Jack Monroe #560 Publication cancelled

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Winning thread title by @Emmapism. You win a book token so you can go buy some books that have actually made it to print.

Recap: In the last thread, to much sorrow, we discovered the memememememoir has, in fact, had its publication cancelled :( which is a shame because I do love a good choose your own adventure book. Guest still nowhere to be seen but also still dirty deleting tweets. General consensus seems to be that she will never return, and yet in the last week we've seen several accounts inexplicably rt'ing an old speech guest gave on TV. Is she planning to finally make an honest living, or ...? And there was a collective tear and sigh of "oh, mate" for the person who got a full size colour tattoo of guest. Never mind, they can just tell everyone it's Eva Green.

Vielen (lücke) dank! Wiki up on the pink button.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 96
We are a mere two days away from the anniversary of the SHattenstone biopic of Guest.

I remember well reading it first and being disappointed. And then again and thinking "wait a moment" and then reflecting and thinking "Guest has utterly fucked herself" - which she did, and she has.

HH2 - SHattenstone - GenGar. Not since Gerald Ratner gave an honest account of his product has someone so royally wrecked their own lucrative moneymaker.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 82
Bringing this over as I was typing it while the thread closed:
The quarterhack :sick: is such a fascinating insight into guest's attitude to food and money. It's all about shopping and hoarding. There's nothing helpful there for actually planning meals in a coherent way, especially if you don't have the cash to have a freezer stocked with duck gyoza and three jars of sifted stuffing in the pantry so you can get away with a £20 top up shop.
I know I bang on a bit about sorted food, and they're not the only people doing this, but we've started using their Sidekick app so we don't spend so much on Hello Fresh (#poshwankers). It is really helpful as it offers multi meal recipe packages that avoid food waste (which is also money waste) by using up the same ingredients across them in different ways, with a handy shopping list.
Surely if you had limited money the best place to star would be a weekly meal plan, based on fresh, bulk and frozen ingredients that you can split up between across the week, a few larger cooks that leave leftovers etc. Then you just need to buy the stuff that fills the gaps, plus snacks etc. But of course, she suggests hoarding a random list of stuff and then mavericking up slop concoctions out of it on the fly, just like Matilda 🙄
I appreciate that meal planning is a skill, but there are loads of apps and resources, blogs etc to help, many of which the Frauen have mentioned here. Guest's approach is pointless busywork that wastes your time, and has a high chance of not actually resulting in a sensible week of nutritious tasty meals. But we knew that already.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
We are a mere two days away from the anniversary of the SHattenstone biopic of Guest.

I remember well reading it first and being disappointed. And then again and thinking "wait a moment" and then reflecting and thinking "Guest has utterly fucked herself" - which she did, and she has.

HH2 - SHattenstone - GenGar. Not since Gerald Ratner gave an honest account of his product has someone so royally wrecked their own lucrative moneymaker.
Shattenstone was hilarious for the enormous gap between JM's perception of it (brilliant pen portrait of much beloved if trouble national treasure, sexy centrefold) and the reality (hatchet job in the sly way only a truly posho snob paper like the Graun could ever hope to manage).

Her inevitable follow up tweets justifying the photoshoot and reiterating/defending her fictitious 'history timeline' were priceless too.

We defo need an anniversary celebration and unearthing of those classic tweets.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Bringing this over as I was typing it while the thread closed:
The quarterhack :sick: is such a fascinating insight into guest's attitude to food and money. It's all about shopping and hoarding. There's nothing helpful there for actually planning meals in a coherent way, especially if you don't have the cash to have a freezer stocked with duck gyoza and three jars of sifted stuffing in the pantry so you can get away with a £20 top up shop.
I know I bang on a bit about sorted food, and they're not the only people doing this, but we've started using their Sidekick app so we don't spend so much on Hello Fresh (#poshwankers). It is really helpful as it offers multi meal recipe packages that avoid food waste (which is also money waste) by using up the same ingredients across them in different ways, with a handy shopping list.
Surely if you had limited money the best place to star would be a weekly meal plan, based on fresh, bulk and frozen ingredients that you can split up between across the week, a few larger cooks that leave leftovers etc. Then you just need to buy the stuff that fills the gaps, plus snacks etc. But of course, she suggests hoarding a random list of stuff and then mavericking up slop concoctions out of it on the fly, just like Matilda 🙄
I appreciate that meal planning is a skill, but there are loads of apps and resources, blogs etc to help, many of which the Frauen have mentioned here. Guest's approach is pointless busywork that wastes your time, and has a high chance of not actually resulting in a sensible week of nutritious tasty meals. But we knew that already.
But you're forgetting one important part my tenderstem....Jack was playing being poor (and playing at being a chef)
Hope that helps xo

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I must have missed it in the last thread, but where has it been confirmed that her me-me-memoir has been cancelled? (And how predictable, I'm sure it's the fault of the marauding muthering ninnies).

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I must have missed it in the last thread, but where has it been confirmed that her me-me-memoir has been cancelled? (And how predictable, I'm sure it's the fault of the marauding muthering ninnies).
Post 860, page 43.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Wait, what??
Yes unfortunately https://tattle.life/threads/jack-monroe-559-untitled-jack-monroe-memoir.43431/post-17923274

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I don't think her publisher ever officially bought the memoir. I reckon it was another one of those Jack Announcements that never come to anything.

Reactions: 17
I don't think her publisher ever officially bought the memoir. I reckon it was another one of those Jack Announcements that never come to anything.
Bookselling fraus can confirm but it was listed on trade websites as well as Amazon and I don't think people, even already published authors, can just list upcoming books like that, I think it has to come from the publisher.

Reactions: 37
...yes. The fact that it has an isbn (book number) means that someone somewhere planned to do something with it. Isbns are easy enough to buy tho.

Reactions: 37
The memoir's been cancelled?? NOOOOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOO 😭😭😭

View attachment 2669299
We'll never know the definitive version of the "Big Mac from a bin" story. Did she eat it, or just consider it? Was it half-eaten or still wrapped? Were the gherkins still in situ or not? This will truly go down as one of the great unsolved mysteries of our time.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Really sorry as too much going on to keep up actively with this thread plus you get jack fatigue every now and then so take a rest, Anyway last time I looked at Jacks patreon count it was the day after the expose and it showed that it had gone up to 600 odd (I assume rubberneckers having a look for free/ cheap?) Anyway went to have a look today and it no longer shows subscribers and earnings! can that be removed by the "non" patreon or is this a website owner change? Do we have the latest figure on the thread somewhere. Thanks all.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.