Jack Monroe #452 Pulped Fiction

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmm not sure of this has been flagged and as a frau who doesn’t use PayPal I thought this was interesting. It smells like BigGreenBooks uses a Jack esque model of doing business what with seeing tax as an optional payment and now this method of exhorting customers to pay using friends and family. This method apparently invalidates your consumer rights ( no idea if this claim is valid but on the surface it does make sense).

Still Grunking the last thread, so apologies if it’s been referred to

D9AE91EB-D880-4C5D-AB7F-58CFB9AA472B.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 71
Frauen.....its been a long day, but can we just take a minute to appreciate what the scene must be like in the crappy bungalow right now. I imagine it will be littered with tin cans ripped open by Jack's bare hands, and not a single radiator left on the wall.

Chaos beyond our wildest dreams x
jack-monroe-bbc-one-kitchen-live-768x758.jpg

Hoist by her Very Own Niche Genre.
Touché , Jack, touché.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 54
Thanks so much! 😂 😘 I get it now. What I don't get though is why someone would have four carabiners in their house but not a colander? This is the mallet question all over again.

Love your ''mistake! I can admit mine'' note btw.
I also wonder why anyone with a modicum of sense would go to the trouble of cooking pasta to the point of readiness then not have a plan or kitchen implement to remove pasta from said pan. She's a simpleton.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
She'd better be careful. Coming out fighting is one thing, but throwing out potentially libellous claims in a scattergun manner is quite another

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
A new day of chaos begins.

We must be approaching the Deactivate Twitter stage of the cycle now. I reckon either today or next week when Grifty Kitchen smashed into the book charts at number 39.

• Haha
Reactions: 80
If she sees nothing wrong with storing knives like this, perhaps that explains why she sees nothing wrong with suggesting people use a knife and a hammer to open a tin. She just has no sense. These are all sharp (or they should be, if you look after them properly). You shouldn't store your kitchen knives in such a way that an unwary plunge of your hand into the drawer results in cut fingers. A lot of them are also expensive (I can see two Global brand, they're a couple of £100 each) and storing them like this will damage them.

The red knife on the left, next to one of the Globals is a stanley type for DIY. Two three things
  1. it should be in your toolbox, not your kitchen drawer, you skanky mare
  2. the black slider is for retracting the blade into the handle so you don't bleeping cut yourself on it.
  3. She's so bleeping stupid and careless
View attachment 1858973
Agree with all of this, and that’s without even asking why she needs - let me see - 5 almost identical chef’s knives left in shitstate in this particular kitchen nightmare.

Tell me you’ve got a shopping/hoarding problem without telling me you’ve got a shopping/hoarding problem.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Hmm not sure of this has been flagged and as a frau who doesn’t use PayPal I thought this was interesting. It smells like BigGreenBooks uses a Jack esque model of doing business what with seeing tax as an optional payment and now this method of exhorting customers to pay using friends and family Which apparently invalidates your consumer rights ( no idea if this claim is valid but on the surface it does make sense).

Still Grunking the last thread so apologies if it’s been referred to

View attachment 1859001
That was covered in thread #450, tender one.

Reactions: 22
Well I for one am amazed that this is Jack’s “defence” 🤭

2CB7358B-37AD-47EF-B1BD-A4A550EFB744.jpeg

And Jack calling someone else’s writing a “rambling essay”. 👩‍🍳💋

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 110
She'd better be careful. Coming out fighting is one thing, but throwing out potentially libellous claims in a scattergun manner is quite another
But she knows everything about libel. Because she saw an article about it in the Times

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I enjoyed the article. I like articles that don't go too deep on the more insane aspects (SPOOOONS) as it can come off as a bit unhinged. This seems fair and balanced and I like the angle of the 'acceptable poor' and exploring a bit why people are attracted to the 'make do and mend' - mentality (which isn't wrong in itself, just like everything else, people take it to ridiculous lengths and we get lint in toilet rolls). It's well-written and has a clear direction and focus.
I'd now like an investigative piece that looks into the scam aspect in detail, but I've always felt Jack is only part of a wider societal problem we have with people begging on SM. She's but a ring pull in a Fanta-packaging machine. Matei, Kirsty, Chrismate - are you still here?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
Sorry, but why?? To make them more crumpet like/ appealing? She really thinks we're all simple, doesn't she.🤦‍♀️
Just guessing here, but I suspect it went like this:

1. her mad little puppy brain came up with a tit recipe that doesn't work
  2. someone (the food stylist/photographer?) said "err, aren't crumpets supposed to have holes in them?"
  3. Sticking rigidly to her "one and done" method of recipe testing, and possibly up against the deadline for the photography, she went "duck it" and stabbed a load of holes in them, rather than admitting the recipe doesn't work and going back to the drawing board.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.