Jack Monroe #568 Things Jack doesn't understand - Gaslighting, Gas heating, Gastronomy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What have Jack Monroe and a bungalow got in common?

They’ve only got one story and there’s nothing upstairs. 🥁
Thread title nomination!

Poss shortened to something like "Jack Monroe #569 - Like a bungalow: one story and nothing upstairs" if too long?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I read a horrific story at the weekend about a guy being stalked by his ex, and well, there’s definitely a vibe here.

IMG_6770.jpeg

IMG_6773.jpeg

IMG_6774.jpeg

Yeah I scroll through the mail when I’m bored. Sue me.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
What have Jack Monroe and a bungalow got in common?

They’ve only got one story and there’s nothing upstairs. 🥁
What’s guest got in common with the bungamansion?
They’re both worth far more than she’d lead you to believe and they’re both full of crap.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
What’s the difference between Jack and the Bungamansion?

One accumulated their value through a variety of legitimate factors, the other has absolutely no value whatsoever.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
With narcs this "Oh isn't the football fun, look how normal I am, let's talk about nice normal things!" sometimes works in real life with people, because you're just grateful they're not being unhinged.

On Twitter is a whole different kettle of fish.

Surprised she hasn't cooked fish in a kettle tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
With narcs this "Oh isn't the football fun, look how normal I am, let's talk about nice normal things!" sometimes works in real life with people, because you're just grateful they're not being unhinged.

She'll still be cleaning the bleeping kettle.
---
There was a whole rush of Agatha Christie stuff two years ago when Worsley published her book, did a TV programme and endless tie-ins across various platforms. So guest is not exactly keeping up with the zeitgeist on this.
But isn't that always the case with her? Years behind the curve.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Having read the Worsley book I can remember lots about it but not the pints of cream thing. Which probably says more about me than guest.

A Crowdfunder Is Announced

(Can someone get some aspirin onto) the 4.50 from Paddington (for the arthritic Monroe)

The Mystery of the Gravy Train

Tattlers Can Remember

By the Pricing of my Pumbles

I'm having a difficult time. These aren't brilliant. Soz. I'm loving your work though.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Someone had tweeted the cream thing at her before she immediately passed it on as her own insight.
🌟Comments Club 🌟 member: I saw the sun rise this morning.

Jack: Yes, a massive ball of flaming gas that travels on an orbit and appears in the west to shed its deliciously golden beams upon us all every day. I ran around on the beach once when it was shining down, I've never forgotten that.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
View attachment 2877294
Oh dear, how sad, never mind. Grifty K is down to £5.48...this time last week it was £7.09😂
Frances Quinn, a lovely author >10k followers so unsquigged, who is hugely supportive of other authors’ work answered a question about pricing on the hellsite recently.

IMG_8693.jpeg

If her understanding is correct (a wise Frau will know more) if Amazon lower the price the author gets no less a cut, but if it’s lowered by the publisher or a supermarket they do. If that’s how it works and Amazon deals are decided by Amazon, guest might do okay out of this. I dunno. Poop if so.

Reactions: 23

Oh bleeping hell, that’s the next Currys deal isn’t it?

“Cook ASDA value haddock in your SMEG Spenny Kettle”

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
My theory:

Jack searched and searched for the sword of 'Domacles' but it was nowhere to be found. During her search, she accidentally fished Poseidon's trident out of a puddle. She also fished Poseidon out of a puddle and he is her new OH.

This hirsute gentleman is Poseidon (according to Playmobil).

View attachment 2876528

''My fishos bring all the girls to the yard.''

Who needs a freezer when you can store the fish in your coral?

View attachment 2876529

The Monroe bungalow now reeks of fishpaste.
Ooh, that would account for the ‘P’ in her username on MN. I knew she was referencing her new Old Harold.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Goddddd she's u n b e a r a b l e. Cheap white bread, cheap toffees, cheap sausages, CHEAP BOURBONSSSS. Edge lording to all the middle class morons who lap up her tweets. Ha ha she's so funny that Jack! Not even embarrassed to admit she buys the CHEAP stuff, tee hee!

👊👊👊

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
View attachment 2877294
Oh dear, how sad, never mind. Grifty K is down to £5.48...this time last week it was £7.09😂
Grifty has been such a runaway success that Amazon sells a bundle with it and three incredibly generic cookbooks that look like they’ve come from the dustiest bottom shelf in a branch of The Works.

IMG_6779.jpeg

I mean, you know a cookbook is quality when it has no author name, stock photos on the cover, and word art style graphic design. That’s right Jack, your cookbook is on par with the Plant Based Cookbook For Beginners which was probably written by Chat GPT.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.