Jack Monroe #560 Publication cancelled

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love it when old threads get posted.
I wonder how Big Green Books are getting on, and if they’re still trying to get folk to pay them via F&F.

I had entirely forgotten about Big Green Books and their desperate attempts to “give guest’s books away” for a modest sum, pay using PayPal f&f, nothing dodgy there, no siree. Just another peripheral grifter.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
Yeah she regularly bloats Choccy D’s service as a “paratrooper” which would ordinarily be taken to mean an infantry soldier in the Parachute Regiment, which I don’t believe he ever was.

If he took and passed the Army Basic Parachute Course then he’d be more usually referred to as “parachute trained” or “airborne”, not a “paratrooper”. I don’t think he ever did that though, as I don’t think I’ve ever seen any parachute wings or a “light bulb” on any of his uniforms/blazers - and he strikes me as the kind of guy who would wear them if he had earned them. Either way, whatever you think of the guy, his service in the Royal Artillery deserves respect as it stands, it doesn’t need to be bloated by his gormless daughter.
This led to David Hadjicostas MBE himself turning up to correct his daughter’s Wikipedia page about this. Despite the fact that the source of him being referred to as a para was… his own daughter. Who then continued to say publicly that he was a para even after his correction.
IMG_8942.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 60
I forgot to add the pretending not to be smug quote... Here it is quoted by another enabler...*

View attachment 2678037

Quite a different tone from

View attachment 2678038

*or should i say former enabler - screenshots stolen from @LavaFlake

View attachment 2678045
Late to the party but Monbiot hiding behind a trite Latin phrase instead of actually spelling it out to the people he (and Nigella etc) misled is utter bullshit.

Fess up, all of you. You supported a con woman. You encouraged people to throw money at a scammer. Not just once either. In your books, TV appearances, columns etc, you lauded A THIEF and a LIAR. Repeatedly.

And.not just this one. Others too.

Where are you now? Are you coming out into the open and owning up that you, YOU, despite what was undoubtedly being said around your dining table cliques, you who stood up and encouraged people to contribute, even when you KNEW all was not as it seemed, you still pushed for people to send money to some dodgy paypal and Patreon... You fucked up? Where are you now?

Stand up, own up, and refund some of the poor folk who trusted YOU. And get that bleeping Patreon SHUT DOWN

If the Post Office scam, which is only one of MANY, and I hope the rest are now exposed too, hasn't taught you celebrities, politicians and media types anything, then be prepared for an ever-growing backlash from those of us who are on Tattle, who are citizen journalists, who are archivists of all the receipts etc. The tide is turning.

I am sick to the back teeth of people like monroe, price, and many more getting away with thievery. And worse. And the politicians aren't any better. Lining their own pockets at our expense.

I know, I know, keep it on tattle, but my pitchfork is sharpened. Enough is enough.
---
I think what happened is she sank into snow and booze and also at the same time got sucked up her own arse and gradually decided that shouting and posing on twitter was easier and provided quicker dopamine hits than the laborious, often boring grind of effecting real change through grass roots activism.

I mean, grassroots campaigning isn't fun, you have to grind on for years to make even a tiny change. The post office guy alan bates is a really good example of that. He was at it for 15 years before the mainstream really started listening. There aren't many people who have the tenacity for that (I certainly don't) and there's always gonna be a certain subset of cluster b narc types who decide that posing and shouting on twitter will get them the attention they crave without doing any hard work behind the scenes.
As a grassroots activist who threw away over 25 years of my life to achieve something that nobody will ever credit me for, I can attest to how hard it is. Guest wanted quick results whilst doing zero work. Sitting in the public gallery, and shoving out a couple of column inches after a drink at home (who was looking after her child during these endless meetings????) instead of running for the council and actually putting in the legwork, reading the docs, spending hours in meetings with the stakeholders etc.

She is an idle bleep. I'm glad she thinks she achieved something but the truth is she was just laying a layer of twitter glitter over the hard work of many people who actually made sure the changes happened. She took the kudos. None, or very bloody little, of it is due to her at all.

I'm not a fan of Whitehall, quangos etc but there are people there who have put YEARS in to work their way up through the ranks and make changes for the society in the UK. She wafted in, shouted a lot, got chauffeured into the BBC, did her smug thing and rode on the coat tails of many hard-working folk who must be champing at the bit to expose her. I wish they would. And all like her.

JACK, PROVE ME WRONG BY PRODUCING 1. SINGLE. THING. OF. VALUE.

(and not some found in a puddle item of clothing, because we all know now you have an out-of control shopping addiction).

One thing that is actually all your own work, not plagiarised nor borrowed now copy and pasted, that you can hold up to us all and say you are proud of it.

1 thing.

And keep your child out of this.

1 thing that you can actually claim credit for, Jack. 1.
---
Apologies. But I'm truly fed up with these people who come in and ride roughshod over the people shouting from the sidelines for years that x, y or z is wrong. Alan Bates et al (Pick any aspect of life and you will find somebody fighting to be heard because they have been truly wronged) are ignored because of absolute twats like Monroe. So many people who are doing such good work about food poverty etc have been shoved aside by her. It has to stop. We have to start listening to authentic voices. Not morons like Monroe. A bleeping decade. Wasted. Whilst she pilfered from the poor and sat on sideboards took dreadful selfies, was platformed by numpties in mainstream media, and wasted thousands of pounds and even more words to boost her ego.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
This led to David Hadjicostas MBE himself turning up to correct his daughter’s Wikipedia page about this. Despite the fact that the source of him being referred to as a para was… his own daughter. Who then continued to say publicly that he was a para even after his correction.
View attachment 2679381
You just know the big headed bore will have "MBE" on his debit card, don't you?

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Jack had to bubble wrap the crappy bungalow 🥺

(2022)
View attachment 2678993
Why is she acting like it’s Leningrad in 1941 and the Germans have cut off all the supply lines? Jack you’re not eating wallpaper paste and hacking through the ice on the Neva because there’s no more running water; you’re sat in a bouji dormer bungalow in a wealthy part of Southend. Could you just ONCE in your life be grateful that you live in one of the wealthiest most peaceful countries on earth and STOP with all the poor me melodrama?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Why is she acting like it’s Leningrad in 1941 and the Germans have cut off all the supply lines? Jack you’re not eating wallpaper paste and hacking through the ice on the Neva because there’s no more running water; you’re sat in a bouji dormer bungalow in a wealthy part of Southend. Could you just ONCE in your life be grateful that you live in one of the wealthiest most peaceful countries on earth and STOP with all the poor me melodrama?
SHAN’T!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
This tweet of hers has aged well. Like a mini babybel left to rot gently, carefully, in a bongo.

To be fair to Jack, she is "still bleeping here" in that enormous bungamansion, and she's "not going anywhere" either, except perhaps "the big house"

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
SHAN’T!
I hit Post Reply and just knew that one of you gorgeous Frauen would come back with this classic :)
---
To be fair to Jack, she is "still bleeping here" in that enormous bungamansion, and she's "not going anywhere" either, except perhaps "the big house"
I do wonder what the hell happened with that whole move because she did at one point tweet that she'd 'exchanged contracts'. That seems like a pretty irreversible event to me. Unless it was a lie ofc. Surely not!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.