Jack Monroe #568 Things Jack doesn't understand - Gaslighting, Gas heating, Gastronomy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I might be completely wrong here @Valiofthedolls but, in the interests of rigorous triangulation, were these corduroy pics not taken after SHE LEFT? She did that weird hair amputation and underwear on the sideboard shots when LJC fled the bungamansion in 2020.

So she couldn't have been living with LJC at this time, no?

Everything else you've said, dear one, stands.
These were definitely a part of operation 'win back Louisa '.
I don't know why LJC didn't just keep running.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
I almost start to feel sorry for her sometimes and then I remember she’s told so many lies, we’ve been able to keep this thread going even though she hasn’t been on Twitter in months. And it’s not like they were harmless ones either, she told a lot of them to get people to send her money.
Exactly this. Even in the kindest interpretation, she's a mentally unstable mediocre but highly persuasive chancer who got lucky with cheap recipes and a sob story, who managed to convince a bunch of naive well-meaning folk to keep holding her up and giving her a platform, but is now struggling to maintain her relevance in a world where she can't compete with more authentic and talented content creators. Time to leave the limelight, guest - you're not automatically entitled to a public platform, especially when you're a lying grifter.

PS Close the patreon
PPS Where's the VBI, eh??????? More than two years later... https://www.theguardian.com/society...-uk-thats-why-im-launching-my-own-price-index

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I haven't gone near The Mothering Place since lockdown. It had already become an odd place and seemed to have lost the gentler side to it that I'd really benefited from in many ways but something shifted and it felt highly strung, humourless and quick to attack.

I discovered Tattle a bit ago and it was a revelation. The difference in tone being the most striking. It's obvious there are folk of all backgrounds and exkerience here but there is a communal spirit and acceptance of all that has kept me company lately on long painful nights.
Wit, insight, diligence and a disinclination to put up with subpar media darlings who need to be told all about themselves. For my money, this thread is doing society a grea5 tservice. It's a warning to any Wannabe Grifters that the grift may be sprung quicker than they expect and Tattle will be there to document it and broadcast the goings on.
And if they don't like it, we'll thats fair too, but that's the game yiube chosen to play so tough tittie.
---

Another beauty that she's bizarrely kept in her Facebook photos
I honestly can't deal with thar Pound land Nigella pose up there. Its so demented.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
I might be completely wrong here @Valiofthedolls but, in the interests of rigorous triangulation, were these corduroy pics not taken after SHE LEFT? She did that weird hair amputation and underwear on the sideboard shots when LJC fled the bungamansion in 2020.

So she couldn't have been living with LJC at this time, no?

Everything else you've said, dear one, stands.
You’re right. Cords was post LJC. SHE LEFT in early May, days before that thirst-post. LJC’s leaving caused all poor Jack’s hair to fall out in clumps in the supermarket.

Jack was monetizing the duck out of the pandemic before that while with still with LJC. Apols for not being clearer, I’m BUSY trying to only spend 15-20 mins on here while being FORENSIC.
IMG_7508.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
The Jamie Oliver group has a lovely entry-level job going in their content creation team, which might be a good fit for a person wanting to pivot out of budget cookery into something media related. Nice benefits plus an opportunity to work on their "ongoing Cultural Appropriation" review (remember jollof rice?) and participate in the Cookbook Club (a bit like the Comments Club perhaps?).

Unfortunately, it also requires a "genuine interest in food", "strong writing skills", and "an organisational whizz, an excellent communicator and team player". Maybe not for our Jack after all.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
The Jamie Oliver group has a lovely entry-level job going in their content creation team, which might be a good fit for a person wanting to pivot out of budget cookery into something media related. Nice benefits plus an opportunity to work on their "ongoing Cultural Appropriation" review (remember jollof rice?) and participate in the Cookbook Club (a bit like the Comments Club perhaps?).

Unfortunately, it also requires a "genuine interest in food", "strong writing skills", and "an organisational whizz, an excellent communicator and team player". Maybe not for our Jack after all.

If she ended up working for That Man, I would never stop laughing.
I'm sure he'll find a candidate actually suited to the role, though.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
If she ended up working for That Man, I would never stop laughing.
I'm sure he'll find a candidate actually suited to the role, though.
It would be pretty funny but I doubt she would go for it and also doubt she'd be hired.

I just like posting these things to goad guest when she reads along but cannot comment.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I'd apply for Jamie's job but the wages aren't enough and if you'd even see my figure, you'd know I like food 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
To be honest, I think her ''career'' was on the wane then. Her appearances weren't exactly a success, and attendance to her talks was really low iirc.

It's brilliant. Cracks me up every time. 😂 As Vali said, the thing in her hair is her hair. It's the same braid that featured in her equally perplexing 101 Dalmatians selfie.

View attachment 2866104

Jack-as-movie-titles - Fillers in the Mist
I always used to think she was wearing cling film on her head in the top pic.

Sorry I see @VeniVidiVicki also thought the same!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Why has she edited the picture to look like she has light coming out of her fanjita?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I do wonder if she ever looks back at some of her ridiculous posts/photos and thinks "God, yes! I AM a bit of a dick sometimes"

It's the absolute lack of any self awareness that I find baffling.

I spend way too much time overthinking all the stupid stuff I do... maybe I should be more Jack?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
oh dear g-d, not the mediterranean arse cords! id erased them from my mind 🫠

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
I wondered if there’s a first responder equivalent to the military’s Walter Mittys & stolen valour. It seems to be almost unknown, but one guy on Reddit had this take:
View attachment 2864819
It’s so telling that she’s not proud of the job she actually did. That front line call handler post has to be a challenging role, why imply or allow the perception to flourish that she was a firefighter?
It just was never good enough to impress Daddy Wispa, was it?
The term "walty" (or walt) is generally used across the services for people who are "in" but just a bit.. Jack. Prone to fantasies and exaggeration.
I think her lie is stretching that term though tbh.

The police also describe excessively gung-ho types who tend to buy very expensive accessories and get involved in kerfuffles off duty as "job pissed" but medical emergency services have adopted "Ricky Rescue" for the same sort of situation eg paramedics that are SAR volunteers and special constables or similar.

I can't think of a word for outright faking but if I come across one I'll report back.
Wannabe might be a reasonable fit for now though.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.