Jack Monroe #553 Fairytale of No Pork

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What I hadn't clocked before now is how quickly it had been debunked.

19 January, Guest: "Woke up this morning to the radio talking about the cost of living rising a further 5%. It infuriates me the index that they use for this calculation, which grossly underestimates the real cost of inflation as it happens to people with the least. Allow me to briefly explain."
30 May, ONS: "Nope. It's bollocks."

They still did more work debunking it than she did producing it.
Yep, it was quick and thorough! Her doubling down had to be seen to be believed, she came out swinging like crazy, only to metaphorically punch herself repeatedly in the face with grandiose, nonsensical, easily disprovable lies.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
What I hadn't clocked before now is how quickly it had been debunked.

19 January, Guest: "Woke up this morning to the radio talking about the cost of living rising a further 5%. It infuriates me the index that they use for this calculation, which grossly underestimates the real cost of inflation as it happens to people with the least. Allow me to briefly explain."
30 May, ONS: "Nope. It's bollocks."

They still did more work debunking it than she did producing it.
This makes it even more hilarious that as recently as this year, she was claiming the ONS were going to "sign off" the VBI for her and produce all the graphs for it. I wonder if that was the first they'd heard about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Spookily, I am currently in the past reliving the threads where this absolute car crash of an interview took place, and very interesting it is too!

For those who weren’t around at the time (I wasn‘t either, hence exploring the smorgasbord of bullshit now), this was the spate of interviews that she got off the back of the ONS releasing some stats that debunked her previous ludicrous claims about the inflation of value goods being many multiples of higher end goods (pasta up 344% etc). ONS research demonstrated that the rates of inflation they found were broadly the same across value and standard offerings.

Undeterred, Jack took to the airways to honk that she had been vindicated and that the findings had backed her up. Credulous interviewers failed to challenge her on this most basic fact- that the research contradicted rather than endorsed her claims. Other than the Telegraph, which ran a piece saying Nanny Nanny Boo Boos, Jack Wuz Wrong (I may be paraphrasing) whereupon our heroine threaten to sue them by setting paralegals on them.

Then she did this:

View attachment 2620350

(SS from @Marmalade Atkins)

So I can well believe that the week included a massive bender, high as she was on the Grifty Kitchen photoshoot plus all the delicious attention. Christ. Just mind-meltingly unprofessional. She was all over the place in the ones she did show up to, quavery voiced, rambling, slurring, noticeably off her face talking to James O’Brien and looking like she slept in a hedge, despite obviously copious amounts of filler.

The thread where it goes down is round about here ⬇ should anyone fancy joining me in days gone by! I am agog about how she makes the whole issue of the burgeoning cost of living crisis a three ring circus of “I was right haha!” And “duck the Tories” without so much as a brief detour into “here’s what people can do that might help”.

I think I came to the guest threads after this happened…. I can’t find the linky links to where she was tit faced while being interviewed…

Reactions: 16
Actually maybe she isn’t writing her book. Maybe she’s touring small shops in villages across the UK, as promised, so she can finally finish the Vivid Blue Implement.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Actually maybe she isn’t writing her book. Maybe she’s touring small shops in villages across the UK, as promised, so she can finally finish the Vivid Blue Implement.
Visiting impoverished families to offer a beacon of light during difficult times.

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Am digging- there are a couple somewhere in thread 314/315. I think this one courtesy of @Yel is later on in the day where she’d managed to smarten up (a bit). It’s the grey pov jumper in this BBC interview rather than the cardie that goes with the sister wife hair.
I think I came to the guest threads after this happened…. I can’t find the linky links to where she was tit faced while being interviewed…

EDIT: here is a particularly honky and rambly one, in the cardie

The one where she was off her face was an audio clip, I think LBC with James O’Brien but it’s late I’M EXHAUSTED and I can’t find it, DYWMTSB etc etc 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Visiting impoverished families to offer a beacon of light during difficult times.
If she sets foot in my tenement, I will throw my wooden clogs at her head but not before my urchins rub their snotty faces all over her poverty jumper and my cur deposits a huge tit right under her poncy Docs.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
This makes it even more hilarious that as recently as this year, she was claiming the ONS were going to "sign off" the VBI for her and produce all the graphs for it. I wonder if that was the first they'd heard about it.
So, what’s she going to say next year at these repeat gigs? Cannot wait.

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Yel

The one where she was off her face was an audio clip, I think LBC with James O’Brien but it’s late I’M EXHAUSTED and I can’t find it, DYWMTSB etc etc 🤣
This one? An absolute state. The world is far better without her scaremongering incorrect shite being broadcast

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
This one? An absolute state. The world is far better without her scaremongering incorrect shite being broadcast

That’s the one! 🙌🏼 She is completely out of it. Things are “rassling” round in her head. Slurs, loses her train of thought, rambles, doesn’t have an actual point to make, breaks into inappropriate laughter…It’s an absolute car crash.

You‘d think the audio would be better as it doesn’t show the mouth breathing, anxious looks, twitching and blinking that you get in the videos, but you’d be very wrong.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41

Not even one minute in and there’s a lie. She says she does this kind of price comparison thing with the ONS stats every year, but that’s not true is it?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 39

Am digging- there are a couple somewhere in thread 314/315. I think this one courtesy of @Yel is later on in the day where she’d managed to smarten up (a bit). It’s the grey pov jumper in this BBC interview rather than the cardie that goes with the sister wife hair.

EDIT: here is a particularly honky and rambly one, in the cardie

Thank you dear Soupy
---

Farkinhell this is AWFUL! LJC how could she be proud of it

• Haha
Reactions: 26
bleeping hell. I’ve never heard that before. That is not the voice of a sober person.

Reactions: 34
She better not turn up near me!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

I've just played that and my OH said, "bleeping hell, who's that? She sounds off her tits." and I've had to explain to him AGAIN that it is guest.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I haven’t listened to that before - this was when I simply could not bear to entertain her voice in any form - and I am utterly gobsmacked at how off her tits she CLEARLY is. How many days did she reckon she was sober at this point? Where in the timeline of sober countdown does it sit?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
I haven’t listened to that before - this was when I simply could not bear to entertain her voice in any form - and I am utterly gobsmacked at how off her tits she CLEARLY is. How many days did she reckon she was sober at this point? Where in the timeline of sober countdown does it sit?
That interview was January 2022. She claimed she’d been sober for some time at that point
05715317-F399-417D-B547-72C505B7AC7A.jpeg

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.