Jack Monroe #568 Things Jack doesn't understand - Gaslighting, Gas heating, Gastronomy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Goddddd she's u n b e a r a b l e. Cheap white bread, cheap toffees, cheap sausages, CHEAP BOURBONSSSS. Edge lording to all the middle class morons who lap up her tweets. Ha ha she's so funny that Jack! Not even embarrassed to admit she buys the CHEAP stuff, tee hee!

šŸ‘ŠšŸ‘ŠšŸ‘Š
And she's the figurehead of poverty, apparently. No bleeping wonder everyone thinks it's just shits and giggles šŸ¤¬

• Angry
Reactions: 31
If the 5 Simple Ingredients Slow Cooker book can have an inappropriately sweary sticker, why not Grifty Kitchen?
IMG_0928.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Iā€™m almost tempted to buy it. However if she even got 1p from me I would be fuming. I wouldnā€™t willingly give her the steam off my piss.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Iā€™m almost tempted to buy it. However if she even got 1p from me I would be fuming. I wouldnā€™t willingly give her the steam off my piss.
I love the way you added willingly because it suggests sheā€™s such a thief she would genuinely try and steal your piss steam.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
My local Waterstones still has the same three, slightly battered, copies of Grifty Kitchen from a few weeks ago.
Could you put a little mark on each one, dear heart, like Prince Harry taught you, to see if it's the same ones?

(I mean, it IS the same ones. No one's buying this toot)

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Goddddd she's u n b e a r a b l e. Cheap white bread, cheap toffees, cheap sausages, CHEAP BOURBONSSSS. Edge lording to all the middle class morons who lap up her tweets. Ha ha she's so funny that Jack! Not even embarrassed to admit she buys the CHEAP stuff, tee hee!

šŸ‘ŠšŸ‘ŠšŸ‘Š
Yeah and I donā€™t even understand what point sheā€™s trying to make here. All bourbon biscuits are cheap, thatā€™s kind of their point. What other kind of bourbon biscuit is there? Itā€™s not like Heston Blumenthalā€™s doing a hand fired valhrona ganache crumble bourbon sandwich biscuit for Waitrose is he?

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Definitely the same ones, same dented corners, one has a tiny sort of tear in the corner and they looked sort of dusty and neglected (at bit like Jack)

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Iā€™m most upset that thereā€™s a cook book with the title NOM NOM. What is the world coming to.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40

šŸ‘ŠšŸ‘ŠšŸ‘Š
If you're paying 3.5k a month for rent, getting the cheap biscuits doesn't represent budgeting. No one is impressed.

Reactions: 36
She has just been reminded on Twitter that she doesnā€™t drink milk due to a ā€œfluctuating lactose intoleranceā€ so drinking gold top milk by the pint probably isnā€™t a great idea.
Why the pointless lies
IMG_4465.jpeg
IMG_4464.jpeg
IMG_4463.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Watching That Man on catchup and his air fryer programme is good. Halfway through and he's already done 2 pretty decent recipes (apparently you can use the air fryer to wilt veggies, every day is a school day) Poppy Potatoes is up in the 2nd half (presumably cooking potatoes) and all in all it's a lovely comfy Monday night programme. Well researched, good filming, decent food that's easy to cook and someone who knows what they're talking about and can present in a decent manner.
Why the duck Jack ever thought she should be chosen ahead of JO (or indeed anyone else who appears on these types of programmes) is a mystery.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
šŸŒŸComments Club šŸŒŸ member: I saw the sun rise this morning.

Jack: Yes, a massive ball of flaming gas that travels on an orbit and appears in the west to shed its deliciously golden beams upon us all every day. I ran around on the beach once when it was shining down, I've never forgotten that.
Completed it mate

• Haha
Reactions: 25
She has just been reminded on Twitter that she doesnā€™t drink milk due to a ā€œfluctuating lactose intoleranceā€ so drinking gold top milk by the pint probably isnā€™t a great idea.
Why the pointless lies View attachment 2877718View attachment 2877719View attachment 2877721
šŸ¤£ if theyā€™re copying and pasting screenshots straight from here,
they could at least do an extra two mins research to find the originals

MILDLY lactose intolerant
IMG_7726.jpeg

IMG_7725.jpeg

FLUCTUATINGLY lactose intolerant (pissy and defensive cos she doesnā€™t know the price of milk)
IMG_7729.jpeg

GREATLY lactose intolerant indeed (this one about ā€œSPITE Burberryā€ profligate guestā€™s financial wisdom is quite the read)
IMG_7727.jpeg
IMG_7728.jpeg

WAAAAHEEEEEEY!!!! šŸ„›šŸš½šŸ§»šŸ„›šŸš½šŸ§»
IMG_7680.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
If you're paying 3.5k a month for rent, getting the cheap biscuits doesn't represent budgeting. No one is impressed.
But BUT if you buy the cheap tinned tomatoes for years, you too can afford multiple Ā£100+ hats!

šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Grifty has been such a runaway success that Amazon sells a bundle with it and three incredibly generic cookbooks that look like theyā€™ve come from the dustiest bottom shelf in a branch of The Works.

View attachment 2877392

I mean, you know a cookbook is quality when it has no author name, stock photos on the cover, and word art style graphic design. Thatā€™s right Jack, your cookbook is on par with the Plant Based Cookbook For Beginners which was probably written by Chat GPT.
The "F*ck! that's quick & easy!" is making me hoot. Possibly because it's the exact opposite of what anyone who's ever paid Jack to do anything would say.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.