Jack Monroe #568 Things Jack doesn't understand - Gaslighting, Gas heating, Gastronomy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Google sex beaker Mumsnet it comes up on first page. Enjoy as it's hilarious.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Consider this thread completely derailed: OP also used to piss in the beaker.

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
When I was about 19 I went on a work trip with women much older than me to Blackpool. We all just drank steadily through the day.

I will never forget watching the woman I had sat opposite for six months who I thought was a bit boring piss into a Coke can perfectly. Not a drop was spilled.

I should thank her really as never drank full fat coke again after that.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
Well, how do we start?
About 12 years ago on MN there was a post that just beggared belief. It actually goes to show how much MN has changed. The thread was easily 500, maybe a thousand pages long (no exaggeration) of just hilarious comment after comment. A far cry from today's MN where you'd be shouted down.
Basically someone asked a question to a conundrum. What should she do instead of the Sex Beaker? Which was quite the opening post.
After the original hilarity calmed down it turned out this particular Mum of the Net kept a plastic cup of water at the side of the bed for her husband to dip his penis in after sex and was under the impression that all other ladies did this too.
Why the duck he had to do this was never really answered and the hilarity went as far as people knocking up a fake IKEA advert for a Penis Beker.
It was truly a time to be alive.
Christ. Whatever happened to wiping it on the curtains.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Yeah Mumsnet is mad now isn’t it. They’ve all gone really nasty. I sometimes used it in all seriousness way back and it was cliquey as hell but supportive. Now it’s like, someone will post asking for support to leave their abusive spouse and keep full custody of their kids and the first replies will be all THIS IS YOUR FAULT FOR HAVING CHILDREN WITH THIS MAN or YOU ARE CLEARLY NOT A RESPONSIBLE PARENT TO PUT YOUR CHILDREN IN THIS SITUATION.

I date Mumsnets true downfall to the start of the CoL crisis cos interest rates went up and all the Boden mummies suddenly got hit with the realisation that their mortgages were too big and they could no longer afford to buy seitan and massive salads to enable them to maintain their size 8 figures.

Oh dear, how sad.

Although ironically it is now the kind of place where someone like Jack would genuinely be told she should’ve kept her legs shut.
Yep I got out when those replies started in at the top of a thread. If it was unpleasant enough to think, then just say it. Some posters were still thoughtful and genuine in their response but God help us there was unhinged responses. Straight in with the unfounded accusations of parental incompetence and beyond. And cliquey. I didn't find it a place of any joy so I disengaged and it wasn't hard to leave it behind.
On here, I meander along with the flow, it never turns into a massive rucking row, people are listened to and spoken to with respect and genuine consideration.

I've learned loads about all sorts and had my stomach actually do a 360 roll at some of the recepies. I dont get the boak. Blood and guts are not really an issue but some stuff if hers has given me the kind that start behind your knees and send a ripple through your scalp without actually puking.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Not these two images one after the other! This is why Tattle and Mumsnet should never cross streams.

IMG_5528.jpeg

I blame that Jack Monroe… remember her?

• Haha
Reactions: 67
Nothing Jack has ever said has led me to believe that she's sees women as anything more than "the competition" which have it in for her cos, well, she's just a stunner and no one can handle that.

Its a quality of hers that gets to me more than other aspects. Faking her feminist credentials when they're about as deep as her understanding of cooking but never being called out in public about it. Allowed to ponce about with a veneer of activism on women's issues but in reality, for from it.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
JackyPBakedBeans has left the building.

Looks like they joined to tell of the horrors they have endured at the hands of the canal and then hotfooted it off and closed their account when they didn't get the response they were looking for.

Boohoo.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
She's lifting the edge of the tent and peeping u der to see if she can slide back in. The temperature has not softened. I think MN was a safe enough place for until a year or so ago but they've got the measure of her now. And I suppose if they're not having any of her flannel, there's not much hope to be had at a stage at Hay or Clit Fest or Edinburgh?

Reactions: 42
JackyPBakedBeans has left the building.

Looks like they joined to tell of the horrors they have endured at the hands of the canal and then hotfooted it off and closed their account when they didn't get the response they were looking for.

Boohoo.
Not sure if she has fully left the building.
There's one of those sad fishing type quotes at the end of that thread. Might not be her, but it's the sort of vague attention seeking thing she'd say before flouncing out.

Reactions: 28
There's one of those sad fishing type quotes at the end of that thread. Might not be her, but it's the sort of vague attention seeking thing she'd say before flouncing out.
And another account with only one post. I mean, you could try and misdirect a bit at least.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Yes, just saw that. Both are one post wonders. It's the lack of commitment to the activity that gets me.
Put your back into it guest.
Mind those crumbly ouchy bits though.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.