Jack Monroe #568 Things Jack doesn't understand - Gaslighting, Gas heating, Gastronomy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
hey, I’ve successfully lost 10kg this year on the stress and poverty diet.

I wouldn’t recommend it and your mileage may vary. I’m super happy to have started a job last week and the first thing I’m doing when I get paid is going out to eat. A lot.

Reactions: 69
Comgrats on your job LobsterStem! Here’s to an upward turn in your fortunes now

Reactions: 32
The problem with our pumbling pixie is that because she tries to elevenrife everything, she forgets that usually there is always someone who knows more.... ( normally its tattle tbf) she seems to live under this impression that she is the most clever, well read, lived person that ever lived and feels like by sharing her 'vast' knowlege that she is somehow improving the country/ world. Someone needs to sit her down and tell her that clever people normally admit they are always learning.

Reactions: 28
I hope it's going as well as her lasagne.

View attachment 2878972
4 years later and still burst out laughing when I saw the picture.
---
Pleeeeeaaaase tell me this is photoshopped.
You can see it in all it's technicolor glory in episode 6 (I believe) of DKL in the Wiki. As unbearable as she is to watch I would recommend braving it. Her absolute ineptitude, her rudeness and unprofessional manner and of course poor Matt with the colour draining away from his face.

Reactions: 35
No mention of any special equipment to make these things either I take it?

Guest's next misfire with expensive items (such as Doc marten spoon holders) is this!

Reactions: 31
My hackles were raised by the fact Xanthe Clay was one of the first to promote the person whose costing technique she’s deriding here.

Reactions: 46
My hackles were raised by the fact Xanthe Clay was one of the first to promote the person whose costing technique she’s deriding here.
Quite. She's apparently the Telegraph's "thrift expert" but this probably just means shopping at Waitrose instead of ordering hampers from Harrods on the regular.

I hate myself for being so judgy but she definitely looks like she votes Conservative, has a second home in France and a nanny for her children while she has expensive highlights and entertains her banking hubby's corporate clients.

Reactions: 40
I made it for the slopalong.

If you’re of a delicate disposition and don’t want to relive my traumatic experience, it was so bad that even my dog wouldn’t eat it
She actually has a talent for transforming edible food into something that a dog wouldn’t eat, and they eat poop.

Reactions: 34
thing is there’s such little substance behind anything she says, that she can just as easily parrot the above if it will score her “cOsT oF CoSeRvATiVe CrIsIs” Twitter points (that she can translate into Paterson/paypal paypigs*).

Almost like her experiences of poverty aren’t based in reality.

*I had to type that out SO many times because my thumbs were determined to type paypugs and yeah thumbs, I get it

https://giphy.com/12pJ8OxSWwO86Y

Reactions: 28
Yeah, if she’d had the guts to actually say “I was wrong, that 49p lunch was a false reality, my eyes have been opened” but instead she doubles down by creating a whole new false reality as @muriesnark has pointed out

Reactions: 39
Is the horsey lasagna among the choices here? Esp if Xanthe is determined to diss on guest.

Reactions: 32
It’s awful, and she’s absolutely fucked off her chump, slurring with nothing to say. When that came out in Jan 2022 she’d been claiming sobriety since June 2021. Here’s where it came up in the threads last time.
For those who can’t face the whole thing, @Yel captured the maniacal slurred cackling about apples being smaller.
About 4 seconds that sum up perfectly what a complete liar and charlatan she is.

Is the horsey lasagna among the choices here? Esp if Xanthe is determined to diss on guest.
Just piping in here after a few vinos:
1) do foodies usually eat lasagne with a spoon?
2) why leave it in the packaging if you’re going to put it on a plate?
3) why has she only eaten out of three or four? Waste food, much?
4) why has she not put wallpaper on the table ffs
5) no shots of her taking photos with her tongue?
This is performative Jack in a nutshell. It’s pasta joke to be honest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.