids and the first replies will be all THIS IS YOUR FAULT FOR HAVING CHILDREN WITH THIS MAN or YOU ARE CLEARLY NOT A RESPONSIBLE PARENT TO PUT YOUR CHILDREN IN THIS SITUATION.

I date Mumsnets true downfall to the start of the CoL crisis cos interest rates went up and all the Boden mummies suddenly got hit with the realisation that their mortgages were too big and they could no longer afford to buy seitan and massive salads to enable them to maintain their size 8 figures.

Oh dear, how sad.

Although ironically it is now the kind of place where someone like Jack would genuinely be told she should’ve kept her legs shut.
I will still always hold Mumsnet in a dear place though purely for sex beaker.

Though agree, it's brutal lately .

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Yeah Mumsnet is mad now isn’t it. They’ve all gone really nasty. I sometimes used it in all seriousness way back and it was cliquey as hell but supportive. Now it’s like, someone will post asking for support to leave their abusive spouse and keep full custody of their kids and the first replies will be all THIS IS YOUR FAULT FOR HAVING CHILDREN WITH THIS MAN or YOU ARE CLEARLY NOT A RESPONSIBLE PARENT TO PUT YOUR CHILDREN IN THIS SITUATION.

I date Mumsnets true downfall to the start of the CoL crisis cos interest rates went up and all the Boden mummies suddenly got hit with the realisation that their mortgages were too big and they could no longer afford to buy seitan and massive salads to enable them to maintain their size 8 figures.

Oh dear, how sad.

Although ironically it is now the kind of place where someone like Jack would genuinely be told she should’ve kept her legs shut.
Yeah the downfall of that site has been quite something - there are friendly pockets but generally you can expect a pile on for the smallest thing.

I’m sceptical the potato was R Jackie, I don’t think she could say one thing then shut up.

Reactions: 23
I will still always hold Mumsnet in a dear place though purely for sex beaker.

Though agree, it's brutal lately .
Sex beaker and the Savernake Forest story. That always sends a pleasurable shiver up my spine
---
Yeah the downfall of that site has been quite something - there are friendly pockets but generally you can expect a pile on for the smallest thing.

I’m sceptical the potato was R Jackie, I don’t think she could say one thing then shut up.
I think she can when she gets called out. Remember the time period when she had all the socks on Twitter, sometimes she’d get called out on her true identity and promptly the sock would go silent

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Sex beaker and the Savernake Forest story. That always sends a pleasurable shiver up my spine
---

I think she can when she gets called out. Remember the time period when she had all the socks on Twitter, sometimes she’d get called out on her true identity and promptly the sock would go silent
True, it’s easy to sock all over the place over there as you can name change so easily so expected evidence of that…

If it is her it’s a bit like a slow game of whackamole (Jack-a-Mole?) where she’s popping up in random places then swiftly getting batted back down… Twitter, duolingo, Facebook, Mumsnet… I’d say she should try LinkedIn next but there are a million reasons that wouldn’t work.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
True, it’s easy to sock all over the place over there as you can name change so easily so expected evidence of that…

If it is her it’s a bit like a slow game of whackamole (Jack-a-Mole?) where she’s popping up in random places then swiftly getting batted back down… Twitter, duolingo, Facebook, Mumsnet… I’d say she should try LinkedIn next but there are a million reasons that wouldn’t work.
It genuinely must be quite hard for her cos she’s addicted to social media asspats and must be going mad without it

Although if enforced abstinence is forcing her to address her SM addiction and get healthy validation from real life sources then I’m all for it

Reactions: 30
It genuinely must be quite hard for her cos she’s addicted to social media asspats and must be going mad without it

Although if enforced abstinence is forcing her to address her SM addiction and get healthy validation from real life sources then I’m all for it
I agree, it was getting ridiculous at points. It’s actually quite impressive to just pretty much stop rather than tapering. There have only been a few slip ups.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Late to the party again but surely the thing delivered to her house was just notice of CCJ when she could've just paid a tenner instead, the arrogant untouchable bobble headed sour faced little bleep.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
guest: my dad was a paratrooper royal marine commando navy seal!

people: no he wasn't, here he is saying so

guest: you have STALKED me, what kind of nutcase combs through internet receipts so obsessively?

she's the dictionary definition of darvo
The best bit is she has definitely wailed about us 'tracking down' her dad, the geezer with the OBE who fancies himself as a local character that is regularly in the local paper and once appeared on a tv documentary.

• Haha
Reactions: 44

I wonder how her duolingo’s going

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I agree, it was getting ridiculous at points. It’s actually quite impressive to just pretty much stop rather than tapering. There have only been a few slip ups.
I've often wondered whether her social media addiction was the result of her career path, or whether it was the addiction that led her to drive her work in that direction.

Whichever way round it was, she let it go on for so long that she's had to throw away her career at that same time as she abandoned social media.

As you say, it's seriously impressive that she's managed to kick the habit. I do genuinely hope that she finds something fulfilling to do with the rest of her life.

Reactions: 33
I think things like the person defending Carrie are exactly why guest got away with so much for so long. I don’t deny that many women in the public eye are treated poorly but the flip side of that, is that people like guest will be frequently excused with "MISOGYNY, god forbid women enjoy things, you're just tearing down her confidence cuz she's a woman, how dare a working class mum be successful amirite"
the irony being that denying that women have agency to be cunts/behave poorly is (probably) in itself misogynistic

Reactions: 20
I'm on the train and someone near me is also on Tattle but I think she's on another thread. If she comes on here I'm going to shout pumble or something.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
I know I'm probably going to regret asking this...but what was the MN Sex Beaker...??😬
I think it was actually penis beaker….

Basically a guy used to use it to wash his knob after sex in it. Then did someone nearly drink it? I didn’t see the actual thread but it always gets mentioned. Maybe a Frau who was there can elaborate.

Don’t know how to make this on topic apart from to say Jack is also a bit of a knob / maybe she gave burger boy a beaker of slop to wash his with.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
I did cadets as a teen, which seems right up guest’s ally tbh, I’m surprised she didn’t. I absolutely loved it which is mad to me now because I’m not exactly pro-military, nor do I like being bossed around! But I suppose back then it gave me the structure, discipline and friendships that I wasn’t getting anywhere else at that time.

However many of the adults involved were the ‘Walt’ type being discussed currently. There were ‘officers’ who were supposedly reserve officers, similar in principle to the TA I suppose (though I think that’s probably pretty insulting to the TA).

These ‘officers’ had never seen anything resembling active duty in their lives, yet they’d wear the same uniform, hold the same ranks, we’d salute them and call them sir/ma’am etc. Most of them were on complete power trips and never should have been allowed anywhere near children.

It was an open secret that our ‘commanding officer’ would perv on all the girls (we were aged 13 and up at the time), was always making inappropriate comments, staring at chests and standing too closely etc.[/ISPOILER]

Relationships between younger girls and boys over 17/18 was standard - if you went out with anybody younger you were a loser. Even relationships between younger members of staff and older girls wasn’t unheard of and certainly wasn’t scandalised the way it should have been.

My hockey club was exactly the same tbh, in terms of men having absolutely no control over themselves around teenage girls and the lack of safeguarding (and of course blaming of the girls when gossip inevitably spread). If I had a teenager, especially a girl, I don’t think I’d deny them joining these kind of clubs if that’s what they wanted to do because I did gain a lot from them, but I would certainly do my due diligence and would probably be so overbearing it wouldn’t be much fun for them!

sorry for the me-rail; I haven’t thought about any of that in ages!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
In my old home town🍉🔺️there is a hairdressers that has not changed a jot since i was little. I am talking 30 odd years. It still has the hair driers that sit on your head, like space helmets and i am pretty sure i saw a pic similar to her naked tat, punk hair do pic in the window, the last time walked past. This was on colour though and the model only a head.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I did cadets as a teen, which seems right up guest’s ally tbh, I’m surprised she didn’t. I absolutely loved it which is mad to me now because I’m not exactly pro-military, nor do I like being bossed around! But I suppose back then it gave me the structure, discipline and friendships that I wasn’t getting anywhere else at that time.

However many of the adults involved were the ‘Walt’ type being discussed currently. There were ‘officers’ who were supposedly reserve officers, similar in principle to the TA I suppose (though I think that’s probably pretty insulting to the TA).

These ‘officers’ had never seen anything resembling active duty in their lives, yet they’d wear the same uniform, hold the same ranks, we’d salute them and call them sir/ma’am etc. Most of them were on complete power trips and never should have been allowed anywhere near children.

It was an open secret that our ‘commanding officer’ would perv on all the girls (we were aged 13 and up at the time), was always making inappropriate comments, staring at chests and standing too closely etc.[/ISPOILER]

Relationships between younger girls and boys over 17/18 was standard - if you went out with anybody younger you were a loser. Even relationships between younger members of staff and older girls wasn’t unheard of and certainly wasn’t scandalised the way it should have been.

My hockey club was exactly the same tbh, in terms of men having absolutely no control over themselves around teenage girls and the lack of safeguarding (and of course blaming of the girls when gossip inevitably spread). If I had a teenager, especially a girl, I don’t think I’d deny them joining these kind of clubs if that’s what they wanted to do because I did gain a lot from them, but I would certainly do my due diligence and would probably be so overbearing it wouldn’t be much fun for them!

sorry for the me-rail; I haven’t thought about any of that in ages!
Lots of us grew up in times and cultures where predatory men and boys were allowed to do whatever. So much harm.

For me, it's fucked up my relationships with men hugely and I'm still learning how to have healthy sex between equals and I'm in my fifties.

It's been hopeful and enlightening to see everything tumble out into the public domain since #MeToo but the backlash is disheartening.

As for Jack: she's never been a sister or an ally. All her trauma dumping online speaks of a desperate need for attention, and a competitive one-upmanship (if that makes sense), rather than standing with other victims of sexual violence. She appropriates others' experiences for her own and doesn't lift a finger to support the bigger cause. Get stuffed Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I know I'm probably going to regret asking this...but what was the MN Sex Beaker...??😬
Well, how do we start?
About 12 years ago on MN there was a post that just beggared belief. It actually goes to show how much MN has changed. The thread was easily 500, maybe a thousand pages long (no exaggeration) of just hilarious comment after comment. A far cry from today's MN where you'd be shouted down.
Basically someone asked a question to a conundrum. What should she do instead of the Sex Beaker? Which was quite the opening post.
After the original hilarity calmed down it turned out this particular Mum of the Net kept a plastic cup of water at the side of the bed for her husband to dip his penis in after sex and was under the impression that all other ladies did this too.
Why the duck he had to do this was never really answered and the hilarity went as far as people knocking up a fake IKEA advert for a Penis Beker.
It was truly a time to be alive.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.